Space Engineers

General game chat
Shonky

Re: Space Engineers

Post by Shonky »

I read that in the wiki, but I still managed to do it, apparently that's bugged at the moment since the 027 update, I think I have 4 clear blocks below the thruster to stop damage to the blocks below.

Sent from my Nexus 5
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Awright, I've built a bigger, better miner now, that has two drills & connectors to dump the ore.
I've found that I can just park it diagonally above the collector on top of the refinery so that both drills can be emptied at the same time.

I think you can't connect the two connectors up any way? I've tried with conveyors, but it did not seem to work (conveyors up to the connector at the end)
I've thought of putting a large cargo container in and dump it into that, too, not sure if it'd work though. I'll have to test it out :)
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

[youtube] [/youtube]

I went back to creative to experiment and made one with 4 drills. Needs several connectors though or it takes ages to empty. I've just been setting the connectors to empty into space and letting the ores fall into the collector on the space station. Also needed a large reactor.

It would be good if we could control the routing in the tubes in order to send ores to specific refineries.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Lol at the video.

I think there is an intention to sort ores down the track other wise it makes the collect all switch pretty pointless on the connector since you can just toggle the master switch for it anyway.

Sent from my Nexus 5
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

That collect all switch got me! you can actually pipe all the ore from the drills into one hub for dumping it out...nice!
Time to upgrade to a 4-drill version methinks :D

Edit: the collect all was not switched "on" for me previously - so the ore did not get into the connector...pretty stupid thing :)
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

heh. Overflow at the refinery :D
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

New miner 4x the fun version! :D
also with 9 connectors at the bottom for quick dumping of the ore - works pretty well. I've omitted any landing gear to keep it sleek, it's just get stuck.

Here it is in its full glory:
miner4x.jpg
more images, some with less cover:
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Nice one ysu, also got myself a 4 banger too, having the drill area larger than the craft is great, been making tunnels through asteroids. :D
Woodee
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Woodee »

If anyone has a server up anytime I'd like to join as I just reinstalled this.
My Fundraising Journey

Raised over £1000 for the Scoliosis Campaign Fund from 2011-2013.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

I had a bit of a discussion with one of my mates that's been toying with this as well and we came to the conclusion that there's not much point in trying multi-player until there is a dedicated server available. At the moment one player hosts the map, and then if that player closes his game nothing can be done to the map until that player fires up the server again, or shares the map to another player and they start the server.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Dedicated server is now available :)
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

hm...we should set one up!
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Awesome news, I wonder what the requirements are.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

I think we should to. Maybe shut down the Minecraft server and launch this? If its not to system heavy for Astros stuff?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

I wouldn't as yet. There's still privacy issues and griefers abound at the moment. There's no way to set passwords and what not. Leave it for a few updates I reckon. I'm running a dedi for Syn and myself and if we're not on I shut it down because of griefers and people just generally wanting to be dicks.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Santaria wrote:I wouldn't as yet. There's still privacy issues and griefers abound at the moment. There's no way to set passwords and what not. Leave it for a few updates I reckon. I'm running a dedi for Syn and myself and if we're not on I shut it down because of griefers and people just generally wanting to be dicks.
No pw is indeed a problem. Let's wait then.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Minecraft doesn't either... Does it automatically post it to a list?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Looks like you have to join via the server list. Unless everyone used hamachi and joined via lan.
Woodee
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Woodee »

Update 01.037 - Factions, ownership of blocks
Community Announcements - George.Mamakos
Factions are now available in Space Engineers. Players can create and join factions, determine ownership of blocks and manage the relations between them (hostile/ally).

IMPORTANT NOTE: Factions are still Work-in-Progress and this is only the first update. There are still many things to be added during the next weeks (eg. chat and communication) and some bugs/issues are yet to be fixed.
We decided to release it now so we can get the best feedback possible from the players.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Full list of new features and fixes: http://forums.keenswh.com/post?id=6970069" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
an update
My Fundraising Journey

Raised over £1000 for the Scoliosis Campaign Fund from 2011-2013.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

The development of this is rolling along well, although it still needs and end game for me, probably won't be too interested unless they come up with multiple procedural galaxies you can travel between, as it stands there is only building and Minecraft completely tapped out that need for me.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

This is not dead yet.
They've just released a DX11 update - and I reckon a lot of features have been added in the past year, too.

Few images

Example
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

The same devs released a castle building game. Looks nice, but these games need some PvE.

ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

DarrenM wrote:The same devs released a castle building game. Looks nice, but these games need some PvE.

Yup, agreed. There's talk in SpaceEng, of baddies - someone even suggested that Enemy npcs Should be reavers :)