Stupid Trump stuff.

all the ARSE dribble
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Re: Stupid Trump stuff.

Post by norbs »

Considering the things he said, I am surprised he lasted that long.

Did I see somewhere that he didnt even show up to the birth of his kid, but sent an SMS?
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

Yes his wife dumped him when she was 9 months pregnant. He texted her his congratulations when she gave birth because he was with Trump, shouting at Boy Scouts I believe. I'm not sure he's seen his kid yet.

You pretty much couldn't put a lot of trump stuff into The Thick of It or Veep without people thinking it was too outrageous to be real.

There's a great quote in The Thick of it from Malcolm Tucker "The PM is not going to sack you after a week. Sacked after 12 months - looks like you've fucked up. Sacked after a week - looks like he's fucked up."
norbs

Post by norbs »

norbs

Post by norbs »

I am probably to fucking stupid myself, but anyone else wondering, now that we have seen the way he operates laid bare in front of us, how Trump became a success?
norbs

Post by norbs »

that thread
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

norbs wrote:I am probably to fucking stupid myself, but anyone else wondering, now that we have seen the way he operates laid bare in front of us, how Trump became a success?
He must be a heck of a salesman and great at convincing people to invest money which we saw a version of during the election.

Otherwise he is not all that successful I thought. A lot of his ventures have failed and he has been bankrupt how many times? The ESPN 30 for 30 doc about his Football league shows he has not changed in the past 30 years but he can talk himself into just about anything. He is one hell of a salesman.
XLV SPORT
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

norbs wrote:I am probably to fucking stupid myself, but anyone else wondering, now that we have seen the way he operates laid bare in front of us, how Trump became a success?

He's a bully. He's always had everything handed to him on a platter and will do anything to get what he wants.

You only need to watch the documentary of him in Wales when trying to build his golf courses.

durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

It's interesting isn't it. Looking at how good Obama had to be, and how bad Trump is allowed to be shows see how easy a life you can have being a rich white bloke in the US.

Certainly it seems like you can do no wrong if you're rich enough.

And I think Trump's only achievement is convincing people he is rich enough, even though the reality of that doesn't seem so certain. I suspect one of the main reasons he won't release his tax returns is that it'll lay bare that he's not actually the successful billionaire he likes us to think he is, he just plays one on the telly. Frighteningly, that act seems to have convinced several million people.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

He's a convincing bullshit artist who has kept moving. He hasn't actually been successful at pretty much anything but has managed to slip away from responsibility and to surround himself with fall guys. For some reason people associate his name with success and now he mostly makes money licensing his name. Being president is highlighting his incredible stupidity and inability to actually manage people or projects. He is stunningly inept, isn't he?
Montey

Post by Montey »

I think it will eventually all come out that he is nowhere near a success, its just that he's made some very shady (likely illegal, possibly treasonous) deals that ensure a constant stream of illicit money that is able to sufficiently paper over his failures as a businessman.

The only thing he can remotely claim any success to is his ability to build the brand value of the name "Trump", but the way he has done this essentially a pyramid scheme (a pyramid scheme for personal brand value is an interesting concept in itself), but once the gloss comes off one element his whole brand value will be trashed (which includes his value to those who pay his bills).
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
Montey

Post by Montey »

- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
norbs

Post by norbs »

This is a long read, a full transcript of his Wall Street Journal interview, but it gives some idea as to his delusional nature.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/0 ... ipt-241214
VTRacing
Team Pedant (c)

Post by VTRacing »

norbs wrote:This is a long read, a full transcript of his Wall Street Journal interview, but it gives some idea as to his delusional nature.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/0 ... ipt-241214
Wow. That's terrifying.

He has to keep puffing himself up to maintain his ego, there's no core of strength or belief. He's entirely hollow.

And he has no capacity to actually form a complex thought and express it in an argument, it's all staccato "factoids" and rambling digressions...
:teach:
pab

Post by pab »

It's like listening to an 8 year old kid trying to come up with an excuse for why they haven't done their homework!
PB
Radioactive Race Engineering #16 / Lightning Karts KT100s #61
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

He knows nothing about the country he is leading or how societies work. He ran for pres to get his ego stroked and that's what he thinks the job is. Its quite surreal. he wants to be treated like the president, but not do the job.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

He's like most people with lots of money, "things would be different if I was in charge..." But very few of them can do a good job of it.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

It seems to me that the Presidency was seen as a prize, not a job.

Time and again in the past, I found myself surprised that the politician numpties that appear on the idiot box often turned out to have some depth and intelligence when given the opportunity to express themselves in terms other than 10 second sound-bites. I'm not holding out that I will be likewise surprised by this (apparent) fool.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
norbs

Post by norbs »

norbs

Post by norbs »

wabbit

Post by wabbit »

Worth the scroll just to see how the two parties voted on things.

durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

Imagine that conversation if you still had Tony Abbott :D
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

wabbit wrote:Worth the scroll just to see how the two parties voted on things.

That is quite extraordinary. I dread to think where the US will be in another ten years if it continues with this monumentally idiotic binary thinking.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

I'd like to see something similar for the Australian parliament.
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Montey

Post by Montey »

ysu wrote:I'd like to see something similar for the Australian parliament.
The Australian parliament won't be as extreme as that, due to our compulsory voting.

Also, the Republican's could produce a similar list that paints the Democrats in a bad light, you can paint any picture when you cherry-pick the colours. For example, the Republican's could put together a list that shows every time they voted to reduce spending and the Dem's voted to increase it - whilst the above list appeals greatly and feeds the narrative of the more left leaning online forums, the Repub's could build a similar list that would appeal to their audience. Both lists would be rooted in fact.