Re: Euro Truck Simulator 2

Post by Bauer »

On special on Steam ATM too
--------------
Stu
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

It is also part of the latest Humble Bundle if you pay above average (currently US$6.14). Ends on 26/11.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Such a bargain on steam right now

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

New Light and Weather System Coming to ETS2
SCS Software released a set of Euro Truck Simulator (ETS2) preview screenshots showing some great-looking panoramas from Scandinavia featuring the upcoming lighting improvements.
The development team is updating several in-game graphic rendering elements such as the fog/haze calculation system, improvements to the HDR tone-mapping calculations, sun shafts (God Rays) and Shaders and texture updates with corrected specular and diffuse lighting to suit the new system.

The visual changes will be part of a free game update available for all Euro Truck Simulator 2 owners.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Nice!
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

American Truck Simulator preview – Alpha 0.1.60
The SCS Software team are the creators of the popular Euro Truck Simulator Series but are also working on the American counterpart of the trucking simulator. SCS Software first announced American Truck Simulator on September 6, 2013. SCS plans to include the entire North American continent and over 100 cities to explore.

In their latest video they show us an exclusive sneak peek of American Truck Simulator featuring some in-game footage from the early alpha version ( Alpha Version 0.1.60). Don’t forget that American Truck Simulator is still very much under development and features and environments may change prior to the official release.

At this moment, no American Truck Simulator release date is known.
[youtube] [/youtube]
Dukester

Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

I had a go of this on the Rift the other day which was my first real play with the device (this way the only driving game the guy had). The immersion was just spectacular. I got sick if I tried to look around when the truck was cornering and braking too quickly brought on nausea as well but overall it was amazing. Being able to tailgate someone and look out over the dash onto the back of the car in front was cool. The guy had his niece try out the game a few weeks ago and she tried to look out of the passenger seat of the truck and fell off the computer chair. :D
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

The Scandinavia DLC for Euro Truck Simulator 2 is out today, and SCS Software has released the official launch trailer.
The DLC features Denmark, Sweden and Norway and adds 27 new cities, new industries and over 80 new cargo.
SCS has substantially raised the attention given to the art and graphics departments of the game, hopefully resulting in more varied and beautiful landscapes.
Purchase the expansion in the first week after launch and get Viking Legends (Paints) for free.
The DLC costs $18USD on Steam:
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

ETS2 V1.18 featuring the new Mercedes-Benz Actros
SCS Software released Update V1.18 for their Euro Truck Simulator 2 title.

One of the main highlights of this update is the newly added Mercedes-Benz Actros truck bringing the Mercedes brand to Euro Truck Simulator 2. While the in-game model is already very solid, the development team is planning further tweaks and tuning options for the new vehicle. Besides the new Actros, the update is also featuring improved vegetation, new trailer skins, an updated radios list and over a thousand minor fixes in models and maps.

For Steam users, the V1.18 update will be an automated process while retail users will have to use the ETS2 Updater tool to sync their game to the latest version.

Code: Select all

Update features:
    New truck: Mercedes-Benz New Actros
    Mercedes-Benz brand is in the game
    Improved vegetation (prefab vegetation distances, rebalanced vegetation LODs, more settings)
    DRL for Iveco Hi-Way, Mercedes-Benz New Actros, Volvo FH, DAF XF Euro6
    New trailer skins
    Updated radios list
    Support for weather-based pedestrian spawning, support for multiple animations
    Over a thousand minor fixes in world models and in the map
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

SCS have today released four new images from the upcoming France DLC, showing off the stunning attention to detail given to produce scenery for the small La Rochelle village within the France DLC map. The French update will be the first DLC map release for ETS since SCS Software released American Truck Simulator to Steam Early Access. It is reassuring to know the studio are still supporting this title with new content as ETS2 has become something of a fan favourite over time and offers a different visual experience to its American counterpart.
Dukester

Cursed

Post by Cursed »

I have to say I've been giving ETS2 some extra time since getting the Rift. With one Workshop mod I have R2-D2 and Rey sitting in the cab with me, Obi-wan's light sabre on the dashboard and the Millenium Falcon dangling fluffy-dice style on my windscreen

I just wish they'd do something to lift the graphics performance. My system should not have as many issues running this as it does (even with the Rift).
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

SCS Software have confirmed a substantial update to the DAF XF 105 truck already in game is due for release in the coming weeks.

The studio have revealed they are currently working on bringing new licenced content into both ETS 2 and American Truck Simulator at the moment, however while the legal details are being finalised the studio have revisited a popular model already found in game. SCS have taken the step of employing a former community modder to join the studio and help develop the DAF XF 150 update, bringing such enhancements as reworking additional textures and remodelling of parts of the truck in order to bring the former third party mod up to the studios exacting standards.

The new DAF XF 105 truck update will be made available for the forthcoming version 1.25 due for release in the near future. SCS have been busy of late bringing new content and updates to ETS2 following the announcement in June that the studio will be delaying development to the new American Truck Simulator while they work on expanding the overall scale of the current game map in ATS. While work on ATS is currently underway, the studio are finding time to lavish some attention on the slightly older European version of the game. The latest news of the DAF XF 105 update comes hot on the heels of some preview images from the studio of the new La Rochelle map update, also due to be released in the coming weeks.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

New France DLC Previews - SCS Software are once again proving work on the game is continuing at a pace despite the release of its American counterpart, American Truck Simulator. The latest images revealed by the studio show off the impressive levels of detail that go into making the many assets in ETS2. Bridges are the focus of the latest screenshots, with fine examples of the digital recreations of the Pont de l'Iroise over the Élorn river, the Pont de Normandie bridge over the Seine river, the bridge at the entrance to the port in Le Havre, a suspension bridge over the Loire river near to Bourges and the Chavanon Viaduct at A89 Autoroute.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

SCS Software have issued a new batch of teaser images for the work in progress Viva La France DLC for ETS2, showing off an enviable attention to detail lavished on the current French scenery within the game.

The studio are building a new paid DLC package for the game, bringing with it several new road systems and cities within the French region. In in true SCS style, the studio are also creating a substantial update to the existing French locations already contained within the title, to be added to the sim at no additional charge to players.
"One of the decisions we made at the start of work on the new DLC was to concentrate on the "old" Paris in addition to building the new cities and roads. We have rebuilt whole new city from scratch, there is nothing left from the old version. We are serving a taste of the "new" Paris for you today. Welcome to Paris!

The city of Paris has been included in the base Euro Truck Simulator 2 game, together with partial map of France, ever since the game was released. But we felt that it deserves major improvement. This content, after undergoing the quality upgrade, of course remains available for all ETS2 players including those who do not plan to obtain the DLC Vive la France!"
The studio have focused attention mostly on the outer ring roads of Francilienne and Boulevard Périphérique aka "Périph". Used as primary heavy goods vehicle routes, the team have been keen to ensure the unique feel of the region has been captured within the sim. No good representation of France is complete without a tunnel or two, and ETS 2 is no exception.
"In addition to the road network we have built the tunnels which are integral part of Périph. The same applies for typical junctions that we built anew. For the rebuilding of Paris, we created a large and unique building assets that are all based on real landmarks. You will discover many of those unique locations on your way through Paris."​
With the new assets included in the game, come new businesses and themed companies. Viva La France will include new locations such as an airport, car factories and other as yet unrevealed locations.

No release date for either a public beta or mainstream release have been announced, however judging from the look of the attached screenshots, a release must be close at hand.

In other ETS2 news, the studio have confirmed an official licencing arrangement to bring 5 new officially licenced Schwarzmüller cargo trailers, bringing a new DLC pack to the game that is available to purchase immediately.

As this is the first officially licenced trailer content for the game, the studio are claiming to have "raised the bar on quality" with this release. Designed in accordance with technical references, the new DLC package has been in development since negotiations started with the company back at the 2014 IAA event, the largest European trade show of transportation and logistics industry. The DLC contains five new trailers, the set includes the Food Cistern, Curtain Sider, Low Bed, Refrigerated Trailer, and Logging Trailer and currently retails at £1.99 in the Steam store.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

SCS Software reveal Liftable Trailer Axels will form part of the new ATS and ETS 2 updates due to hit open beta within the next week.
When explaining exactly what the new feature will bring to the game, SCS say:
"Lifting a trailer axle allows you to spread the weight among the trailer's wheels to optimize fuel consumption, limit tire wear, or adjust the trailer's maneuverability while turning or reversing."​

It has been advised by the studio that once the new build is released players will need to assign the appropriate buttons for this feature under the Key & Buttons options. The studio have not set a default hotkey or controller key in an effort to avoid breaking players existing configurations.
The open beta release is available now, with an extended period of testing to take place before the live version of both games receive the new update - expected over the next few weeks.
Dukester

Cursed

Post by Cursed »

For the VR inclined folks out there - v1.32 which rolled out this week appears to have some significant rendering improvements. Newly modelled parts of Germany are displaying quite smoothly. I've bumped my r_manual_stereo_buffer_scale (super-sampling) to 1.7 and am hunting around some of the newer parts of Europe to see if stutters come back. The worst parts I had were:
  • Stockholm - now runs smoothly
  • Driving through some coastal cities in Italy - still to check
I was impressed enough that I bought their new Krone trailer DLC to reward their efforts.

Here's a link to the SCS thread on ETS2/ATS VR setup: https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=58686

The rendering improvements, trailer ownership and a few new roads have gone into ATS as well. I'll need to go for a drive to Las Vegas to see if that runs smoothly now.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

SCS Software have released the new European Truck Sim 2 DLC ‘Beyond the Baltic Sea’.
One of the most significant map expansion DLC packs for European Truck Simulator 2 since the title launch back in 2012, the ‘Beyond the Baltic Sea’ DLC adds no less than 13 thousand kilometers of new road structures to the simulation, taking in 24 major cities and numerous small towns across Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia, parts of western Russia, and the south of Finland.
As with any new DLC release for either ETS2 or sister title American Truck Simulator, the developers have also deployed a new build update to the software, adding compatible features to the title that will be required in order to take advantage of the latest DLC offering from the team.

CHANGELOG:
Buyable HCT (High Capacity Transport) double trailers (Finland only, Beyond the Baltic Sea DLC required)
Buyable double flatbed trailers (Scandinavia DLC required)
Buyable container and brick trailers (flatbed variants) and cargo market
Buyable Krone Boxliner (Krone DLC required)
Steam cloud based profiles
Reusable truck and trailer configuration templates
Physics improvements (suspension, damping, braking, COGs)
Rain drops behavior on glass improved
Music shuffling
Country and city name localization settings
g_disable_beacons (0/ 1/ 2) - for people having issues with blinking lights
Two new port cities added - Kapellskär in Sweden and Travemünde in Germany
various customization options

MOD ALERT:
Due to the number of changes, most mods will need some work to catch up!

Beyond the Baltic Sea is available now on Steam for around $26.00 AUD.
Key Features:
Over 13 thousand kilometers of new in-game roads
Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia to explore
Southern Finland containing major cities and industry
Russian territory including Saint Petersburg and Kaliningrad
24 new major cities and many smaller towns
Characteristic Baltic architecture
Famous landmarks and recognizable places
Brand new unique 3D-assets
Lush climate accordant vegetation
Local AI trains, trams, and traffic cars
Over 30 new local company docks and industries
Finland-only High Capacity Transport (a tractor and two long trailers)
Baltic-region achievements to unlock
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

SCS Software have released new updates to both ETS 2, adding new content, fixes and the MAN TGX Euro 6 truck!

Although a very welcome piece of news that the new MAN truck undoubtedly is, it is a shame to see that the model introduced to the simulation is an older version of the series - the Efficient Line 2. Although an older generation, SCS Software have confirmed that despite the difficulties they experienced in sourcing the reference material, plans are afoot to bring the more modern Line 3 model to the title in future months.

The road to implementing the new truck into ETS2 was actually very bumpy. Work on this model started several years ago based on limited references we had for the Efficient Line 2 edition. We aimed to release it with all chassis variants but spent over a year chasing various leads and sources to get them right. We are excited to have finally completed it now after obtaining important missing reference blueprints. In the future, it will be complemented by an up to date current production model, The Efficient Line 3.

ETS2 CHANGELOG:
MAN TGX Euro 6
Timezone areas fixed - Kaliningrad area, RU (Beyond the Baltic Sea DLC required)
Many little map fixes and world polish added

MOD ALERT: As with any update, due to the changes, a number of mods may need some work to catch up!
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

SCS Software have released the 'Road to the Black Sea' map expansion for European Truck Sim 2.
The 'Road to the Black Sea' pack for European Truck Simulator 2 looks like one of the most detailed and accomplished content releases created by SCS Software team so far in the history of ETS2 and sister title American Truck Sim. Containing 20 new cities and a large selection of smaller towns and points of interest, the map expansion is available now via steam for A$ 25.95

Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Euro Truck Simulator 2 Update 1.36 has also dropped.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado