Re: [Memory Lane] Some files from my LFS archive

Post by wabbit »

You fuckers :)

This morning I;
- cleaned up the second bedroom
- Got the desk sorted
- drilled a hole through the floor to run some networking
- made the cabling all pretty under the house
- found all the pc bits, connected and booted...

All so I could update LFS and have a quick go :D
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

:vibes: Some real good stuff back then.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
peter

Post by peter »

cool i now have all my old replay and skin's. now to see if i can get the right versions of lfs to watch them :)

ill chuck them up somewhere once ive worked out what versions they require for anyone that might want to see or use them

Okay does anybody have an idea on how I can get the old replay's to work. I know that the master server will no longer connect to old s2 versions so i cant validate the game to unlock the content to view the replays.
TIMMY30

Post by TIMMY30 »

I would probably have a hard drive full of about 5 years of lfs goodness lying around somewhere... dunno where though :(
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

peter wrote:Okay does anybody have an idea on how I can get the old replay's to work
Good question. Yesterday I found my old S1 archive from 2003-4 and my S2 archive from 2005-2008.
There are some great AAL races in there but I cant get the suckers to load. When I use the backup folder dump from that LFS build the replay loads but the cars are invisible, car load error.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Takumi

Post by Takumi »

Your S1 is probably not unlocked - mine wasn't either. You won't be able to unlock it either as they changed the master server details. So in order to do so you'll need to download the latest S1 version from the LFS website - it is hidden away on an "other downloads" page from memory.
It's been nice, chaps.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

http://www.lfs.net/?page=downloadsarchive" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LFS 0.04Q Released August 2002
One of the first demo versions of LFS
LFSDT4Q.zip http://www.lfs.net/file_archive.php?name=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; 29 MB

LFS 0.1W Released March 2003
A stable version of the 0.1 range
LFS_DT_0_1W.zip http://www.lfs.net/file_archive.php?name=2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; 31 MB

LFS 0.2F Released June 2003
The last test demo version before S1 came out
LFS_DT_0_2F.zip http://www.lfs.net/file_archive.php?name=3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; 47 MB

LFS 0.3H7 Update (Jan. 2011) of version H6, originally released in March 2005
The final version of the S1 era, but now revised to work with the new master server and latest versions of Windows
LFS_S1H7.exe http://www.lfs.net/file_archive.php?name=5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; 90 MB

Non-graphical dedicated host for S1H7
LFS_S1H7_DEDI.zip http://www.lfs.net/file_archive.php?name=6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; 817 KB

Original S1H Demo file.
Because it's a fairly popular file, we have to offer it as a torrent :
LFS_S1H_DEMO.zip http://www.lfs.net/download/torrents/LF ... MO.torrent" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; 44 MB
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Gusto

Post by Gusto »

I'd originally uploaded Beyond the Bridge to youtube, but they took it down for copyr reasons; Glad it's up there for the moment! It was one of the first captures at 1024x768.
DEFFX

Post by DEFFX »

Was just taking a trip down memory lane tonight, checking out the lfs forums, drove a few laps of fern bay on some server using keyboard, dropping in on the arse forum, lots of names from the past in this s1 tribute thread, shame i never had the nerve to enter the league races, makes you feel like dusting of the wheel. I see theres a new patch and the devs are quite active on the forum of late. S3? lol .Best wishes to you all
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Well im still waiting for my net to be activated in my new house, 4 days in and now im hanging for a data connection. But in the mean time i have setup my sim racing room and last night fired up LFS for some quick fun.

Bugger me, ive forgotten how much of a blast LFS is!!!!
I was racing the ai and they put up a good fight pace wise but they are still as dirty as they have ever been which adds to the fun lol.

Think I blew 2 hrs stuffing about in various cars and drifting about. Great fun, looking forward to getting online in the next few days.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
avaran

Post by avaran »

Wow, memory lane! Well, your memories. I think I started racing in 2005. It was such good fun. I'm toying with the idea of running a few laps in LFS. And maybe get back into iRacing. So I decided to visit the ARSE, and I see this. :D

Thanks for posting this stuff. I wonder if I have anything on my old rig. Maybe some MPR stuff. :D
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

Memory lane is getting some traffic! :)

We may need to install a chicane!!! lol
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

I went to the LFS site to see what was happening yesterday. Almost a full year since the last progress update other than 2 posts about a server move. Made me sad.
avaran

Post by avaran »

I ended up having a few races on some AirAttack servers. That was fun, but my pace was off. I must be getting old.

:rofl: at chicaine Scottie.