Grand Theft Auto V

General game chat
wabbit

Re: Grand Theft Auto V

Post by wabbit »

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/a_r_5_e

:)

Oh and it didn't take long for PC Online to get mods/hacks (less than 24 hours). I'm fine with mods just not in the general online where people are trying to play the game as intended. When PS3/Xbox 360 went through various hacks it really fucked up the community.

Shaun

Post by Shaun »

i just want that sort of stuff for singleplayer. played the story mode enough on consoles etc
Hello :aussie:
Brett_S

Post by Brett_S »

If I remember correctly I couldn't use ARSE or AR5E without the spaces between the letters when I set up the crew...

Only had time to play through the first single player mission and a quick go of online... had two crashes so far, and when I swapped crews I lost my character but the next time I logged in it was there..
This is the way the world works, if you want want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the d**ks first - Eric Cartman
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

I've had a couple of crashes in story mode. First one needed a system restart. Second one everything slowed to about 3fps. Was kind of lucky the second time, I lost track of time and was well past my bed time.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

DexterPunk wrote:I lost track of time and was well past my bed time.
Last time i looked at the clock last night it was 11:30, then next thing i knew it was 1:30am.

Dam GTA addiction.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

may or may not be currently installing this now :D
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

KNAPPO wrote:
DexterPunk wrote:I lost track of time and was well past my bed time.
Last time i looked at the clock last night it was 11:30, then next thing i knew it was 1:30am.

Dam GTA addiction.

Haha doesn't surprise me. They have always had excellent atmospheric environments, and the voice acting and story is always top notch. Loving it so far... annoying that it's after 6 and still stuck here at work. won't get much GTA-ing in tonight.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Trevor is an angry angry man
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

"Thank you very much"
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Finally got a chance to hit my local JB, picked up the last copy they had in stock, now for a few hours of DVD install. :D
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Shonky wrote:Finally got a chance to hit my local JB, picked up the last copy they had in stock, now for a few hours of DVD install. :D
And then a further 6 or so GB in updates and stuff that didn't fit on the 7 dvds
TIMMY30

Post by TIMMY30 »

Steam just had a further 210mb update. Not sure what it did lol
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Awww cmon "Shonky" contains profanity, reserved words or other disallowed terms? It'll take me an hour to decide on a new nickname!
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Played first few bits today. Feels so good using kb and mouse after console shit lol
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

TIMMY30 wrote:Steam just had a further 210mb update. Not sure what it did lol
  • Fixed an issue where the GTAV Launcher would use an abnormally high percentage of CPU and sometimes crash
  • Fixed an issue where frame rate would drop when left-clicking the mouse while driving
  • Added a grid to the Golf mini-game to show the topology of the green while putting
  • Fixed an issue where a character’s eyebrows or other facial features could change erroneously when transferred to PC
  • Fixed an issue where a some players were asked to transfer their GTA Online character while a transfer was already in progress
  • YouTube uploads via the Rockstar Editor will now correctly resume if Internet connection is lost during the upload and later restored
  • Fixed a rare issue where the game could crash while using the Rockstar Editor
  • Projects containing deleted clips will now load properly in the Rockstar Editor and warn the player of the missing clips
  • Fixed an issue where birds were not recorded correctly in Rockstar Editor clips
  • Corrected an issue where certain characters in Windows usernames would cause the Launcher to fail to load or other undesired game behavior. For details, see this page.
  • Fixed an issue where players with one garage would not be able to replace an existing vehicle if the garage was full and the new vehicle was purchased from an in-game website
  • Additional fixes to prepare for iFruit support
  • Crew Tire Smoke can no longer be purchased if you are not in a Crew
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

SocialClub may have been "hacked". Best to change your passwords :)
Over 2,400 Rockstar Social Club accounts have been hacked into. Players are getting locked out of their games on PC thanks to the DRM R* implemented and losing their GTA Online characters. Rockstar haven't spoken out about this issue yet but the support site has been cluttered with reports of hacked accounts.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

So I have finished story mode (wanted to do that before heading online). Just joined the AR5E crew. Now what happens? Loving this game.
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

Go online and start leveling up :)
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

Dex your training wheels are off, jump into Online like Mik said and you'll end up playing a totally different game.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Yeah I've got to Lvl 6 I believe. I feel like I need mates online to get the most of out it.
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Just wondering guys, is it possible to play this in my simrig for driving with the g27, but then use an xbox 360 gamepad for everything else in the game?
Bails MacKenzie

Post by Bails MacKenzie »

Enforcer-J wrote:Just wondering guys, is it possible to play this in my simrig for driving with the g27, but then use an xbox 360 gamepad for everything else in the game?
Yeah, the shithouse console wheels are supported but a simrig set-up will need an emulator or another program to run it, but it's possible.
I'm pretty confident that you can run two controllers, I use an Xbox 360 for driving and keyboard/mouse for shooting.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Bails MacKenzie wrote:I'm pretty confident that you can run two controllers, I use an Xbox 360 for driving and keyboard/mouse for shooting.

This is how ive played it. I cant shoot with a game pad to save my life. Mouse = headshots all the way!
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

My 10 year old son wants to get this game..

What do you think? Is it suitable? Can you play it in some "kid" mode without the drug running etc?
eek
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

I would say no, still heaps of swearing and killing in freeroam. I'd wait until he's 13 unless he's a sensible kid, but some of the story stuff is pretty hard hitting.