Finally, a realease date!

LFS chat
c.j
Midget Wanker

Re: Finally, a realease date!

Post by c.j »

i have your names etched on my shotgun stock... does that count?
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Post by kwijibo »

Limited Setups is a good idea - might not change much for aussie racing - we all just go on the server and plead with the fastest guy for his set anyway don't we ? :lol:

Never complain about free added content I say!
iMAXIBON

Post by iMAXIBON »

but what if the real thing is really understeery and clumsy?

this is the only thing im a bit worried about. no amount of left-foot braking and horn-tooting will help if 1300kg goes into understeer :(

but its an interestng idea, as were the bf1 and fbm and raceabout and mrt. annoying but interesting. i just hope they dont take away my XRT's camber tops, coilovers and adjustable swaybars. i'll cry :cry:
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Of course it'll be understeery! Seems like anything besides a Renault in FWD is an understeerer these days. It'll be interesting to see how it goes in LFS actually, as everything I've tried in that game has oversteered like crazy. Getting them to model it like the real thing should give them a better insight into tyre modelling too which can only be a good thing.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
VTRacing
Team Pedant (c)

Post by VTRacing »

Had to post this here, it was recently posted on the LFS Forums:

[youtube] [/youtube]
:teach:
wild
Master artist
Master artist

Post by wild »

Exar Kun wrote:Of course it'll be understeery! Seems like anything besides a Renault in FWD is an understeerer these days. It'll be interesting to see how it goes in LFS actually, as everything I've tried in that game has oversteered like crazy. Getting them to model it like the real thing should give them a better insight into tyre modelling too which can only be a good thing.
The XFR was an understeery piece of junk, but it's still one of my favourite cars in the game - it makes it more rewarding to get right :P

Anyhoo, this might look familiar to some! (pardon the fart can exhaust, the blender scene came from someone on the LFS forums, who is obviously deaf and blind, and can't tell that these things look and sound like shit).
Pinger$

Post by Pinger$ »

Wow, that dialogue was pretty well done :)

If only Hitler could see himself now :P
Luigi only likes Ferraris.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Yeah, I don't actually mind a little bit of built in understeer. Hearing that the car has a fairly fixed setup that also seeks to replicate the road car's handling has certainly made me more interested in trying it out.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Peptis

Post by Peptis »

Nice find VT. Some very funny LFS forum in-jokes there.
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

wild wrote:
Exar Kun wrote:Of course it'll be understeery! Seems like anything besides a Renault in FWD is an understeerer these days. It'll be interesting to see how it goes in LFS actually, as everything I've tried in that game has oversteered like crazy. Getting them to model it like the real thing should give them a better insight into tyre modelling too which can only be a good thing.
The XFR was an understeery piece of junk, but it's still one of my favourite cars in the game - it makes it more rewarding to get right :P

Anyhoo, this might look familiar to some! (pardon the fart can exhaust, the blender scene came from someone on the LFS forums, who is obviously deaf and blind, and can't tell that these things look and sound like shit).
You were inspired by VT's post for that skin ya Vild? :lol:
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

KART WORLD DOMINATION!!!!!!!
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

The car model looks really nice but I can't get excited about a FWD, I haven't fired up LFS since getting iRacing and I doubt this new car will change that. The video Victor made is really cool though, with a car model like that iRacing really doesn't look much better than LFS which is pretty poor really.

by the way the XFR handles pretty well for a FWD :yes:
wild
Master artist
Master artist

Post by wild »

Hz-Lab wrote:Image
Oh man I nearly fell out of my seat! :rofl:
VIPEROSI

Post by VIPEROSI »

Rots wrote:http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=51458

Delayed... but at least with an explanation rather than nothing :yes:
Our aim is to make the Scirocco our first car with very limited setup options. The plan is to make it have only the setup options that are readily available on a real road going Scirocco, for example tyre pressures and toe settings. This will mean that the racing should be closer than usual and rely on driver skill, without the need to search for the best setups. Of course this means we need to get the setup as good as possible so it is comparable with the real car.
:yes: :yes:

Awesome! About time road cars where not unlimited in their setups!
I have to agree, and i think it will make for some great online racing.

I have to add to the chorus of general discontent though...LFS made me love online racing and simulation but the lack of content updates is horrible. Im used to rfactor now where every week new tracks are available, every week new cars, new textures etc etc. I know this is because of the community, but surely the lfs guys can see that if they dont get there arse into gear they are going to get forgotten.

Simbin release entire new games more often then lfs patch.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

VIPEROSI wrote: Im used to rfactor now where every week new tracks are available, every week new cars, new textures etc etc. I know this is because of the community, but surely the lfs guys can see that if they dont get there arse into gear they are going to get forgotten.

Simbin release entire new games more often then lfs patch.
Very true on both points. But the quality of mods released is either extremely good, or something just thrown together overnight. As for Simbin, their quality is also starting to fade.
VIPEROSI

Post by VIPEROSI »

From my perspective if they were to improve the sounds of lfs, invite a core group of modders to create profesional and regular content updates. Add a real world track every now and then it would be fantastic.

LFS seems to have created the genre based purely on online simulation racing (rfactor,iracing,netkarpro etc) but on face value they really havnt kept up with everyone else.

Watching the video of the scirroco got me excited though...there is something about live for speed physics that just looks real, the way the cars transfer weight, the grip etc. It might be a old physics system but they do seem to recreate the feel of a driving very realistically. Seeing the car on the handling course going through the cones and coming to a stop everything just looks right. Something that i dont think i could say for any other sim.

So while im dissapointed in there very poor focus to maintaining a product and its fan base i still think they do a great job whenever they actually do get around to something.

P.S I really hope S3 has been in heavy development and isnt far away.... it would make all the lack of content updates worth it.
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

Good point Viper. With most other race sims the cars appear to float and only have brief moments of movement that looks real. Watching the Scirroco impressed me as well, it just moves so well as with other cars in LFS. I think what also helps with that is deforming tyres, that really adds to the realism of the cars movements. I can't believe how long LFS has had deforming tyres yet many other sims still do not. I'm not familiar with iRacing on whether or not it has.

I doubt S3 is in heavy development considering S2 is still only Alpha. The length this game has stayed as S2 Alpha is the biggest disappointment and used as an excuse.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Rots wrote:I think what also helps with that is deforming tyres, that really adds to the realism of the cars movements. I can't believe how long LFS has had deforming tyres yet many other sims still do not. I'm not familiar with iRacing on whether or not it has.
Pretty sure iR is absent of deforming tyre walls. Ive never noticed then move....
LFS is still the best sim out there in terns of how real the car looks on the track when in motion.
RBR isnt too shabby tho in my opinion.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

Well, nothing released yet, other than some mega rant about him having to move house which has caused delays. Blah blah blah. Suck it up, forget the excuses and release something interesting. :D

It's really hard to resist trolling in the LFS Forum... hehehe... fuck it, let the trolling begin!!

Starting off soft:

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php? ... ost1071051
Long gone are the days of being able to find decent random racing on public servers.

Anywho, wait another 6 months + and the VW might be released. Then you'll be able to find a million populated VW servers for about a month or two.
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

.. and going hard

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=53964
Rotary wrote:Nope. Well a few minor things but nothing really great springs to mind. Do you speak the Ket Language? Over the past 12 months LFS may have been translated into that.

There is a rumour of a car sometime in the future... I think the forum fairies call it a VW Scirocco, but lastest rumour is that it's delayed.
(Edit: Let the flaming begin) :nod: :D :yes:
richo

Post by richo »

There wont be any flaming, even the zealots have lost there zeal...
[]D [] []v[] []D
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

Damn you're right... just checked the forum and no reply's... boo!!!
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

haha, now that's really the end when even the fanbois have given up flaming :D
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Montey

Post by Montey »

It's been so long between feeds that the Troll's have died!
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!