Grand Theft Auto V

General game chat
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Re: Grand Theft Auto V

Post by Righteous »

I'd say that's definitely a potential bottleneck... But, fuck you for that being a problem anyway. :D
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Well technically it will probably still take me longer, as I have to come back in with a HDD from home, and move the files onto that drive, then onto the PC at home. The only real upside is it doesn't come off my data from my home internet.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

You can have Steam installed a drive completely different to where you install GTA V.

All previous games combined still don't come near to the size of GTA V
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Yeah, at home steam is on my SSD, games installed to a mechanical drive. I only installed it here for the download so just pointed everything to the mechanical drive. I'll uninstall it when I get the files home.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

plastik8 wrote:I'd say DVD disc install would be way harder - let's assume 15 minutes per disc, it would take you nearly 2 hours of sitting there, replacing discs.

I'd much rather the 60GB download, assuming it has auto-resume, and won't crap out at 99% forcing you to start again!!

Lol, you can get the disks, .iso them, and then install from your harddrive.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
plastik8

Grand Theft Auto V

Post by plastik8 »

wobblysauce wrote:
plastik8 wrote:I'd say DVD disc install would be way harder - let's assume 15 minutes per disc, it would take you nearly 2 hours of sitting there, replacing discs.

I'd much rather the 60GB download, assuming it has auto-resume, and won't crap out at 99% forcing you to start again!!

Lol, you can get the disks, .iso them, and then install from your harddrive.
That's smart actually, although you still have to be interacting 7 times during the install (not to mention 7 times to rip to ISO). I find that when I do things like that, I get side tracked, and there will be a prompt box for "insert next disc" just sitting there unnoticed for one hour each time... Would take me a whole day to install! I have a terribly short attention sp....
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197971333750]Image[/url]
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Yeah that many DVDs would be painful. Approaching those days of 15+ floppy discs to install a DOS game. At least it didn't take as long to move the 1.44MB off the disc though. I actually don't even have a DVD drive anymore. There was no IDE plug on my new motherboard. Feels a bit if a waste of money to pay for a new DVD drive just for a SATA one when I barely used it anyway.
plastik8

Grand Theft Auto V

Post by plastik8 »

DexterPunk wrote:Yeah that many DVDs would be painful. Approaching those days of 15+ floppy discs to install a DOS game. At least it didn't take as long to move the 1.44MB off the disc though. I actually don't even have a DVD drive anymore. There was no IDE plug on my new motherboard. Feels a bit if a waste of money to pay for a new DVD drive just for a SATA one when I barely used it anyway.
15! Damn.

A new SATA DVD burner is.... $18. How can they manufacture and ship to Australia for that much? Amazing.

I also don't have an optical drive any more.... Since I'm lucky to be on HFC cable, I can download from steam/origin at speed comparable to installing from an optical drive anyway. This is amazing, for someone who didn't have ADSL until 2005.

But, as someone has mentioned earlier... Why don't games start coming on single USB sticks? Surely if you purchased 1 million in bulk, it'd be pretty cheap?
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197971333750]Image[/url]
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Indeed. We always order physical backups of our software at work and it comes on 64gb USB drives. Means I never have to buy USB sticks - as soon as the software gets superseded, I just re-purpose the old drives.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

I .iso pretty much all disks I think that have a possibility of re-install, that is not just a quick DL.. but now that the internet has gotten faster it has lessened.

Eg, OS, and Mobo disk all in one spot put to a USB, fast and painless self installer. Never have to look around for the damm things.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Scottie

Post by Scottie »

Man, I'd love to pre-load it over the next few nights... but I really don't want the extra in-game dosh :(
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Scottie wrote: but I really don't want the extra in-game dosh :(
Compared to what you can earn if you know what you're doing, the $500,000 is nothing.
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

$500K sounds like a lot, it really isn't (recently I bought a $680K car, then shortly afterwards a $750K bike, then straight to LSC for all mods). If you try I'd say you can still make $100K every 48-55mins legitimately.
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

r8response wrote:
Scottie wrote: but I really don't want the extra in-game dosh :(
Compared to what you can earn if you know what you're doing, the $500,000 is nothing.
That was enough for me to cave... lol

:melt:
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

It is fine, you have the balance on screen.. just do not go under 500k.. done.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

Jamo

Post by Jamo »

Anyone know when exactly this unlocks? I'm guessing some time Wednesday?
I drink a great deal, I sleep a little and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two hundred percent form - Sir Winston Churchill
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Jamo wrote:Anyone know when exactly this unlocks? I'm guessing some time Wednesday?
Tomorrow 9am
TIMMY30

Post by TIMMY30 »

Just began Pre Loading now. Was telling myself that I'd wait a few weeks for them to iron out the bugs. But nope. It all just became too much for me haha. Going at about 1mb/s so will be ready around lunch tomorrow. I finish work at 3pm so works out ok.

Do I get the in game dollars they've been advertising or am I too late?. Are the $ in single player or multi player?
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

I've already bought the game 3 times so I decided I will wait until Its on special in steam before I buy. I will be surprised if I keep to this post but hopefully I control myself lol
Hello :aussie:
TIMMY30

Post by TIMMY30 »

I tried man. I tried. But I broke hahaha
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

If I had fast internet I wouldve broken by now for sure but when I'm only gonna be pulling it down at 300kb/s I know there is no point getting excited for a few days lol
TIMMY30

Post by TIMMY30 »

Mines slowed down to under 600kbps. Net gets so shit here in peak times :melt:
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

So there's a shit tone of trucks out in the street with lifts and crap and I can see the coax all down at the moment. Checked the Telstra sight and it's meant to be restored at 18:00 on the 15th. Nice timing ya bastards! Looks like no GTA for me tomorrow night :(
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

the temptation to drive to jb and buy the hardcopy now is seriously bad lol. Ive already played it must control myself