Tassie trek

all the ARSE dribble
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Tassie trek

Post by DexterPunk »

I'm interested in the opinions of some of the Tassie Arses here. But anyone else who knows the place well, and has some experience trekking may have some good ideas too.

I'd like to organise a 2-3 day trek with mates. I'm going to look at a long weekend next year, and add a few days of annual leave to work around it. We should have plenty of time to organise it, and time to train a bit too since we aren't the fittest lot haha. I don't mind it being a challenge, in fact I'd rather that. It would make the experience more rewarding. Any ideas of where in Tassie would be a good place to head?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Re: Tassie trek

Post by KNAPPO »

Hayden (Bauer i think) seems to know the area well and has some nice photos on Facebook of his trecks.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

KNAPPO wrote:Hayden (Bauer i think) seems to know the area well and has some nice photos on Facebook of his trecks.
Hazelb is Haydyn. He walks around a lot and no doubt will see this thread :up:
--------------
Stu
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Awesome. At this stage we are looking here... But would love as much info as possible before making any decisions.

http://www.parks.tas.gov.au/?base=27104
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

Dex.

WOJ are sensational. Cant go wrong there. The never never is also very special, but im yet to visit.

WOJ you could walk into the camp area in 4 hours. Plenty to see..Mt Jeruselam, Dixons Kingdom, the temple, king davids peak, solomons throne...

Let me know what other info you need..ive me a call if ya like...ill msg you my number... :D
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

https://rockmonkeyadventures.wordpress.com

Not a bad site for various walks...
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Annoyingly this never went ahead. My mate with experience walking through tassie did his ACL. One other guy who was initially interested dropped out saying he wasn't fit enough. I don't think the others have the gear either. It pretty much left me and one mate who is an officer in the army who has the gear and interest in doing it. We decided that it's probably best to leave it for now and try and get the less fit guys into some shorter/less demanding walks.