Euro Truck Simulator 2

General game chat
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Euro Truck Simulator 2

Post by Exar Kun »

I grabbed this for $8 in the recent steam sale as something for my 2 year old to mess around with but it's actually really fun almost in a flight simulator kind of way. The physics are what you'd expect in this sort of title - halfway between sim & arcade. Still cool driving through cities in traffic and going through all the rigmarole. Relaxing most of the time with just a bit of action at either end of the trip. There's a management aspect too as you earn enough money you can start your own trucking company.

All in all a nice distraction that's still driving but not with 100% concentration all the time.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Shonky

Re: Euro Truck Simulator 2

Post by Shonky »

I've played this series on and off for a while now, and Euro Truck Simulator is the current pinnacle of the genre and for the most part I think it's ok, but the driving eventually gets tiring, there's just not enough to the driving to keep one interested long term.

In my opinion the world really needs more going on in the vertical axis, it's all too flat, most of the time you are barrelling along roads just trying to make bends as fast as possible, it needs hills that actually slow the trucks down like in the real world (not that I've driven any big rigs, but have ridden in a few) where you have to work the gears to get over them, and then use some skill getting down the hills without spearing off the road after running out of brakes, but for $8 it's definitely worth the money, I think I paid quite a bit more and I don't regret the spend and I got my monies worth out of it, I just wish there was a bit more.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

As above, but great game for what it is.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Ive had this for some time. Got into it a lot when i first got my Obutto r3volution and loved going thru the manual box with my H pattern sifter.
Ive done a few runs with the boy on my lap but he gets bored quickly and wants to crank on the wheel.

I have 2 trucking sites with 5 workers all doing runs but its now been almost 6 months since I loaded it up last.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

I have this also, as good as it is I got bored pretty quick.

Seeing this thread makes me want to load it up again though...
My company, 'Haulin ARSE, may just make a comeback!
Steve
---
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Was a truck driver. No interest.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
petey

Post by petey »

I too purchased it a while back. Loved the 12 speed gear box using the H pattern.

Unfortunately I agree the roads just aren't interesting enough. Give me some dirt log trucking or decent hills and id be far more excited.
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
TIMMY30

Post by TIMMY30 »

I found the brakes worked a little too well and sometimes highway exits came up on you a bit fast. Was good for a time waster though
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

SCS Software is happy to announce the open beta of Euro Truck Simulator 2 update 1.11 is now available on the Steam platform. Please note that this is a BETA, not the final patch. SCS Software has uploaded a small promo trailer unveiling the locations in the update. The final version of this patch will most probably be released in a couple of days.
There is one more new feature in version 1.11. The Radio Player now has a revised listing of radio stations.
[youtube] [/youtube]
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

They need to fix the crazy short braking distances (make it feel like the trucks have some mass). Besides that it's a fun game.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
richo

Post by richo »

Never played this what is the aim of the sim/game ? And do you need to inject speed into your eyeballs to win?
[]D [] []v[] []D
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

I'm addicted to it. Have two garages now with all female truckers lol. I could have a bigger company, but spend most my money on upgrading various trucks for fun :)

richo, the aim is deliver goods and build a trucking company. It's sandbox game play based in a compressed Europe (although the map is still huge). There are heaps of different loads and weights and a fair bit of vehicle modifications. There are also a lot of mods.

The driving is not really up to sim standard though. I can haul around at 160km's (Volvo FTW) with 25t loads on most highways and not roll over if careful enough.

Recently installed an oversize trailer mod and purchased a MAN truck. Hauling 75t loads with that beast is a good challenge.

Exar you can change the brake settings to make them more realistic (longer braking distances) in the settings. Got to Options>Gameplay>Braking Intensity and just slid the slider all the way left. Also oversize trailer mods with the extra weight make it far more challenging.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

I concur with Rots, load mods make it much better, although some of trailer mods can be a pain in the arse, especially any wide load types as they just don't fit within the off ramps a lot of the time which leaves some places out of reach.
Woodee
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Woodee »

Shonky wrote:I concur with Rots, load mods make it much better, although some of trailer mods can be a pain in the arse, especially any wide load types as they just don't fit within the off ramps a lot of the time which leaves some places out of reach.
For a game all about the trucks they seem to have purposely made the on and off ramps so cramped and not to scale! I'd love at least a 3/4 scale map so that the roads were like they are in real life.
My Fundraising Journey

Raised over £1000 for the Scoliosis Campaign Fund from 2011-2013.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Here's hoping they use a larger scale for the upcoming American Truck Simulator but the screenshots they've shown don't show too much change from what we already have.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

ETS2 ver 1.12 and High Power Cargo Pack DLC released ($4.99USD): " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SCS Software released update V1.12 of their Euro Truck 2 Simulator. With this update SCS Software is introducing the new High Power Cargo Pack DLC expansions. The current DLC exists out of seven new custom cargoes. You can now haul a Helicopter, Driller, Air Conditioner, Yacht, Tractor, Gas Pipeline Parts and Bulldozer tracks.

The DLC also features new special Heavy Duty customizable paint jobs as seen in the screenshots. Furthermore, update V1.12 brings you a filter and search function to enable you to find your next cargo more easily. Cargo filtering is implemented for the following groups: Machinery, ADR, Containers, Refrigerated, Liquid, Fragile, Construction, and Bulk Cargo.

The High Power Cargo Pack DLC is using new code hooks that are implemented in the 1.12 Update. This means that you will have to allow the Steam client to update the game to the latest version. The heavy Duty Cargo DLC is only available for the Steam edition of the game. Last but not least, SCS revealed that a new official license from a trailer manufacturer is coming to Euro Truck Simulator 2.
[youtube] [/youtube]
Dukester

Woodee
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Woodee »

Shonky wrote:Here's hoping they use a larger scale for the upcoming American Truck Simulator but the screenshots they've shown don't show too much change from what we already have.
Hope so to... the Euro roads feel positively cramped compared to the real life counterparts!
My Fundraising Journey

Raised over £1000 for the Scoliosis Campaign Fund from 2011-2013.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

SCS has announced that the new upcoming DAF XF Euro 6 model is ready for final testing. The model has been created using advanced 3D scanning technologies to acquire high-detail reference data.
The new DAF XF Euro 6 will be coming to ETS2 with its traditional palette of cabins, chassis selection, and a big selection of upgrade options. SCS hopes to release the DAF in the second half of September.
Dukester

norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Right, I got my 5 kilos of meth, a wife beater, stubbies and double pluggers. Where do i sign up?
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

It's on steam. Or you can get a code for the gold version here, $10 cheaper than on steam.

http://www.ozgameshop.com/pc-games/euro ... il-game-pc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I might grab it at the next steam sale now that it has rift support.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

So where are the best mods etc? Got this last night. Surprisingly fun. Gets a little boring on a long drive. Will be playing music with it tonight lol
Hello :aussie:
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Shaun wrote:Will be playing music with it tonight lol
Have you seen that you can stream internet radio in game?
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

No i haven't I kinda just jumped in and didn't look in any menus last night. Will have a look now. Reaping the rewards of a 5am start lol :D
Hello :aussie:
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

SCS Software posted preview renders of the 2012 Actros Truck model they are developing for their Euro Truck 2 Simulator. The Mercedes-Benz Actros was voted “Truck Of The Year 2012”. Since its launch in 1996, the Actros is the most successful heavy-duty truck in the world. SCS Software states that it took them a long time to acquire the necessary license, but that now they finally succeeded.

With this Truck model Euro Truck Simulator 2 will have all of the “Big Seven” European truck manufacturers in-game. To speed up the development of the truck, SCS Software has its Senior 3D designer working on the exterior of the truck, while a second modeler is working on the internals. At this time, its not known when the 2012 Actros model will be released.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

SCS Software released the v1.14 update bringing the new DAF XF Euro 6 to Euro Truck Simulator 2. The DAF XF Euro 6 is produced by the Dutch DAF manufacturer as a successor to the DAF XF105. The new XF arose from the need to meet the Euro 6 emission legislation.

The included screenshots picture the truck in some of the areas of the virtual world of ETS2 to be released as part of Scandinavia DLC.
Furthermore, SCS Software also announced that they are working on a new ‘light and skies’and day/night cycle system.

Data
New truck: DAF XF Euro 6
Added three new 6-wheeled chassis for (almost) all trucks
Substantial data fixes in most chassis

Code
Liftable axles
Speed limit shown on dashboard GPS
Truck browser shows all upgrades and their level requirements
Increased damage for overturned vehicles
Higher penalties for damaged cargo (both xp and money)
Camera rotation based on steering and blinkers
Traffic improvement

Steam and online services
Steam Rich Presence: job information in “View Game Info” in the Steam friends list
Screenshot images contain additional metadata (game state, vehicle, camera)
Upload your World of Trucks profile truck from the in-game Screenshot Manager

Modding
New cargo definition structure
Per-sector weather climate profiles
Goto console command now accepts city names or their fragments (eg “goto aber” teleports camera to Aberdeen)
Dukester