Labor!
37%
Liberal
32%
Greens!
5%
Independent!!11
6%
Some random party with a silly name or entertaining policy:)
13%
Fuck voting..
8%

Total votes: 63

Jiminee

Re: Which muppet you voting for?

Post by Jiminee »

Fair enough - so you have to put the form in the box, but there is no check that you have submitted a valid vote though.
XLV SPORT
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

You still have to show up so most vote while they are there.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

That's some real cast iron, Thatcher style balls on May to think she can hang in there after this catastrophacilly ill advised debacle.

She does not even have a modicum of Maggie's political nouse however.
I drink a great deal, I sleep a little and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two hundred percent form - Sir Winston Churchill
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

We're learning a lot about the DUP today. Blimey.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

norbs wrote:$300 million hey. Fuck me.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/ ... wqlu3.html

Three paragraphs into reading it....
Immigration Minister Peter Dutton put the blame back on Labor, which reopened the Manus Island detention centre in 2012
There we go.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

The Adani steamroller seems going strong...altho I'm not sure how reliable this source is
http://junkee.com/adani-native-title-senate/108559
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Santaria

Re: RE: Re: Which muppet you voting for?

Post by Santaria »

ysu wrote:The Adani steamroller seems going strong...altho I'm not sure how reliable this source is
http://junkee.com/adani-native-title-senate/108559
Pretty much all true. Everyone here in the CQ area is waiting to make bank on the new mine. So more shit out of the ground to only flood the market and kill the price in a year or two. QLD will never learn.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Re: RE: Re: Which muppet you voting for?

Post by smithcorp »

Santaria wrote:Pretty much all true. Everyone here in the CQ area is waiting to make bank on the new mine. So more shit out of the ground to only flood the market and kill the price in a year or two. QLD will never learn.
Will also bugger coal prices at other mines across Australia!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-05-09/a ... rt/8505564

Such a dumb project.
norbs

Post by norbs »

How long do we need to put up with this sort of shit?

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... are_btn_tw
norbs

Post by norbs »

Have a look at this. I dont expect you to get through the 16 minutes, see how you go.

"We had running writing". What the fuck good is that these days?
Muppet

Post by Muppet »

1 min in and I want to shoot myself, this bitch can't math
Muppet

Post by Muppet »

This dumb fucking excuse for a human being is just demonstrating you don't need a fucking education to at least become a senator in Australia!

Strive for it stupid!
Muppet

Post by Muppet »

I actually felt my IQ lowering per each minute I watch, Thanks Pauline, I now qualify for a disability pension cause me too dumb!

I think she just gave the Hansard a stroke!

Holy fuck, Labor only opposes because they are in opposition, holy fucking bat balls, how can dumb get so far in this country, the position of the opposition is in it's fucking name!

And yes I watched it all, that's a fucking challenge no one should take up!
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I am shocked at what she said today.

I remember back in primary school two brothers were disabled and I can't remember what they had but they were not long on this earth. Drew and Simon. Both didn't live past 13 years old. They were at our school like 1981 or so. We were told to not laugh at them or poke fun and we didn't and every day their faces would light in big smiles when they saw any of us and we'd say hello to them. They could hardly speak but they were one of us and we made them feel like it as best we could. They could go to school on certain days and they only did maybe 6 months of school in two years before they had to leave. Their bodies failed them.

This woman wants those kids to never be in the same class as other kids, tell that to the parents of Drew and Simon. She wouldn't have the guts to do so.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Dr. Pain wrote:This woman wants those kids to never be in the same class as other kids,...
And that's really badly backwards. I much applaud the system here in Australia, as I grew up in that backwards system and I can't properly appreciate, handle nor understand people with disabilities, still, today. I've grown up in a society that put these people away in "special" schools, saying they need the attention. I can tell it's a badly broken idea, tried & tested - and failed properly, too.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

We did the same thing for a long time Ysu. But that changed during my school years. You can't punish someone just because life dealt them a shitty hand.
norbs

Post by norbs »

Dr. Pain wrote:We did the same thing for a long time Ysu. But that changed during my school years. You can't punish someone just because life dealt them a shitty hand.
What the fuck! Of course you can Doc. Especially if you are an older white male and they are brown people who have had their homelands ravished by wars.

Truly, this shows just how fucked up Hanson is. She constantly seeks to divide people and preys on the people she obviously finds not to her liking. She is fucking repulsive.

Sadly, I did agree with one point she made (it kills me to say that). Not everyone should go to uni. We need more people in trades.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

norbs wrote:Sadly, I did agree with one point she made (it kills me to say that). Not everyone should go to uni. We need more people in trades.
That's right. But that does not validate any of her other points, does it?

by the way; Hungary went that way as I was growing up. What they've got now is a way over-qualified population (on paper at least) who aren't willing to take up a tool. The remaining tradies are making a killing, and I kid you not. Couple this with the lack of proper protective laws and it creates a very dangerous landscape.
Eg tradies turn up, take half the money, then bugger off. They've got more money than the average person so they are in a more powerful position than you - what can you do? There's no paperwork, if you ask for that sort of thing, they'll not even look at you.
But mostly they don't even turn up. My bro has just been through this recently.
In the end he found a guy who was a long-time friend and he was able to help him out.
Muppet

Post by Muppet »

We don't have a lack of kids taking up trades, we have a lack of kids sticking with it. Working in the TAFE system, the amount of kids who complete their apprenticeships and don't stick with there trade, I recently found out is very high.

While schools are rewarded for high academic achievement though, it will never change, the secondary systems only success outcome for them is getting kids into Uni. They often cull kids before they reach year 11 and 12 if they can so it doesn't make their numbers look bad.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

I know I know, I'm back with NBN news...but this thing just keeps giving.
"NBN is rolling out inferior technology in poorer areas: report"
http://thenewdaily.com.au/life/tech/201 ... -economic/
pab

Post by pab »

pab wrote:My mum's area has had HFC NBN for a while now. She got a letter saying she needed to switch over soon because the analogue system was being switched off. so we chose a plan for her, I submitted the application and paid for the modem/installation. The modem was installed by her ISP about 2 months ago and she was told that within a few days it'd be activated. She then gets a series of messages advising her of delays which gradually pushed back her activation date, it's now apparently going to activated on May 25th. The analogue system will be turned off in her area on May 12th.

We've since found out what's causing the delay. She's on a subdivided block (she's number 19, her neighbor is 19a) and it seems when the external boxes were installed on those two houses both lines from the street were brought into 19a, so she just has an empty box on her wall! So she'll now be without internet or phone for at least 2 weeks.

And the classic is, 3 or 4 weeks or so ago a woman from the NBN knocked on her door to tell her that she wasn't connected to the NBN yet, and that she should apply for it straight away or she'd lose her internet and phone! When my mum explained to her why she wasn't connected yet her response was, "yeah, that sort of thing seems to be happening quite a bit". :rolleyes:
Since Ysu brought up the NBN I thought I'd make an update to this post. Their date of May 25th came and went. I requested (through her ISP) an update, was told it would take a week to get a response, and then (after that week) was told that the new activation date for her account is now July 11th, a full 4 months after she applied for it. Seems to me each time they just pick a date about 6 weeks into the future just to shut us up, with no plans for when it'll actually get done.

Thankfully they haven't turned off the analogue system either, and since the NBN won't actually be any faster or better than what she already has, we're not going to get too upset until the analogue system is gone.

If she's not up and running when it goes off though, all hell will break loose!
PB
Radioactive Race Engineering #16 / Lightning Karts KT100s #61
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

pab wrote:Seems to me each time they just pick a date about 6 weeks into the future just to shut us up, with no plans for when it'll actually get done.
That's exactly what they did with the rollout dates when I've been waiting for it...altho in that case they've played with 6-month periods, rather than weeks. It was extended about 4-5 times before something got done.
norbs

Post by norbs »

This is great.

Muppet

Post by Muppet »

pab wrote:
pab wrote:My mum's area has had HFC NBN for a while now. She got a letter saying she needed to switch over soon because the analogue system was being switched off. so we chose a plan for her, I submitted the application and paid for the modem/installation. The modem was installed by her ISP about 2 months ago and she was told that within a few days it'd be activated. She then gets a series of messages advising her of delays which gradually pushed back her activation date, it's now apparently going to activated on May 25th. The analogue system will be turned off in her area on May 12th.

We've since found out what's causing the delay. She's on a subdivided block (she's number 19, her neighbor is 19a) and it seems when the external boxes were installed on those two houses both lines from the street were brought into 19a, so she just has an empty box on her wall! So she'll now be without internet or phone for at least 2 weeks.

And the classic is, 3 or 4 weeks or so ago a woman from the NBN knocked on her door to tell her that she wasn't connected to the NBN yet, and that she should apply for it straight away or she'd lose her internet and phone! When my mum explained to her why she wasn't connected yet her response was, "yeah, that sort of thing seems to be happening quite a bit". :rolleyes:
Since Ysu brought up the NBN I thought I'd make an update to this post. Their date of May 25th came and went. I requested (through her ISP) an update, was told it would take a week to get a response, and then (after that week) was told that the new activation date for her account is now July 11th, a full 4 months after she applied for it. Seems to me each time they just pick a date about 6 weeks into the future just to shut us up, with no plans for when it'll actually get done.

Thankfully they haven't turned off the analogue system either, and since the NBN won't actually be any faster or better than what she already has, we're not going to get too upset until the analogue system is gone.

If she's not up and running when it goes off though, all hell will break loose!

Pab, after months of dealing with the ISP and NBN my mate's son finally just got on the ombudsman who gave NBN an ultimatum date and wham bam, 1 week later, all up and working.