Any news/updates?

LFS chat
thornz

Any news/updates?

Post by thornz »

Has anybody got anymore news of updates for LFS? Been awfuly quiet for the last 5 months.
Cant quite remember who, but one of the ARSE members was in the testing team, perhaps they could hint at anything? Or has the game come to a complete standstill development wise?
tehsid
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Re: Any news/updates?

Post by tehsid »

I think it was Cutter or Chaz? Though I'm not sure. I haven't heard anything for a while, which is a shame because its really made me loose any interest I had in the game. It was great when it came out, but its all getting a little long in the tooth now as without any major updates (new track/tracks or a massive overhaul) I'm not sure I could go back. Its getting on now, and I think people are starting to move on. Its a shame, because they had a potential winner on there hands for a while. But now its just another netKar to me.
thornz

Post by thornz »

Yeah, its a shame, jumped online in the wknd and had a few races, still a great sim when you race with the right people.
I sorta get the feeling that either they have abandoned the project and just letting it slowly die, or we are going to get a huge release sometime in the future that contains lots of new tracks/cars (wishful thinking perhaps).
Pinger$

Post by Pinger$ »

Patch is only running 5 months late...
Luigi only likes Ferraris.
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

no updates, but racing is still great, particularly Monday Night Racing...

I havent noticed the lack of updates personally... same physics realism as iRacing... more features than it also... can't race anything else at the moment.

to each their own I guess!
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

Cutter is/was a beta tester.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

SiD wrote:Its a shame, because they had a potential winner on there hands for a while. But now its just another netKar to me.
Thats a bit harsh don't you think. At least the LFS devs didn't take the money and run off for nearly 12 months without a word
Pinger$

Post by Pinger$ »

Well, yeah - but having announced a release date for a new content patch, only to let it slip 5 months now... I can understand people finding that pretty crap.
Meanwhile other sims, like iRacing are pushing forward with new content frequently (albeit much more expensive).
I think the new patch will bring people back, for a short time at least.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

I think that iRacing has actually shown what needs to be done in order to keep updates flowing the consumer's way and revenue going to the devs. It's too expensive but it seems to be working in our niche. The LFS devs have no real motivation to see S2 get out of alpha these days. Getting S2 to full release is unlikely to gain them that many more sales. At least with iRacing, the devs know that if they stop bringing new content & features, the money will stop flowing. And we know that as long as we keep paying, those new features & content will show up.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Scottie I agree 100% + calibrating all the time in iRacing is starting to get annoying Vs going to the profiler and viola

Pinger$ iRacing also has a much bigger department of people to do work there LFS is only 3 people+testers and it is a once of payment Vs subscription + track + cars if all games did that then you would see more development base also
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Cutter
Legend in his own lunchtime
Legend in his own lunchtime

Post by Cutter »

If you' asked this a couple of weeks ago, I'd have said nothing much happening at all.
But that changed a bit recently.

Some new content is being worked on and is pretty developed but still a bit of a way off.
Umm its not going to get people as excited as the S2 release, but its a good treat and will add something real to the mix.

Not trying to be too mysterious, cos I honestly dont know the final details of whats proposed. But it made me sit up and take notice.
Cutter ~ Carl Rickard

Pinger$

Post by Pinger$ »

wobbly wrote: Pinger$ iRacing also has a much bigger department of people to do work there LFS is only 3 people+testers and it is a once of payment Vs subscription + track + cars if all games did that then you would see more development base also
Totally see that point - but that may well be shortsighted on LFS devs part. I understand LFS is their baby and they don't want anyone else corrupting their immaculate conception... but it's getting to a point where you allow ppl to create content (because you no longer are) or it's going to die a slow, neglectful death.

There's plenty of talented coders and artists out there... why not introduce some fresh minds to stimulate development?
That's the point I can't get past at the moment. It's obvious they haven't been 100% committed to the project for some time... let alone 50%.

Anyway - still looking forward to see what happens :)
As Blackboard says, "Hurry Up!".
thornz

Post by thornz »

Cutter wrote:If you' asked this a couple of weeks ago, I'd have said nothing much happening at all.
But that changed a bit recently.

Some new content is being worked on and is pretty developed but still a bit of a way off.
Umm its not going to get people as excited as the S2 release, but its a good treat and will add something real to the mix.

Not trying to be too mysterious, cos I honestly dont know the final details of whats proposed. But it made me sit up and take notice.

Wet weather?? That would be cool!
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

That sounds interesting, I love Cutters little tid bits.

His hint on LFS are cool too.
tehsid

Post by tehsid »

r8response wrote:
SiD wrote:Its a shame, because they had a potential winner on there hands for a while. But now its just another netKar to me.
Thats a bit harsh don't you think. At least the LFS devs didn't take the money and run off for nearly 12 months without a word
Maybe. Don't get me wrong, I got my moneys worth out of LFS a long time ago. But its just sad to see the devs leave everybody so in the dark about whats going on. Its sad because if they came out and told us what to look forward to, why we should keep playing, then maybe I would. Cutters tid bit is all well and good, but we might not see that for another 12 months. Who knows what we'll be playing then. Its cool and all, having an alpha of a game out for... 2 years? 3 years now? But come on. It was never an alpha once people started paying for it, or at least, they shouldn't have launched it until it was 1.0. It may not have taken so damn long. But anyway, I'll keep an eye on whats going on with it. And then maybe one day I'll jump back on the LFS bandwagon, but for now I can't find any motivation to play it.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Pricks can go F%&K themselves, me and Vil's names ain't even in the credits yet we have contributed content. Although they did give us $15 credit to spend on ummm.. hmmm.. shit, there is nothing to spend it on... top work...what a crock of shit.

LFS got uninstalled from my computer about 2 months ago, have not missed it one bit. Shame, I loved it at one point, and still have love for what it was. But without the hype, development and buzzing community (yes people can argue MNR is still going strong, but the Aus LFS community is nothing on what it was a couple years back), I just cannot see myself getting back in to it.
hansonator69

Post by hansonator69 »

There needs to be more cars (both real life and fictional) and more/remastered maps. LFS needs a refresh to keep it up to speed with other sims. Also it's most likely the devs don't usually read the improvement suggestions board on the LFS forum. I have been losing some interest in LFS but it's the only sim i can have at the moment. The only thing that's keeping me into LFS is: Firstly. MNR and Secondly. oval racing
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

Hz-Lab wrote:Pricks can go F%&K themselves, me and Vil's names ain't even in the credits yet we have contributed content. Although they did give us $15 credit to spend on ummm.. hmmm.. shit, there is nothing to spend it on... top work...what a crock of shit.
You still upset about that :D
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

It is a sad state of affairs anyway you look at it, I still feel this is one of the best sims with respect to car handling physics even if it tackles it in its own unique way. I still get a better feel from GPL and I am guessing $Racing ,if I ever decide to try it, but for ease & fun of multiplay-gameplay LFS wins imho. I just don't have the time to enjoy LFS at this stage of my life, I may be back one day at which time these discussions may be a thing of the past, well here's hoping.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

cutters wasn't there in the last testers patch before Z, Snow setting in the options
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Vilante wrote:
Hz-Lab wrote:Pricks can go F%&K themselves, me and Vil's names ain't even in the credits yet we have contributed content. Although they did give us $15 credit to spend on ummm.. hmmm.. shit, there is nothing to spend it on... top work...what a crock of shit.
no not really, only time i think about it is when something like this pops up..lol. still would of been nice to be put in there though. fuck the shithouse prize off. just give us some credit. lol
richo

Post by richo »

The LFS forum is a wonderful place atm, even the most devout fan boys are starting to eat one another due to sheer boredom and having nothing to talk about apart from speculation.

All this talk of new content and the VW is great but fmd they should fix the collision system first its still borked after all these years,piss poor.
[]D [] []v[] []D
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

Hz-Lab wrote:
Vilante wrote:
no not really, only time i think about it is when something like this pops up..lol. still would of been nice to be put in there though. fuck the shithouse prize off. just give us some credit. lol
The revised Blackwood pit entrance/exit was modelled off a post of mine way back in RSC. Never received anything for my input on that. Bastards.
TreStylez

Post by TreStylez »

I have'nt had a proper LFS race in 1.5years+ and was looking to get back in to LFS but looks like not much has changed :(. Used to love all the close league racing and controversy ;). Might need to have a look in to this "iracing" stuff.
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

Hey Tre, long time no post :D