Day Z

General game chat
Quincy

Re: Day Z

Post by Quincy »

Well that didn't end well for me last night. I reached the NW airfield, loot galore, heaps of zed's, my axe was getting lots of blood in it. . . no other survivors so I pushed through to the far corners of the field. I needed an epi pen, my left leg was very painful, I was sure of finding one in the jail cells. . . BAM, hit from behind by a zed, dead on impact. :fall: These zeds are tough! Back to the coast for me.

Found this following clip amusing, thought I'd share with those interested:

[youtube] [/youtube]
balls & boobs. . .
Durrie

Post by Durrie »

Spent some time with my new spawn last night. The server only had about 12 people on it, but I spawned in Svetlojarsk and having never been there before, thought I'd take the tour without having to worry too much about players.

By the time I had also been through the new town north of NEAF, I had a bunch of kit, a bouble barrelled shotty, and a 9mm pistol with ammo, but, as it dawned on me later, no mags :(. I'm used to using the .357 so the need for mags never raised itself as an issue before.

All this exploration took a little while, during which it seemed that everyone else had left the server...so I thought before logging out, I'd check out the NEAF for some mosin ammo.

Suddenly, a "new spawn" and his mate armed with an M4 are in my face. I just know I should have blown the "new spawn" away on first sight but I didn't (especially as it would be a bit hard to be a real new spawn at NEAF). Fire-fight ensued, but panicked fire from my double barrel against a whole mag from the M4 guy left me wounded. The new spawn was beating on me while I tried to reload the shotty so I took off to the Control tower to get a break while I pulled out the 9mm....click, click! WTF...no mags. Got shot again and down I went. I was unconscious, so they stripped me of gear. On coming around I managed to get a few decent punches in on the "new spawn", who was now wearing my gear, making him bleed a bunch before the M4 guy finished me off.

I though it was funny that these two appeared on the sever right where I was, the only person in the entire 225 square kms.

I must remember to kill everyone and everything I see when I see it. It's the only safe thing to do.
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

That happened to me (2 respawns right next to you). . . I figure it must be some admin hack, as the server was called "Brads Hell House" or something similar. . . I'm guessing your server was a one of a kind?

See you on the coast.;)
balls & boobs. . .
Durrie

Post by Durrie »

It was on a server where,a few weeks ago, I saw "Ned Kelly signature time out" in the chat line. :)
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

lol, yeah that was me. I was having a shit of a time with lag that night, I noticed you in the friends list, so I thought I'd give it one more try. . . no luck!

I got myself a scalp last night! I was looting the 4 storey building (I think it's a school?? With the hallways, normally good for ammo and weapons, oh and cowboy hats!!), anyways, I was on the staircase and I heard the familiar re-load sound of a re-spawning player, very close by. I pulled out my double barreled Blazer, crouched down and waited. . . Moments later, he exited the hallway on my level and scooted up to the next level. He didn't see me, so I followed him up. He was wearing a clown mask, no weapon drawn, I wasn't going to wait to find out if he was friendly, or armed. Can't take a chance with clown masks!
I unleashed a barrel, dropped him as he came back towards me from the end of the hall. He didn't have much. . . I felt bad, maybe I could have talked to him. Nah. :p
balls & boobs. . .
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

Haha love this game, but never played it!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Steve
---
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Is there anything you can do about shitty frame rate drops? Seems worse indoors and I get massive lag sometimes from my frame rate dropping to 40-50 even at the lowest detail. I get 50-200 outdoors depending on where I'm looking so I'm guessing it has no occlusion culling.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

I like that "The zeds"...

This has a new depth of meaning, now:
"Zed's dead baby, zed's dead" :)
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

Darren, I recall reading somewhere, buildings are an issue at this point of development. Something to do with unseen things being rendered, which shouldn't be. . . So there could possibly be no fix for you at the moment.
However, i've not followed up on this info.
balls & boobs. . .
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Quincy wrote:Darren, I recall reading somewhere, buildings are an issue at this point of development. Something to do with unseen things being rendered, which shouldn't be. . . So there could possibly be no fix for you at the moment.
However, i've not followed up on this info.

If you open your players config file you can reduce the amount of items rendered. It's some stupidly high number at the moment.

http://dayzintel.com/dayz-standalone/da ... ance-guide" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Thanks. I'll see how I go.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Back from holidays, I'll be back into this soon.
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

The tent compounds at the west end of the NW airfield are spawning military loot again. . . Oh, it's a dangerous place to be!! :nod: but, the rewards are worth it!

Unfortunately, I didn't make it out alive last night. :(
balls & boobs. . .
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

i'm on tonight. . . South west of Svetlojarsk, small town called Olsha. Moving towards airfield. . . Ned Kelly.

*edit* looks like i've been reset from last nights patch. . . Just entering Svetlojarsk now, as a fresh spawn. :)
balls & boobs. . .
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

Quincy wrote:i'm on tonight. . . South west of Svetlojarsk, small town called Olsha. Moving towards airfield. . . Ned Kelly.

*edit* looks like i've been reset from last nights patch. . . Just entering Svetlojarsk now, as a fresh spawn. :)
*edit 2* dead. now closer to Electro....
balls & boobs. . .
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Had a fun stint with a group yesterday but seems like 1 hour fun for every 3 hours walking and 10 server dropouts and a fuckton of bugs. Think I'll shelve it and wait for H1Z1 which looks pretty damn awesome.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Climbed the control tower at the NE airport. Nothing to find and decided to take the ladder to the ground.

Character starts to mount ladder, then does a 180 and launches himself off the building.

There goes an M4, Compass, large bag, ammo, food etc. Bugs!
Durrie

Post by Durrie »

I feel your pain r8. I just walked off a roof when I tried to climb the ladder down. No more rooves for me. At least I still hadn't found a mag for the three pistols I'd been carrying around trying to get one operational.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Last edited by Durrie on Tue May 13, 2014 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Quincy

Post by Quincy »

My style of play has resorted back to the hidden weapon,(currently a sawn-off shottie tucked inside my backpack)no melee weapon, fresh looking spawn, running up and down the coast on full servers. I love the reactions from spawns when you stop to chat, then pull out your weapon and scare the crap out of them!!

I had a guy come from around a building with his pistol out, telling me to "get down, sit down" (yelling,lol). . . I was going to do what he asked, but, by mistake I pressed 3 instead of F3, which drew my magnum, so I started shooting as he freaked out and started running in circles around me, obviously no ammo for his pistol, my first 6 missed as I fired them off pretty quickly, I reloaded, calmed myself, took aim (as he was chopping pieces of my body off with his axe), and pumped a few rounds in him. Bitch went down screaming!
However, my life ended soon after, as I ran to the loft for some much needed medical attention to my wounds, the magnum attracted close attention and a shot to my head from a bandit who waited for me to appear from my hiding place.
My adrenalin was pumping after that encounter!!
balls & boobs. . .
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

Is this the Arma 2 mod that you're all playing or the pre-release stand-alone version on Steam? I tried the mod out many moons ago but was put off by being randomly transported to rooftops for slaughter. Have those issues been addressed?
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
Durrie

Post by Durrie »

Yes, Cursed, its the early access alpha of the stand alone DayZ game.

My expereince of it has been that the amount of hacking in the stand alone is considerably reduced from the ARMA 2 Mod, and is a much less griefing type of it anyway (mostly unlimited ammo hacks, a bit of teleporting and some admin type hacks that let people know where you are).

As the game is still early stage, the developers are plugging holes as they go.
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

Anyone still messing with this?

I am. :aussie:

Can't seem to stay away. . . I did enjoy reading "choose your own adventure" books when I was young (the ones where too continue the story, you choose between page X or page Y), I guess this is my childhood adventurer respawning, 30 years later! :nod:

Just wish I had friends that play it. . . :(
balls & boobs. . .
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

I have it. But its just a bit buggy for me ATM. I heard its changing graphics engines :/

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

It got old pretty quickly for me. Too much walking, not enough PvE, too many issues.

An update should be going to stable on Wednesday so I'll try again if that comes out.

I think H1Z1 will get to a compelling state first. The forest also looks interesting but it sounds pretty buggy atm so I plan to wait until after early access for that one, or until they get oculus rift support in.

[youtube] [/youtube]