Half Life 1 Redux

General game chat
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Re: Half Life 1 Redux

Post by durbster »

Got to the noise sensitive claw thing, remembered how hard it was, stopped playing :D

Just kidding, had no time to play recently but I'll get back to it shortly. I had to drop the difficulty from hard after I met the soldiers because it was too bloody hard. I was getting killed every few seconds so it got a bit silly.

Kev, if you're going to play HL2 have a look a the Cinematic Mod. I think it's just higher res textures mostly but it looks lovely on the screenshots. I'm halfway through HL2 as well so was going to give it a go. Most of the screenshots seem to have sexied up all the ladies in the game too so that's no bad thing :)
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

durbster wrote: Kev, if you're going to play HL2 have a look a the Cinematic Mod. I think it's just higher res textures mostly but it looks lovely on the screenshots. I'm halfway through HL2 as well so was going to give it a go. Most of the screenshots seem to have sexied up all the ladies in the game too so that's no bad thing
Cool I'll look out for that as long as it's not complicated to install.

Ah yes I see the girl that helps out with the gravity gun and the robot doggy thing seems to be wearing a pair of hotpants that are 2 sizes too small. That might affect some peoples abilities to focus properly on the job in hand.... so to speak.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Still battling through this.
I'm just at the point where I have to jump in to the alien world.

I'd forgotten how tough the marines were and the reactor generator level where you go miles to turn on water pumps for the reactor and get your arse kicked by those big buggers with the 8 shot 'bee' gun thing. Luckily I have one too so you can hide round corners and shoot stuff without seeing it but they can corner you in gangs!
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

Xen is still in the works for this re-make of HL1. Some time next year apparently.

wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Lighting makes quite the difference.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.