December 2010 - Report

LFS chat
Sambo
Horse
Horse

Re: December 2010 - Report

Post by Sambo »

ysu wrote:
Sambo wrote:It really is a shame - this game was the Mecca of sims. It had everything, great physics coupled with hilarious major crash physics, a strong community, great support (I've spoken to Scawen himself a few times to get an issue resolved) a most importantly the greatest online racing experience I have ever had.
I think that last part is the most important, it really brought ppl together in an easy-to-handle fashion. Real shame about it, too.

Absolutely - it was just soo easy to have fun. I play iRacing now and it feels, in a way, like I am racing lots of CPU players? There is little to no interaction between people on servers, races are every week in the big series not every 10 mins like the good old days. It just doesn't feel the same :(.

That and there are no BCOD in iRacing :D.

I do hope s3 rejuvenates the community back to at least a portion of its former self, it would be fun to race everyone again with the xrgt @ blgp. Though I fear, lfs is now the new GPL.
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

Sambo wrote:I do hope s3 rejuvenates the community back to at least a portion of its former self, it would be fun to race everyone again with the xrgt @ blgp. Though I fear, lfs is now the new GPL.
You mean RB4, right? :D
Sambo
Horse
Horse

Post by Sambo »

Bloody RB4 fan boys :D... The only thing Rb4 was good for was the Bumper Cars Of Doom. :D
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Doso wrote:
Defiantly, the LFS devs single handedly bought together an awesome community and then killed it off
Did they shake their fists in defiance at the other sims?
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
VTRacing
Team Pedant (c)

Post by VTRacing »

Exar Kun wrote:
Doso wrote:
Defiantly, the LFS devs single handedly bought together an awesome community and then killed it off
Did they shake their fists in defiance at the other sims?
:teach:
:teach: