Labor!
37%
Liberal
32%
Greens!
5%
Independent!!11
6%
Some random party with a silly name or entertaining policy:)
13%
Fuck voting..
8%

Total votes: 63

ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Re: Which muppet you voting for?

Post by ysu »

We're hunting for our own Trump, aren't we?
Although Tony was rather close...
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Montey

Post by Montey »

norbs wrote:http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-04/d ... pt/8773422

Boy. Old Mal did it tough there.
I think that transcript paints Turnbull in a very good light and showed him effectively managing a complete buffoon to an outcome in Australia's favour.

I think that this transcript leak could help Turnbull.
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
norbs

Post by norbs »

He sure showed more composure than I could have.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Wow. Heave you guys heard about the libs' internal meeting about the same sex marriage?
Apparently they've decided
- if a plebiscite returns 'no' they won't bother with a bill
- if a plebiscite returns 'yes', they'll submit a bill and allow it to get voted down.
norbs

Post by norbs »

ysu wrote:Wow. Heave you guys heard about the libs' internal meeting about the same sex marriage?
- if a plebiscite returns 'yes', they'll submit a bill and allow it to get voted down.

Abbott and Abetz, our 2 foreign elected reps are terrified the sky will catch fire if the gays can marry.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

this just keeps giving
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

It's the new political football, worked out perfectly for the NBN didn't it :D
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

This is a very good article in my opinion. Paywalled, so here's the wayback machine link.

http://web.archive.org/web/201708080657 ... 808-gxrmo0
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

ysu wrote:Wow. Heave you guys heard about the libs' internal meeting about the same sex marriage?
They are charging the tax payer $122 million to maybe do the postal plebiscite and if the result is a yes it's then up to the government to maybe do something about it or maybe not.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

It's absolute bullshit! What a bunch of idiots! Non binding postal votes.. For fuck sake!
eek
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Non biding and non-compulsory, so you can guess how reliable the result is going to be. Eg if religious organisations make it compulsory for their flock to vote, it can skew the results enormously. And in the end, all they gonna get out of it is what has already been well researched.
$120m down the drain, that's what it is. Lucky the budget emergency slogan has been phased out, heh. Although they've managed to crash the budget pretty badly, even with all the cuts and reductions.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

pope is still firing :)
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I think what will happen is people will vote and vote for change so it's out of the way. In this day and age it's a non issue. Marriage should be for everyone and they should get back to real issues.

But these idiots are only committed to their reelection rather than any long term projects, infrastructure projects. But they just pass the buck all the time and find someone to blame for it. I can see them being voted out for this endless crap and Labor winning not because they are a better choice but because, well who else do you vote for?
Montey

Post by Montey »

Dr. Pain wrote:I think what will happen is people will vote and vote for change so it's out of the way. In this day and age it's a non issue. Marriage should be for everyone and they should get back to real issues.

But these idiots are only committed to their reelection rather than any long term projects, infrastructure projects. But they just pass the buck all the time and find someone to blame for it. I can see them being voted out for this endless crap and Labor winning not because they are a better choice but because, well who else do you vote for?
I'm not so sure that any vote (plebiscite, postal-plebiscite, or even referendum) will be such a clear cut victory in favour of SSM. (I should add at this point that I don't actually care that much which way this goes, I just want it over with so we can get on with issues that affect 24 million people instead of less than 40,000 people.) My gut feeling is that the reason the ALP and Greens have been wanting to keep the vote to the parliament is because they are somewhat concerned about what result a public vote might yield; otherwise, why not have just voted for a plebiscite in 2016 and it could have been all done already - people could have been same-sex-married last year.

Whilst the trajectory of Australia seems to inevitably be towards legalised SSM, there is a lot of time, energy, and political capital being expended arguing about the how. Yet, when the question of a parliamentary vote (ALP) or a plebiscite (Libs/Nats) was taken to the election the electorate voted for the Libs/Nats. Additionally, every single public opinion poll on the matter, taken since the question of SSM became a mainstream issue, says that the electorate wants a plebiscite (whether an in person vote or a postal vote); to the best of my knowledge there are no polls that show the largest group wanting a parliamentary vote.

My personal opinion is that none of the parties really gives a shite about SSM, it's just another way to score points (after all, if the ALP really cared about this then they could have dealt with it when they were last in power).

It's amazing how quickly he changed his mind after he became ALP leader.
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
norbs

Post by norbs »

Shorten has changed, like a lot of them, but they are all being left behind by Turnbull. What a spineless piece of shit he has turned into.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

They've all flipped and flopped on the idea but they have failed to see that this should be non issue. It should have been done by now.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Montey, I don't think people voted the libs solely on this issue :)
I've a feeling the majority of the people are fairly indifferent on the subject.
Montey

Re: RE: Re: Which muppet you voting for?

Post by Montey »

ysu wrote:Montey, I don't think people voted the libs solely on this issue :)
I've a feeling the majority of the people are fairly indifferent on the subject.
Ordinarily I wouldn't have sited it as, yes, the were many reasons why the Coalition won and not the ALP. The main reason I did mention it however is that all mainstream opinion polls have consistently showed a popular desire for the plebiscite option.

At no time as the parliamentary option out polled the plebiscite option. So the plebiscite was part of winning an election, and it has continue since then to be the preferred option.

There is no basis to claim that the parliamentary option has popular support.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

It wont get the popular support as there's still a lot of people who are conservative in their thoughts and they are stubborn to change. Even though they don't vote for the Libs/Nats, they still have that mind set. But it is changing albeit slowly. We are still very good at inequality in this country.
Muppet

Post by Muppet »

If you ask a bunch of numpties if they want a plebiscite by right wing pollsters, what do you think the answer will be, when this is the only option given to solve the issue.

How about the simpler polls that just ask Australia's position on marriage equality. Most are at about 70% in favour of it.

Quick google search shows

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-06-22/e ... ge/7520478
http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/ ... q9wed.html

So if 70% of the country is for it, then the simplest answer is a parliamentary vote on a bill, which is how all our other bills are passed. Why does this issue even need a plebiscite other than because the Libs already know that they are in the minority and it's the best delaying tactic they have.

Ask a reasonable Aussie they'll just tell you they wish the pollies would just get on with it already. It would have passed if most of parliament wasn't controlled by a bunch of bloody christian do-gooders who still live in the dark ages.

If it's not clear, i'm for marriage equality, simply because I couldn't give a shit who marries who, and the equality issue is, everyone should be able to suffer marriage equally :lol:
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

The one thing to take away from it, I reckon, is that the whole parliament really needs a clean sweep.
Benches are filled with friggen bigots...
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Farkennel, have you guys heard about Tony Monkey's gay sister? Is this real?
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-40875989
norbs

Post by norbs »

ysu wrote:Farkennel, have you guys heard about Tony Monkey's gay sister? Is this real?
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-40875989

I wondered when she would crack.