KartKraft (formely KartSim)

General game chat
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Re: KartKraft (formely KartSim)

Post by Duke »

Zach Griffin’s Studio Black Delta announced that the KartKraft Closed Beta is due to commence shortly.

Those who are interested in joining the Beta test should rapidly apply because the number of participants in this phase of the Beta will be limited. Studio Black Delta stated that players who miss out on the first round will get a new opportunity during the coming weeks and months when more invitations will be sent out. As usual, Beta test participants will not be allowed to share Information or related media outside of the official KartKraft forum.

To participate in the upcoming KartKraft Closed Beta test you have to register at members.kartkraftgame.com. You are encouraged to read the “Terms and Conditions” before registering.

KartKraft is supposed to be launched on June 4, 2016. More game info at kartkraftgame.com
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Studio Black Delta shared a new set of in-game preview screenshots of their KartKraft Closed Beta karting simulator. The screenshots show us that KartKraft might just be the most detailed

The included screenshots show us that KartKraft might just be the most detailed kart simulator yet. At this time, we have no further feedback on the physics development of this sim, but as far as graphics are concerned, this is already a winner.

Last week, Zach Griffin has sent out the second batch of keys to the players who had registered to become Beta testers. The players were selected based on their gaming experience, hardware, and gaming profile.

Further waves of keys will be sent out each week in the lead up to the Early Access launch, so be sure to keep checking your inbox for an invite to the CBT. To participate in the upcoming KartKraft Closed Beta test you have to register at members.kartkraftgame.com. You are encouraged to read the “Terms and Conditions” before registering.

KartKraft is scheduled to be launched on June 4, 2016. More game info at kartkraftgame.com
Dukester

Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

I signed up for the Beta a little while back. I'd love to test it out.

I'm curious about how it will go being based in the Unreal game engine.

It looks nice. Fingers crossed the physics are as impressive as they sound.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

A dev post in Feb stated Oculus support on launch with other HMD's supported later. Seems the release has been delayed since then so nfi if that's still the case.
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

First round of Beta keys have started going out. So it's out there at least. We'll see.
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Unreal....

flybitch.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Hahaha, that's crazy...

You got a beta key c.j?
Dukester

c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Nah mate, I submitted the details of my rig, wait, wait out. I really would like to try this, I suck at karting and figure this might be a good place to learn how to race, which might help me in other sims. I have had the odd bit of luck here and there but definitely a lot to learn. They were pretty cool about it though, being late to apply they responded to me pretty quick.

It does look good. I am starting out in P-cars Karts, figured I might as well practice there too.

;)
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

I remember signing up for beta testing back in the days when the Blackhole Motorsports website was the best way to get information on upcoming sim mods and games.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Im in. ;)
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
pab

Post by pab »

norbs wrote:Im in. ;)
Bastard!

Oh, wait,... so am I.
PB
Radioactive Race Engineering #16 / Lightning Karts KT100s #61
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

Looks like everyone is in!
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

I'm not in. What's the topic of the email?
norbs

Post by norbs »

Righteous wrote:I'm not in. What's the topic of the email?
AussiesInAustraliaOnly. :D
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Get Farked!

They're probably making sure it's idiot proof first........
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

No invite here, been signed up for years.

My internet developed sense of entitlement is telling me to get on FB, Twitter and complain :D
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

norbs wrote:
AussiesInAustraliaOnly. :D
Righteous wrote:Get Farked!

They're probably making sure it's idiot proof first........

GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

r8response wrote:No invite here, been signed up for years.

My internet developed sense of entitlement is telling me to get on FB, Twitter and complain :D
Did you resign up the in the last few months? I doubt he's kept the old applications
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

GT VIRUS wrote:
r8response wrote:No invite here, been signed up for years.

Did you resign up the in the last few months? I doubt he's kept the old applications
Probably not. But that's okay. I can wait it out.
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

I did, didn't get shit

;)
norbs

Post by norbs »

Will have to look into the FFB a bit, I get a horrid oscillation at speed.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

I eagerly await r8's response to this. :prod:
Today was supposed to be the launch day for KartKraft’s Early Access version on Steam and while the new title won’t launch as planned, Zach Griffin has release a new dev blog and some new preview images to go along with it.
There’s only one way to start this post, and that’s to apologise for the way we handled the delay of ‪#‎KartKraft‬ Early Access. Our lack of communication was simply not good enough, and we need to make sure it doesn’t occur again.

During the ongoing Closed Beta Test, we’ve been working with our dedicated community testers to improve every aspect of KartKraft. In just the past 48 hours, the most recent wave of the CBT group have completed 28,665 laps of Geelong onboard the IAME ‪#‎KA100‬ powered karts with testers from 37 different countries.

With an incredible response to the game during the entire CBT period, we’ve received highly detailed feedback and suggestions that we’ve been able to include in the weekly CBT releases. From the Force Feedback, Physics, Lighting, UX and UI, Wheel support, Triple screen support and overall level of performance, there’s not one component of the game we haven’t worked on and improved; with over 1600 fixes/features/improvements made during the past 10 weeks.

The CBT has also highlighted some key features and performance issues on lower end hardware that must be fixed before we release #KartKraft. Thus we have decided to extend the CBT period and release date by approximately 8 weeks to ensure KartKraft meets and exceeds your expectations on Day 1, even as an Early Access game. We will make a further announcement to confirm the exact release date in the coming weeks.

We will also be increasing the number of testers in the CBT and sending out additional waves beyond the initial allocation to make sure more of you are able to participate in the testing. (Those who were part of Thursday’s Beta wave who are still having issues redeeming your Steam Key, please expect an email with an updated key on Tuesday next week. We are currently working with Valve to resolve the issue.)

Finally, to those who are still awaiting a response to their recent emails and messages, please expect a slight delay in receiving a reply. We are currently working through a backlog of 3000+ messages from the past two days.

Thank you once again for your understanding and I leave you with new unedited in-game screenshots from the CBT showing off the ‪#‎IAME‬ ‪#‎X30‬ powered ‪#‎CRG‬, ‪#‎SODI‬ and ‪#‎DEADLY‬ karts with more videos and screenshots to come.
Formally known as KartSim, KartKraft will be accurately simulating the the thrill of driving a racing kart, the starting point of almost every professional racing career. To ensure realism, the title uses an industry standard tire model and a real-time FEM model to simulate the flex of the chassis.
Dukester

r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Duke wrote:I eagerly await r8's response to this. :prod:
I bought DayZ....

I've learnt to wait patiently when it comes to early access etc :lol:
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

So how's this coming along gents as it looks spectacular...? (there's more pics in the next post. :nod: )
The early access version release date of the KartKraft karting simulator is getting nearer. To get us all excited, Studio Black Delta has now published the biggest ever KartKraft screenshot gallery yet.

All the images are captured while running the latest closed beta Test build. (V0.1.0.433). The preview screenshots show us the highly detailed kart models in action on the ‪virtual Geelong Kart Club‬, ‪‎GoKart Club Of Victoria‬, and the ‎Paul Fletcher International kart tracks in both dry and wet weather conditions.

KartKraft is a hyper realistic kart racing game with real kart physics and laser scanned circuits. The game will become available for both the PC and Consoles.

At launch the KartKraft Early Access version will feature the following:
16 officially licensed kart chassis: Arrow, CRG, Deadly, Formula K, Monaco, OK1, Praga and Sodi Kart
4 kart classes: 45hp KZ2, 32hp X30, 22hp KA100, 13hp KA100 Restricted
4 laser scanned tracks: PFi, England | Geelong, Australia | Melbourne, Australia | Indoor Warehouse, Utah
Chapter 1 of Career Mode
Full driver and kart customisation with officially licensed gear: Alpinestars, Arai, Freem, Mir, Momo, OMP, Sparco
Asynchronous PvP Challenges
Time Trials
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

From the KartKraft info log:

Which tracks will be available?
KartKraft features well known kart racing tracks from around the world, all laser scanned and accurate down to the last mm. We have already announced Geelong, PFI London and Atlanta Motorsport Club and GKCV, and more are being added all the time. Stay tuned for more news as we head into the final weeks before release.

Which kart chassis will be available?
16 officially licensed kart chassis will be available from Arrow, CRG, Deadly, Formula K, Monaco, OK1, Praga and Sodi Kart.

Will modding be supported?
We'll be revealing more about modding in KartKraft closer to release. However we can confirm you will be able to develop mods through Steam Workshop. (Support will be added during Early Access).

Will KartKraft support a multiplayer racing mode?
Yes, the multiplayer mode will be released during the early access stage. Up to 30 players will be supported in a single race.

Does KartKraft have endurance races?

We are looking add it in the future based on community preferences.

What kind of karts does KartKraft include? (80cc, 100cc 150 4stroke ,etc)
4 kart classes: 45hp KZ2, 32hp X30, 22hp KA100, 13hp KA100 Restricted.

How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?

Whilst KartKraft's full feature set and development roadmap will be determined by all of the KartKraft community, our initial focus will be on adding the following features:
Online Multiplayer
Bandit Mode
Additional Tracks, Karts, Engines
Steam Workshop Support
In-Game Kart/Helmet/Suit Painter
League Support
Replays
Tyre Wear/Heating
Triple Screen Support
Performance Optimisations
Dukester