Man points

all the ARSE dribble
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Re: Man points

Post by durbster »

kwijibo wrote:Flame throwering your weeds is definitely cool, but I'm pretty sure that regular weed killer like round up is perfectly safe for dogs - just give it an hour or two to dry up to be overly cautious.
You're probably right but the packaging is predictably vague about it so I'm not sure. We sometimes feed her by scattering her food around the garden too so she's used to eating stuff off the floor out there, and might find a new smell well worth licking.
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

durbster wrote: I've recently been weeding our patio with a flame-thrower.
Miss V's dad has done that in the past on their farm. A couple of kilometers of scrub and 3/4 of a haystack later he decided that it wasn't the best option anymore :P
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

Well yes. :D

Thankfully, bush fire is not something we have to be concerned about.
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

I have to confess losing some man points at the weekend. Before I share, I am appealing to your compassionate natures and ask that you do not banish me forever.

At the weekend I grabbed a jar out of the fridge. And failed to open it :(

I did get the same jar this morning and succeeded, so have clawed something back, but the shame is still overwhelming which is why I've had to unburden myself.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

I need to open jars with that rubber thing now. They're too hard to grip.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

I use my shirt for twist tops (beers), last night though I struggled even using my shirt. I'm convinced I have some mild arthritis in my hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

w00dsy wrote:I need to open jars with that rubber thing now. They're too hard to grip.
I can't open jars at the moment so I might have to get one. It's embarrassing to ask for help in opening a jar :cry:
Minister for Religious Genocide.
pab

Post by pab »

DexterPunk wrote:I use my skirt for twist tops (beers)
Fixed!
PB
Radioactive Race Engineering #16 / Lightning Karts KT100s #61
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

Dr. Pain wrote:
w00dsy wrote:I need to open jars with that rubber thing now. They're too hard to grip.
I can't open jars at the moment so I might have to get one. It's embarrassing to ask for help in opening a jar :cry:

without making excuses, i think jars are being tightened more than they used to and the lids are more slippery. That's why i need the little rubber matt. I have no idea how old ladies would open one.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

They have better seals than before. Stab them with a knife in the lid and the pop pretty good.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

I know some are really bad. Like the sweet&sour cucumbers are really hard to get off. Even back in my climbing days they were a tough task to open, nowadays it's a two-man job (or rather, man+woman).

One trick is to pry the perimeter of the lid with a blunt knife a few places till you hear some air getting in. Then it's easy.
If you stab it, DrPain, you can't re-seal it :)
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

There's a joke to be made from that last line Ysu.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

ysu wrote:If you stab it, DrPain, you can't re-seal it :)
I know that's why I only do it to stuff I will use all of it or stuff I will use quickly. Once you break the seal, most stuff is about 7 days before it starts to go down hill.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

wabbit wrote:There's a joke to be made from that last line Ysu.
I did not realise that...hehe.
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

w00dsy wrote:
Dr. Pain wrote:

without making excuses, i think jars are being tightened more than they used to and the lids are more slippery. That's why i need the little rubber matt. I have no idea how old ladies would open one.

Still good at jar opening.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
Muppet

Post by Muppet »

TOP TIP: Smack a vacuum sealed jar on it's base a few times and you'll be able to open them easily, most of the time. Moves the air around and releases the air lock.

Probably a joke about being air tight here lol
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

Muppet wrote:TOP TIP: Smack a vacuum sealed jar on it's base a few times and you'll be able to open them easily, most of the time. Moves the air around and releases the air lock.

Probably a joke about being air tight here lol
You mean when the jar smashes into lots of pieces? :D
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

Got some man points last weekend as I somewhat successfully replaced a rotten fence post. I used a big hammer to break up the old foundation, and ended up trying to burn out the rotten old wood in the hole because I couldn't shift it any other way. Hammers and fire = good man points.

Mind you, it took me almost seven fucking hours - three times longer than I'd planned - so I think I lost some points there :D :melt:
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Muppet wrote:TOP TIP: Smack a vacuum sealed jar on it's base a few times and you'll be able to open them easily, most of the time. Moves the air around and releases the air lock.
Run hot water over the lid. The metal expands making it easier to unscrew and the air inside expands reducing the vacuum.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

DarrenM wrote:
Run hot water over the lid. The metal expands making it easier to unscrew and the air inside expands reducing the vacuum.
Just jam a knife or spoon under the edge of the lid and twist it. Most of the time the jar lid isnt tight, it has a vaccum seal on the fucker.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

norbs wrote:
DarrenM wrote:
Just jam a knife or spoon under the edge of the lid and twist it. Most of the time the jar lid isnt tight, it has a vaccum seal on the fucker.
Actually smacking works - but on the sides of the lid. I've got this from an online video recently, and tested a few times since. A few not overly gentle smacks to the table with the side of the lid.
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

For my mind, warm water over the jar/lid is the best option. Other options risk damage to the lid, the jar and the seal.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

So we need a book... ARSE: 101 ways to open vacuum sealed jars (I want my fucking pickles!)
Muppet

Post by Muppet »

And a follow up youtube page... ARSE: Opening vacuum sealed jars fails compilation :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Always tapped jar lid on the ground/hard surface since a kid.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.