Next Car Game: Wreckfest

General game chat
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Re: Next Car Game: Wreckfest

Post by wobblysauce »

Works well, career is with the new cars.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

New content, plenty of fixes and more than a few improvements to the core gameplay experience, this January update might have come a couple of days later than planned, but it seems like it was more than worth the wait....

January Update Highlights (2nd Feb):
EXPANDED CAREER

Three completely new championships with more series, more races and more crashes! That, and a host of important usability enhancements based on the feedback we’ve received, such as the ability to see the series restrictions, expanded vehicle classification, improved scoring and more. Scoring, unlocks and experience accumulation are still being worked on, so any feedback you care to share with us in regards to these elements would be super.

FOUR NEW CARS
This time nomen est omen for real since we’re pleased to introduce you true tools of destruction: Bulldog, Hotshot, Speedemon and Warwagon. This newest set has something for everyone – a heavy-hitting demolition derby inspired American station wagon, another American with classic sleek lines straight from the 60s, a more exotic 80s sports car, and finally, a bad-to-the-bone Scandinavian folk-racing style 60s rod. Check them all out!

MORE CUSTOMIZATION PARTS
Every car now has a number of Front Bumper, Rear Bumper, Window Bar, Side Protector and Roll Cage customization parts that you can use to deck out your ride in a proper demolition racing style, and not only that: customization parts now have a weight and protection properties, so for an instance, a heavy demolition derby style front bumper will make the car withstand more damage to the business end but also make it slower due to the added weight. Rock!

NEW ENGINE UPGRADES
This too is something that we’ve gotten a plenty of requests for: all cars now also have a number of class-based engine upgrades that can be used to increase or decrease the class of the vehicle, so from now there’s nothing stopping you from taking that awesome Class C front-wheel-drive Firefly to Class A events! (Don’t forget to put on some serious metal as well, though, otherwise you won’t last long.)

NEW ROUTES AND IMPROVED TRACK ART
Tarmac 3 now has a reverse layout, and both Sandpit 1 and Tarmac 3 have new shorter routes complete with reverse layouts. In addition to that we’ve added a new wicked suicide racing style Speedway 2 route with tight loops at both ends and a high-speed oval section that’s going to guarantee spectacular head-on crashes! We’ve also replaced many of the old legacy assets around the tracks with shiny new ones (yes, including that pesky fire truck), yielding a welcomed visual improvement.

NEW AND IMPROVED EFFECTS
We’ve enhanced old effects and added a number of completely new ones related to mechanical damage, and for example driving without a wheel will now cause sparks to fly off from the hub. There are also a bunch of brand new audio effects to add to immersion.

REALISTIC DAMAGE SETTING
There’s now a setting in the custom race event options to choose between Normal and Realistic Damage, Normal being the same as in the previous build while Realistic offers more visceral gameplay with intensified visual damage and increased mechanical damage gameplay effects.

EXPANDED TUNING
The tuning feature has been expanded based on your feedback, and instead of just three, most parts now have five setups to choose from, allowing for more in-depth tuning of your ride for specific tracks.

That’s it for the main stuff – in addition, this update contains a number of other improvements and bug fixes, like for example it’s no longer possible to pick up more speed by wall riding. We also isolated at least one case which caused server instability and addressed that, but we’ll of course keep on monitoring the situation. In case you’re interested in tidbits the full changelog can be found below.

CONTENT
Added four new vehicles: Bulldog, Hotshot, Speedemon, Warwagon.
Added Front Bumper, Rear Bumper, Window Bar, Side Protector and Roll Cage customization parts 1–4 for all vehicles.
Added a new Sandpit 1 short route + reverse layout for it.
Added a Tarmac 3 reverse layout, a new Tarmac 3 short route + reverse layout for it.
Added a new Speedway 2 suicide style route, Outer Oval Loop.

CAREER
Added three new championships.
Series restrictions are now shown in the series selection screen.
Vehicles are now classified also by their body style and size.
Added length and surface info for tracks, displayed in various locations throughout the user interface.
Bonus objectives are now tracked correctly during multi-heat events (the player has all heats to meet the targets).
Player finishing position is now displayed correctly in the results screen of multi-heat events even if player gets eliminated before the final heat.
Player now receives more experience and credits from multi-heat events.
Added congratulatory screens for championship and series completion.
Main Menu > Misc now has a Reset Career button that can be used to reset the career progress in case you’re experiencing issues or just want to start afresh. Please note that resetting the career will remove all your vehicles, credits and experience so absolutely NO FIDDLING AROUND WITH THE BUTTON.

ART
Replaced the parked cars littered around tracks with final ones.
On many tracks, replaced grey proxy building with final ones.
Replaced some legacy assets such as billboards with new ones.
Generally improved Tarmac 3 environment art.
Overhauled Speedway 2 pit area.
Added new effects for mechanical damage such as sparks.
Generally improved particle effects.
Improved skid marks.

DESIGN/PHYSICS
Customization parts now have a weight and protection properties.
Added a setting to choose between Normal and Realistic Damage in the custom event options, single player only for now.
Vehicles now have a set of class-based engine upgrades that can be used to increase or decrease the class of the vehicle.
Expanded Tuning, instead of three possible choices most parts now have five settings to choose from, extending the tuning range.
Improved gamepad vibration effect to give more detail, for example sliding will now cause slight vibration of the controller.
It’s no longer possible to maintain or even pick up speed by wall riding (i.e. grinding against the wall with the car).
Improved collision detection to reduce the tendency of the cars clipping with each other in heavy collisions.
AI is now easier when using Novice AI difficulty.
Player (and AI) can now take loops like found in the Crash Canyon the either way.
Improved checkpoints on a number of tracks to prevent cheating.
In-game, pulling a PIT maneuver (i.e. spinning the car by pushing it from the rear) is now a score event.
Added a more refined (work-in-progress) Pause Menu with race standings.
Added a new (work-in-progress) Loading Screen with info about the track.
Improved Reset Position detection when resetting car.
There is now a lawn mower only AI Set available in Custom Race event options.
Tuning menu is no longer shown for the lawn mower.

TECHNICAL
MP: Fixed a case in which player quitting caused a crash.
MP: Increased client timeout from 30 to 45 secs to prevent slow clients from dropping out on track change.
MP: Deathmatch no longer defaults to 0 min duration after changing track in the multiplayer lobby.
MP: Random lawn mower guys no longer appear in the lobby when adding a bot.
Garage no longer disappears when returning to the garage after Team Deathmatch.
Automatic backup camera is now disabled by default (can be re-enabled in the Settings menu).
Fixed incorrect tab titles in lobby.

AUDIO
Added effect audio for various mechanical damage states.

NOTES FOR CONTENT CREATORS
Any vehicle mods need to be updated with new deform and tire damage bag files for the new realistic damage setting. The files that you need are:
deform/settings_normal.vsbd
deform/settings_real.vsbd
deform/tire_damage_normal.vstd
deform/tire_damage_real.vstd
To get you going right away you can simply copy the old file to the new file names.
January Update Hotfix (Feb 3rd):
A critical hotfix for January Update is now out, addressing some of the misfires with the update:
MP: Unresponsive zombie clients now get disconnected properly.
Having the example vehicle mod enabled will no longer cause the game to crash at launch.
Installing the “None” front bumper on Nexus will no longer cause the game to crash.
Fixed a number of visual glitches related to customization parts.
Decreased strength of most front and rear bumbers.
Increased mechanical damage on normal damage setting.
Added track info for Tarmac 3 Short Route Reverse.
Career: Demolition Derby series are now shorter and single heat only.
bgeometry.exe and bimage.exe are now included in the tools folder.

KNOWN ISSUES:
MP: Spectating will occassionally crash the game, please avoid until a fix is out.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Maxed out all armour, and it hasn't slowed me down even with the hard Ai.

Though without it I have had experiences that have gone from 100 hp to DQ in 1 corner.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

January Update - Hotfix 2 Details
MP: Server browser no longer crashes in certain cases.
MP: Spectate mode no longer crashes on certain tracks.
MP: Ban list size is now 1024 entries.
Career: Championships 3–5 no longer require 100% completion of the previous championship to unlock.
Boomer Rear Bumper 1 no longer yields extra horsepower.
Lap counter now works correctly on modded tracks.
Example track no longer crashes the game.
Dukester

norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

This game really is worth a look.

Box, Slow and I gave it a go on Sunday and laughed our balls off.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

The new Wreckfest update has landed, and as promised contains new content and plenty of enhancements to a rapidly improving game...

The latest update is a fairly sizeable one thanks to a good mix of content and improvements, adding a couple of new cars into the mix alongside something of a considerable reworking of the career mode and plenty of nice new bits and pieces added to some of the tracks within the game... such as ramps! Yes you heard it right, a game that encourages crashing and has a detailed damage model, now inclusive of ramps. Seriously, how fun is that!

March 2018 Update Notes:
Content

Added two new spanking rides, MudDigger and Rocket.
Added a number of new banger racing and demolition derby inspired paint jobs (more coming).

Career
Reworked championships 1–2 to offer more variety and reduce grinding.
Added support for challenge events (for now, only one is available for playing in the first championship but more will be added).
Added reward pool functionality to ensure player always received parts that are a) suitable for a vehicle they own and b) not already owned c) appropriate for the current series.
It’s now possible to view the bonus objectives in the pause menu, and making progress towards the target or completing it results in an on-screen notification.
In multi-heat events, the player start position is now randomized to the second (latter) half of the grid.
In multi-heat events, the start order in the Semi-Final and Final is now based on the finishing position of the qualifying heats.
Round placement history is now viewable in the series standings view.
Finishing position is now correctly taken into an account in the career rewards calculation.
Player final standing is now correct in the series completion screen.
Added support for reward-only vehicles that cannot be purchased from the car dealer.
Added AI players using cars upgraded to the next class, for example Class C > Class B.

Art
Added more dynamic objects to a number of tracks (Tarmac 1, Tarmac 2, Tarmac 3, Mixed 3, Mixed 7, Sandpit 1, Sandpit 2, Sandpit 3, Gravel 1, Mixed 1, Mixed 2, Mixed 4, Mixed 5).
Added ramps and dynamic objects to Speedway 2 Demolition Arena to make the gameplay more interesting, confined the arena to the middle area.
Fixed a number of minor and major bugs and glitches on many tracks (including proxy objects, clipping objects, terrain tears, missing collisions, etc.)
Improved environment art and added more dynamic objects to Speedway 2.
Improved environment art, added new assets and dynamic objects to Tarmac 3.
Tarmac 2, added new background buildings and replaced old proxy objects.
Big Stadium, fixed multiplayer car change location + general improvements.
Added damage model for the dynamic barrel prop.
Overhauled Garage, Market, Assembly, Customization, Tune and Paint views.
Overhauled Career Series Selection and Next Race screens.
Overhauled Custom Event views.

Design / Physics
Visual damage is now more dynamic and gives a better impression of sheet metal being deformed.
Collisions between light and heavy vehicles are now better balanced, with light vehicles not appearing as feather-weight in collisions.
Decreased the sector protection effect of the visual customization parts and/or increased the weight of selected parts.
Removed the effect of vehicle body panels absorbing damage, so all damage goes directly to the chassis health.
Tweaked gameplay damage for Normal and Realistic Damage to match the visual damage more closely.
Dynamic objects now have slightly more mass to them.
In Custom Race, the player start position is now randomized to the second (latter) half of the grid.
In Garage, body style and size vehicle properties have been replaced with a single type property.
Novice AI is now more challenging with less obvious rubberbanding, and the jump between the Amateur and Expert difficulty is not as significant as previously.
AI players now exhibit a reduced tendency to avoid the player car.
Added a placeholder Credits item to the Main Menu Misc section.

Technical
MP: Added support for Normal/Realistic Damage in multiplayer, available in the lobby and the server settings.
MP: Fixed two separate instances of a server crash related to situations in which the player leaves the server.
MP: Player stats overlay is now disabled while spectating.
Adding heavy customization parts no longer results in the vehicle acceleration stat being reduced to 0.0.
Improved AI throttle and brake use after severe engine/brake damage when damage is set to Realistic, so that AI no longer gets stalled.
In a Custom Event, AI now correctly uses lawnmowers when the lawnmower AI Set is selected.
Increased the amount of mesh particles (the shrapnel-y bits and pieces) emitted in collisions.
Mesh particles now use custom vehicle color, matching the car color they’re emitted from.
Engine block no longer gets unrealistically deformed with visual damage.
Added leaderboards for the few tracks that were previously missing them.
Integrated backtrace.io for automatic crash reporting.

Audio
Added in-game spectator audio, crowd cheering etc.
Updated Tristar engine audio with a new one.
Tire wobble effect audio now plays only when there is visible tire wobbling.
Fixed a number of minor audio issues.
Dukester

Bails MacKenzie

Post by Bails MacKenzie »

First game I bought that wasn't on sale, great fun, feels like the old destruction derby games.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Yeah I paid $50 USD and I don’t even care. This is hilarious playing MP with a mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Next Car Game: Wreckfest

Post by DexterPunk »

Any plans on a ARSE server of sorts? There’s a server app that you can get from the steam workshop which a friend and I were using last night. Worked fantastic. I had absolutely no lag. The NetCode is impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
norbs

Post by norbs »

We are looking into it Dex. We play on Sunday arvos.

Will look into the server app. I would really like to run it on the AWS box.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

This game has FNF written all over it.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Cutter
Legend in his own lunchtime
Legend in his own lunchtime

Post by Cutter »

Loving it so far, still in the Rookie league.
Cutter ~ Carl Rickard

wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

lv42, Governor Reckless.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Having deployed the latest major build release earlier this month, Bugbear have been quick out of the blocks in addressing some of the unintended consequences of the most recent release with a reasonably sizeable hotfix patch - as well as a couple more much smaller ones - over the last day or so.

FIXED
Fixed missing Gatecrasher LOD2 model.
Fixed player unable to reset in Deatchmatch after respawning.
Fixed a case in which cars could occasionally receive visual damage on the starting grid after restarting.
Bogus “You have already completed this series and you have another series in progress.” message is no longer displayed when attempting to continue a series in progress.
Disabled mouse axis input as a controller to prevent users with specific hardware from being unable to remap keyboard controls.
In pre-race, pressing ESC while being on any of the other tabs than the first now takes back to the first tab.
BullDog upgrade parts received as rewards now use the correct car name instead of European 11.
Lawnmower is now correctly received after beating the lawnmower challenge.
MudDigger and Rocket no longer have duplicate “None” customization parts.

NEW AND ADJUSTED
Added more banger racing and demolition derby liveries for select vehicles.
Added a new giant can prop to various tracks.
Improved environment art for various tracks.
Improved various effects.
Novice AI now makes more mistakes and is slightly slower.
Amateur AI now makes slightly more mistakes and is slightly slower.
In derby game modes, the AI now favors the player slightly more.
Adjusted collision matrix to prevent the cars from rolling over at too slow impact speeds.
Gameplay damage: car vs. car crashes now cause more gameplay damage.
Hitting other cars now causes significantly more damage to the victim, less to the attacker.
Armor sector representation in the HUD matches visual damage better.
A car about to get wrecked can no longer be wrecked by a light nudge.
Environment now causes even less gameplay damage.
Mechanical damage occurs more logically when compared to the car health.
Engine and transmission mechanical damage is reduced to make sure the player can still keep going.
Improved lawnmower gameplay.
MP: Added chat back to respawn state and spectate view.
Improved player stats visuals at the top right corner of the screen.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Bugbear Entertainment have deployed the third update this month to Wreckfest, adding loads of new features to what is an increasingly impressive racing game. The development studio behind Wreckfest haven't spent time resting of their laurels back in Finland, instead development continues at a considerable pace as can be evidenced by this impressively sized new build update, adding not only a wave of fixes and improvements but even going so far as to include many improvements around the game weather system, various AI improvements and career updates to name but a few...

CONTENT
New weather system with environment specific weathers and expanded variation: unique Sunrise, Noon, Afternoon and Sunset TODs for each event.
Increased skybox quality.
Added a set of new visual customization parts like spoilers, hoods, grilles and fenders for a number of cars.
Added textured wheel upgrades for all cars.
Added new banger/derby style liveries for both player and AI controlled cars.
Added Demolition Derby and Banger Racing AI Sets for Custom Events.
Fixed RoadSlayer missing audio in cockpit, bumper and hood cameras.
Fixed Rocket AI car assembly so that it now appears correctly in events.
Roadcutter window bar upgrades are now named correctly.
Killerbee roll cages are now named correctly.
Improved environment art and fixed bugs on various tracks.

GAMEPLAY
AI cars now automatically use a matching banger/derby or racing style livery in appropriate game modes and career events.
AI cars now slide around somewhat more.
AI cars are now more aggressive towards each other and the player (work-in-progress).
Derby AI now favors the center more to prevent them from packing to the sides.
Tweaked collision matrix lightly to make crashes feel more rewarding.
Demolition Derby events now yield more credits as a reward.
In Last Man Standing, the contact timer is now 30 seconds (shown when 15 seconds left) to prevent sandbagging.
Improved lawnmower physics to improve the gameplay.
Ragdoll is now ejected correctly when crashing to the static environment hard enough.
It’s now easier to roll over an opponent by hitting the AI piloted lawnmower to the side.
Wrecking an AI lawnmower and ejecting the pilot now works as designed when hitting the AI with higher momentum.
Takedowns now register correctly even if the victim hits a static object right after being wrecked, or in the case of lawnmowers, the ground.
Improved damage tracker for more consistent gameplay damage and prevent from being penalized from the same hit many times depending on the duration of the collision; in practice this means that for example being pushed sideways by other cars no longer results in massive damage and death. With Normal Damage, minor scuffing no longer causes any gameplay damage (the body panels will still visually get light damage though), while major hits cause significant one-time damage with hitter receiving less damage (but still some); with Realistic Damage, both visual and gameplay damage is increased, mechanical damage kicks in earlier and hitter has no artificial advantage whatsoever (note that hitter will still have a natural advantage in case of a higher mass and speed).
Tweaked front-wheel-drive cars to be less overpowering, now more or less match the lap times of RWD cars with similar performance points.

CAREER
The career starting car is now Rocket.
Embarking on a new series while another one is in progress (not completed) now resets the progress of the in-progress series instead of marking it as completed.
Rival challenge is now kept active through the whole event instead of ending with the first successful bump.
Realistic Damage is now available in the career in the new Options tab in the Next Race screen, yielding an experience bonus.
Rammer RS can now be only obtained as a reward from the career event “Ramming it Down”.
In multi-heat demolition derby events, player is now disqualified properly according to the series rules.

USER INTERFACE
Implemented new Post-Race, Loading and Server Browser screens.
Quitting an event now takes the player to the results screen so that replay is available even when quitting.
In Settings/Advanced menu, Sensitivity and Speed Sensitivity help texts are no longer reversed.

TECHNICAL
MP: Fixed a fatal crash related to the effect system.
In Custom Event, AI Set now gets correctly reset after clearing user data.
A prospective fix for the car getting rocketed to sky after crossing the finish line.
A prospective fix for the car glitching when changing parts or adjusting tuning setup.
Various other bug fixes.

LOCALIZATION
Updated new and changed strings.

KNOWN ISSUES
New weather system is not yet supported by the career.

The weather system now uses an event specific weather list configured in the event’s evse bag data file so you can different weathers available for each event.
Any custom content modifying gameplay damage are thrown out of whack due to the new damage tracker.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Bugbear Entertainment and Nordic Games have released another major update to the awesome Wreckfest destruction derby style racing game on PC.

Crammed full of improvements and new content, the April update and subsequent hotfix releases have made yet another stride towards bringing this game to a long awaited full version 1 release state, drawing a console release ever closer in the coming months.

Highlights of the new update include some awesome free content in the form of the new track layouts, much improved adjustability options, extra parts and addons for some of the cars and a range of smaller, but still important improvements and additions.

As well as the new update, Bugbear and Nordic are reaching out to the players for some guidance on how the game should develop going forward by way of a new survey.

CONTENT
AI now uses El Matador in Class B too.
Added more customization parts for KillerBee, Tristar, Rammer, Gremlin.
Added a new paintjob for the lawnmower, improved paintjobs for El Matador and Roadcutter.
Added reverse routes for Mixed 5 Outer Loop and Mixed 5 Inner Loop.
Added a short route for Tarmac 1, both forward and reverse layouts.
Added and adjusted the start/finish lines for a number of tracks.
Improved environment art on a number of tracks.
Improved static cubemap locations on a number of tracks.
Balanced texture luminance ranges on a number of assets.

TECHNICAL
Fixed a particle system related crash.
Implemented shaded particles (particles are now darker when in the shade).
Implemented free camera smoothing.
Added sharpening and vignette post-processing effects.
In Dirt Speedway Figure 8 (possibly affecting other tracks as well), a wrong way indicator is no longer incorrectly displayed right after start.
In Custom Event and MP, the game now tries to pick a unique paint job for the AI player if available.
Grid start points are now created dynamically (work-in-progress, minor glitches possible especially in MP).
MP: It’s now possible to disallow the use of special vehicles (lawnmower) on a server.

GAMEPLAY
Folk racing style start is now used on a number of tracks that support it (i.e. they have a dedicated start area).
Improved lawnmower handling and gameplay.
Adjusted reverse gear ratios so that they match between different vehicles.
Contact timer is no longer used in deathmatch.
Improved AI aggression: AI now employs increased situational awareness to decide when to ram another car. On Novice AI Difficulty, the AI is more aggressive towards each other and less towards the player, while on Expert AI Difficulty the AI is more aggressive towards the player and less against other AI players.
In demolition derby, the AI is now less inclined to use reverse whenever the front of the car is damaged.
In demolition derby, if only one or two AI players are left they no longer only circle around the player like idiots.
AI now takes the loop in Crash Canyon only in one direction to prevent the traffic from piling up.
Automatic reversing camera is now enabled by default in derby game modes.
In HUD, reset prompt is now displayed automatically when driving into a wrong direction or out of track.
In race game modes, reset is now only allowed when vehicle speed is 10 km/h or less to discourage exploiting.
In Grass Arena, hay bales no longer appear weightless when hit.

CAREER
Adjusted a number of career series, especially in championships 3–5.
The post-race rewards screen is now only shown if the player actually receives a reward, instead of every time.
The post-race experience screen is no longer displayed if the player abandons the event.
Weather no longer changes every time when restarting the event.
A series is now considered (and marked) completed only if player receives points from it.
Championship progress bar now only goes up until the unlock points for the new championship have been reached.
In vehicle selection, ineligible vehicles are now grayed out so it’s easier to pick out an eligible vehicle.
Vehicle stats (and therefore eligibility in a series) are now updated correctly after upgrading the vehicle.
Relevant bonus targets (like spin, crash out, wreck a number of cars) now accumulate during multi-heat events.

USER INTERFACE
MP: In server browser it’s now shown whether the server is configured for normal or realistic damage.
MP: In server browser, the list of servers is now only displayed after the data files have been verified.
MP: In lobby, the maximum number of players is now displayed correctly.
Added descriptions for all performance upgrades.
Implemented a new pre-race screen.
Implemented a new championship selection screen.
A number of user-interface fixes and improvements.

AUDIO
Added new engine audio for the lawnmower.
Added new engine audio for Gremlin.
Improved Speedeamon audio.
Contact audio no longer keeps repeating when the vehicle is resting on its top or side.

KNOWN ISSUES
MP, while in lobby cars may occasionally appear falling under the scene when the track changes.
MP,while in lobby spectating is glitched (no cars visible) if the race is not in progress.
MP, after returning to the lobby the car may appear to be in flames if it was wrecked in the event before.

Hotfix 1 Notes:
Fixed a number of menu system related crashes.
Vignette and Sharpening effects can now be enabled/disabled in the Settings menu.
Random AI players with derby liveries no longer appear in racing events.
Changing Tristar Front Fenders no longer results in the game crashing.
Speedbird Rear Wheel 3 now has the correct texture.
In a number of weathers dust is no longer too dark when in the shade.
In Replay, when entering free camera the camera is is now dropped in the current car position.
Various minor environment art improvements and fixes.

Hotfix 2 Notes:
Server Browser no longer crashes after quitting multiplayer and going back to the server browser.
Game no longer intermittently crashes during a menu texture loading.
MP: Kick and ban voting now works properly.
MP: Changing server info is now allowed only when in lobby to prevent issues.
Wrong way indicator is no longer incorrectly displayed at race start on Speedway 2 Oval Loop.
In Career, there’s now a reduced chance of AI players with duplicate paint jobs appearing.
Game controller vibration/rumble is now disabled correctly after a controller is changed.
Gremlin front and rear chains are now uninstalled with the bumpers.
Added new engine audio for Panther RS.
Minor environment art improvements and fixes.

For custom track backward compatibility, runtime grid generation can now be disabled in the event specific bbTrackData (.tcat) file by using the new flag. After enabling the flag, legacy manually placed start points will be used.

SURVEY!
Bugbear and Nordic Games are reaching out to the gaming community to help shape the future direction of the title. If you want to give your own opinion, you can complete this quick official survey found HERE and help move the title the direction you would like to see it go in the coming months.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Having at long last reached a stage where the developers feel it is time to consider the title worthy to step out of early access, Wreckfest is a very different prospect to what it once was one or two years ago. Despite what has been a rather impressive development of late, and what is truly a very underrated by highly polished title, the development team behind Wreckfest are still hard at work bring some further refinements ahead of the upcoming console release - as can be evidenced by the new update hotfix released earlier today.

August 21st Update Notes:
The game no longer crashes in specific cases when entering the Settings menu.
The game no longer sporadically crashes when using a vehicle with ragdoll driver.
The lawnmower and harvester no longer occasionally glitch when customizing paint.
Realistic Damage now works correctly in multiplayer.
Added “Server Not Empty” filter to Server Browser.
Added sorting as per ping to Server Browser.
In Lobby, it’s now possible to scroll the player list with a gamepad.
Reverted AI aggression back to what it was before the June update so AI is again more prone to do kamikaze attacks against the player especially on Expert difficulty.
Increased Player Rank level cap to 100.
In Career, V8 Thunder series now has 6 laps instead of 3.
In Career, adjusted series order of National Amateurs to hopefully prevent the users from getting stuck.
A number of environment art improvements and fixes.
Dukester

norbs

Post by norbs »

A very under rated title.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

norbs wrote:A very under rated title.
Yep & it's 25% off on STEAM this weekend:
Dukester

Cursed

Post by Cursed »

I might relent and pick it up.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
hutchy

Post by hutchy »

Yep, I think I may also look's like fun.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

I'm game if we can get a regular session. Is the Sunday one still going?
norbs

Post by norbs »

I havent been there for a few weeks, but keen to get back to it.

Box and Slow usually race. 4PM Sunday arvo.
hutchy

Post by hutchy »

Bought this yesterday bloody great fun!!
norbs

Post by norbs »

If anyone want s a run today, send me a dm on discord, I am around for an hour or so