Labor!
37%
Liberal
32%
Greens!
5%
Independent!!11
6%
Some random party with a silly name or entertaining policy:)
13%
Fuck voting..
8%

Total votes: 63

norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Re: Which muppet you voting for?

Post by norbs »

Even Sinodis shut him down today when he used a peer reviewed paper about penises causing climate change to question peer reviewed papers. He claimed he wasnt, but what other point was he fucking making?

Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

The 'peer reviewed journal' isn't so very peer-reviewed. Essentially its a pay to publish open access journal. There's plenty of these that will even post chemtrails bullshit.

https://orgtheory.wordpress.com/2017/05 ... ess-model/
norbs

Post by norbs »

At least the little prick has a sense of humour.

KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

:bigthumb:
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
norbs

Post by norbs »

Looks like the ABC fact check is back. I thought it was gone.

Politicians should be made to apologise for these sorts of lies.

norbs

Post by norbs »

Wow, have a read of this, about the US fucking up elections in other countries and how the Russian interference was fuck all in comparison.

http://rozenbergquarterly.com/noam-chom ... elections/
Yet it is true that there have been cases where the US was directly involved in organizing coups even in advanced industrial democracies, such as in Australia and Italy in the mid-1970s. Correct?

Yes, there is evidence of CIA involvement in a virtual coup that overturned the Whitlam Labor government in Australia in 1975, when it was feared that Whitlam might interfere with Washington’s military and intelligence bases in Australia.
macca
Founder
Founder

Post by macca »

It has long been mooted that the US was complicit in the overthrow of the Whitlam government
I don't know where I'm going but I'm on my way!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zedmacca/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

"Liberal Andrew Robb took $880k China job as soon as he left Parliament"
http://www.theage.com.au/national/inves ... wje3e.html
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
norbs

Post by norbs »

ysu wrote:"Liberal Andrew Robb took $880k China job as soon as he left Parliament"
http://www.theage.com.au/national/inves ... wje3e.html

Watch last nights 4 Corners to see that they all do it.
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

macca wrote:It has long been mooted that the US was complicit in the overthrow of the Whitlam government
Twas self inflicted Comrade! Those staggeringly inept fucktards did everything they possibly could to get their sorry excuse of a Government dismissed.

I've love a serious explanation as to why that maggot Dastyari is not up on Treason charges. Fucking disgrace, Robb too.
I drink a great deal, I sleep a little and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two hundred percent form - Sir Winston Churchill
norbs

Post by norbs »

Holy shit the UK election!

Kev's, any thoughts?
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

Look at us! Thanks to Brexit we're TAKING BACK CONTROL!

Ugh. What an embarrassing shit show.
norbs

Post by norbs »

Come on Durbs. You forgotten where you are posting?

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

Fair point. :D

In all seriousness, this shambles has raised some interesting points. First, it appears social media is catching up with the Daily Mail and The Sun in being the prime influencer in our elections. The number people who only get their information from their favourite newspaper is dwindling, and perhaps people are finally starting to realise how full of utter shit they are. I'm not sure where online news sources (proper ones) fit into it all but times are certainly changing.

Also, I was completely wrong and it turns out we do have an opposition, and they're presenting something that is actually different. Good news for democracy.

Third, Brexit continues to be a total clusterfuck and Cameron should be blamed for inflicting it on the country. One way or another, we now go into Brexit negotiations (that start in a couple of weeks) with what the world now knows is an openly weak Government. Yay.
norbs

Post by norbs »

Looks like record numbers of young people voted too.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

I'm actually in London at the moment and from an outsider's perspective, it was just such a different vibe when it comes to voting. People having to vote at particular polling stations, on a weekday with no sausage sizzles! There was a polling station over the road from where I'm staying (at which the people I'm staying with weren't allowed to vote) and people just wandered in in dribs and drabs throughout the day.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

Yeah the polling stations can be anywhere from churches to village halls to pubs. There was an an election while I was in Oz but it never occurred to me to see how it all happens, so how do you vote over there? All I know is there are sausages :D
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Well, we all have to vote is the biggest difference I guess so polling stations are packed. There tend to be cake stalls and sausage sizzles to raise money for the schools they're held at. And since you can vote anywhere you can actually place your vote at the museum of Australian democracy (old Parliament house) and other interesting places. Given it's compulsory vs optional, I wonder how close the number of voters is between the two countries?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

It was a big gamble to take in the UK by calling the election. Giving up a majority government because of greediness for more seats. Now they are forced into coalition with conservatives from Northern Ireland. That could cause issues with the Scottish conservatives and the Scottish conservative leader is in a same sex relationship and that's something the Northern Irish are against.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Montey

Post by Montey »

The compulsory or non-compulsory aspects of our respective voting systems are actually a massive difference that completely changes the political dynamic when comparing the two countries.

The non-compulsory voting systems in the US and the UK means that any party who wants to form government needs to primarily appeal to their base constituency before they can attempt to pick up as many centrist voters as possible to get enough MP's to form government. If they don't their base stays home and they can't get enough votes. They also need to energise their base to get out the vote, because if their base arrogantly assumes they will win then they will just stay home.

By contrast, the compulsory voting system in Australia means that any party who wants to form government has to primarily appeal to the centrists to get enough MP's to form government. Whilst this may result in the major parties losing votes from their bases (ALP voters to Greens, Lib/Nat voters to PHON, FF, etc.) the major parties can generally rely on those peripheral parties throwing them preferences or at least supporting them in the parliament on motions of supply and support.

Whilst it may seem that the latter system yields a preferable outcome for middle Australia, versus the UK or US systems that yield results for their bases, the difference is that Australian politicians need to put in place more policies that appeal to the uninformed masses (those who pay no attention to politics until after they've bought their sausage); by contrast the US and UK systems result in their politicians largely ignoring those who don't care (because they probably won't vote) and they only need to talk to people who have probably done some research and have a little more understanding of politics.

I must admit, of the two systems I prefer Australia's but it has it's down sides.
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

It's one of the reasons why voting is compulsory in Australia. If it wasn't, voter turn out would be low.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

Though actually voting in Australia is not compulsory - turning up and getting your name ticked off the election role is (though you can get out of that to on religious grounds) but you can write whatever you damn well please on the forms.
XLV SPORT
norbs

Post by norbs »

Marching forwards like the US and Australia then.
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

Jiminee wrote:Though actually voting in Australia is not compulsory - turning up and getting your name ticked off the election role is (though you can get out of that to on religious grounds) but you can write whatever you damn well please on the forms.
Not exactly. Ref: http://australianpolitics.com/downloads ... -evans.pdf
  • The Commonwealth Electoral Act 1918, under section 245(1), states:
    ”It shall be the duty of every elector to vote at each election”.
  • Under the Electoral Act, the actual duty of the elector is to attend a polling
    place, have their name marked off the certified list, receive a ballot paper and
    take it to an individual voting booth, mark it, fold the ballot paper and place it
    in the ballot box.
  • It is not the case, as some people have claimed, that it is only compulsory to
    attend the polling place and have your name marked off, and this has been
    upheld by a number of legal decisions:
    • High Court 1926 – Judd v McKeon (1926) 38 CLR 380
    • Supreme Court of Victoria 1970 – Lubcke v Little [1970] VR 807
    • High Court 1971 – Faderson v Bridger (1971) 126 CLR 271
    • Supreme Court of Queensland 1974 – Krosch v Springbell; ex parte
      Krosch [1974] QdR 107
    • ACT Supreme Court 1981 – O’Brien v Warden (1981) 37 ACTR 13
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]