Day Z

General game chat
Quincy

Re: Day Z

Post by Quincy »

Awesome Dex!

I was getting ready to log off last night, akm, 2 drums, 4 clips, heaps of bandages, things were looking good, then BAM, BAM, invisible zed attacks!!! Before I realized what was happening, arm broken, bleeding heavily, I ran. I ran, I ran. Stop. BAM, BAM, invisible zed still following me! Noooooo...... ducked into a dorm building, open fire down the corridor hoping to hit zed. .. . . .. . . ... . . . BAM BAM, fuck no.... zed not dead! Ran into a garage, tried rambo style firing from side to side.... .. ... .. BAM BAM, your unconscious.... .. . . . . .. .your dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

I was planning to meet the fellas tonight, kitted and ready to hit Balota. Not anymore. Fresh spawn for me!

I will be on tonight Dex, give me a shout if your about.
balls & boobs. . .
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

DexterPunk wrote:Fired up DayZ yesterday to see how it ran on the new system. Seems I lost my guy. Lots of good kit lost. Oh well, looks good and runs brilliant with everything maxed out

I wouldn't worry too much about the loss of gear at this point.

When (if) 0.49 hits (next week possibly) they'll be doing a database wipe. Everyone will be starting over again. This "should" coincide with fixes to the duping exploits.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Yeah I'm not really bothered. Half the fun is getting yourself some new gear.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Thought I'd check out the new towns in the north, so headed in that direction for about an hour, dipping into the small towns to get food etc. Tried gathering wood and stone but the axe and pickaxe didn't give any items. Was almost at the town when I got run down and killed by someone with a speed hack. Yay fun.
Durrie

Post by Durrie »

DarrenM wrote:...Tried gathering wood and stone but the axe and pickaxe didn't give any items. ...
I saw "chop firewood" captioned at certain trees when I had the axe in my hands...I didn't chop any, but is that what you did...and still didn't get any firewood?
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Yeah, same with the stone. When I aimed at a big rock with the pick it said 'Mine stone' but I didn't get anything from it. I just held lmb down until it stopped swinging and repeated a couple times before I gave up. Maybe that's not how you do it.
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

I have a similar issue, chop chop chop, nothing, yet one of my fellow bandits, has no problem cutting for sticks etc....

:faint:
balls & boobs. . .
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Takes a few chops. When the tree falls, open your inventory and walk around slowly.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

[youtube] [/youtube]
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

lol sweeeeeeet! :yes:
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Word is going around that today is .49 (persistent loot and database wipe)

I'll wait until the devs actually say yay or nay
Durrie

Post by Durrie »

Now my guy just dies of hypothermia - eventually.

Was fun until then.

I wait expectantly for the next update.
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

I came close to hypothermia, luckily I had the equipment to build a raging fire!

I like the weather effects, something else to think about.

I'm going fishin tonight, hook, worm, rod, just need to find some water!
balls & boobs. . .
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

https://store.bistudio.com/minidayz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Experience the zombie-infested Chernarus from an entirely new perspective, Welcome to MINIDAYZ!

Based on DayZ SA, the critically acclaimed open-world survival horror MMO by Bohemia Interactive, MINIDAYZ is a 2D top-down singleplayer game, where you must fight for survival in a harsh post-apocalyptic landscape. Search for the food and supplies needed to stay alive, keep clear of the ever-lurking zombies, and always be vigilant of the other desperate survivors.

This is your story, this is MINIDAYZ.
Apparently it was initially made by a fan and Bohemia licensed it.

r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Loads to about 40% and stops for me :(
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

Anyone still kicking with this?

I just clocked 600 hours. Whaaat!??
balls & boobs. . .
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

What. And no stories for us!!??
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

Once upon a time, there was a lone survivor who stumbled across a truck with a full tank of fuel. For shits and giggles, he drove around the airbase, looking for a way in, so he could do laps of the air-strip. . . A gate was spotted, he jumped out of the truck, which was not completely stopped and promptly ran over himself.
The end.
balls & boobs. . .
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

haha, that's great!
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Lmao
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

I haven't jumped on in ages. My mates and I have been playing mostly Heroes and Generals and War Thunder lately. But we usually keep an eye on the progress. Periodically we jump in and try and find each other for a bit.
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Post by kwijibo »

Spent many days/hours trying to meet up with a mate. We finally found each other, and then he walked off a cliff and died. Haven't played since.
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

Still kicking along nicely with this. . . Been doing a lot of stream watching over at twitch... Jam jar and Anthony Kong-phan are my favourites to watch.

Lots of action at the NWAF this patch, which I enjoy, sitting back in the treeline, binoculars.... watching, waiting. . .

Will be playing a fair bit during this school holidays, night time. . . wife and kids are visiting family and friends, i'm staying home (working, zzzzz) but nights are mine!!! ALL MINE!!!!! Mohaaarrrrrraaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhrrrreeaaaaaaaahhhh!!!

and, so last night, I was spying on two armed guys in the bunkers at NWAF tents, I was a fair distance out, they were too welled covered for a snipe, it was late, I was tired, so I YOLO'ed them with my magnum.... Pretty much had no chance, but I thought it would be awesome if I was able to sneak up and pop a cap in their arses... anyway, I got about 20 mtrs from the entrance to the bunker, rat-a-tat-a-tat-a-tat-a-tat-a-tat......they mowed me down.

YOU ARE DEAD!.
balls & boobs. . .
Durrie

Post by Durrie »

Quincy wrote:Lots of action at the NWAF this patch, which I enjoy, sitting back in the treeline, binoculars.... watching, waiting. . .
I like to watch the watchers....mwahahahah.
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

Sooo, I've progressed from the written form, to the visual....

balls & boobs. . .