Elite: Dangerous

General game chat
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Re: Elite: Dangerous

Post by Righteous »

Oh right. Well, I'm yet to run into one and I've been playing in open play since launch. I've found it pretty rare that I run into other commanders.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

"Play" is a loose word, as I have been looking around watching more youtubes, as I am still one-handed.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Righteous wrote:Oh right. Well, I'm yet to run into one and I've been playing in open play since launch. I've found it pretty rare that I run into other commanders.
You inspired me to have a look at open play again this morning, I leave the station and slip past some dude on my way out and I cop abuse for exiting too recklessly according to this clown, the stupid part is he can squish my cobra like a bug and not so much lose a ring off his shields, some people just have to vent sometimes I guess. :D
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

That would be the green light red light system.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

I played open for a few days and it was just annoying so I went back to solo. People were lagging about killing my immersion. Plenty who couldn't fly, taking 3 goes to enter a station and 5 mins to land. Though I guess that wouldn't be an issue now that I've left the starting area. Never saw another player at a nav beacon or extraction site. Only plus side was someone telling me in comms how to do a black box mission when I first started out.

Private group might be good. I've been thinking of joining the huge pve group at http://elitepve.com/ They have over 2000 members now.

Apparently the red/green lights aren't about entering on a particular side, though that would have made more sense.
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthrea ... ost1610735
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

been downloading ALLL day. God this is slow.
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Shonky wrote:
Righteous wrote:Oh right. Well, I'm yet to run into one and I've been playing in open play since launch. I've found it pretty rare that I run into other commanders.
You inspired me to have a look at open play again this morning, I leave the station and slip past some dude on my way out and I cop abuse for exiting too recklessly according to this clown, the stupid part is he can squish my cobra like a bug and not so much lose a ring off his shields, some people just have to vent sometimes I guess. :D
Hahaha, Gold. I don't know where you guys are hanging out, I played for 5 or 6 hours today and didn't see anyone. I'm in a system called Jaroua at the moment.
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

I'm still plodding about in my Cobra. It was nice to cruise about with the Hottest 100 streaming all day yesterday. I have the Cobra specced out for freight (32T), mining (5 bin refinery), and a bit of bounty hunting and self defence with my kill warrant scanner and gimballed pulse lasers and gimballed beam laser. I still have the basic discovery unit in there, so that's earning a little cash as I go.

Last night I took an epic flight to my nearest Empire system - about 20 jumps and nearly 100Ly. I've collected the 50k they owed me for bounties, now I need to go back home again and collect all that discovery information that I ignored on the way through.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

DarrenM wrote:Apparently the red/green lights aren't about entering on a particular side, though that would have made more sense.
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthrea ... ost1610735

Ahhh, they are like port and starboard-hand markers! I had assumed I should enter on the green side. Been doing it wrong! Thanks for that link.
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

That is it.

Though some others see it the other way and yell a plenty, in the mean time.
Originally Posted by WeirdCulture
Boost In - Boost Out..... I will not follow your "rules". *SCNR*
As a Smuggler and Slave Trader, I have to adopt this procedure to avoid scans and fines. It's worth checking the Radar before committing to the boost button!
I like this also.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Finally got a type 7. I've hit the slot every time I've gone through. lol

Seems the medium size pads aren't working right. Makes you wait for that blast shield thing to go down before you can launch. 3.5 hours in that should get me to a decently fitted out clipper.

Found this for the landing pad layout. Apparently 1 and 13 are going to be swapped.

Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Haha, I know the feeling with the type 7. The cabin on the type 7 is at the bottom of the ship and all its bulk is above, scrape your feet through the letterbox and you'll be all good.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

and im here in a hauler doing 10k profit per trip.... ha
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

1 and 13 where added as it was in the old game.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Just bought myself a Python and upgraded it to 284 cargo slots, finally on my way to the type 9.

If you feel like a mind numbing grind go to Tenche (Lunney Station) and take performance enhancers to a the seeking luxuries about 10mn away, worth around 1400c/t for the 5 minute trip there and back.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

I have a route which has 3 jumps (27ly), and I get 1000c/t one way and 1500c/t the other. Just been trying to get a bigger ship for more slots.
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

Still in my Sidewinder, but making some progress. I got my balance up to about 7,000 cr with small trading and a couple of bulletin board missions (who knew scrap would be worth so much?). Aiming for the Hauler and then the Adder.

Quite enjoying this. As my balance increases I can bump the profits up a bit.
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

I'm trying to stay off the online trading tools and the whispers of luxuries trading near a far away star. So far I've plied my way with BUlletin board missions, trades that seem to max out at 1kCR/T, but often half that on the return trip, the odd bit of bounty hunting at the nearby nav beacon, plus discovery money from going to systems to source some out-of-the-way resource for a mission. I'm still rocking my Cobra, kitted out to be worth about 1.75mil. My free Eagle is still in the hangar. Got about 1.5mil loose change.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

I didn't do much trading to start off with. Just missions and bounty hunting at nav beacons. I had about 5 million assetts and 400 claimed bounties before I decided to do dedicated trading with the type 6.

Some systems are better than others for that. I found Ross 720 really good for early bounty hunting. It's not far from the starting LHS 3447 system and has Resource extraction sites if you want to mix it up a bit. They kill my frame rates though so I mostly stick to nav beacons.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

NeilPearson wrote:I have a route which has 3 jumps (27ly), and I get 1000c/t one way and 1500c/t the other. Just been trying to get a bigger ship for more slots.
Raz found a similar route that we've been doing, 2 jumps (22 ly) 1600 c/t one way, 950 c/t the other, we're still looking for that elusive 1500 c/t each way.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

The one I ended up doing was 1450 one way and 688 the other, but only a 5.6Ly jump. Round trip was a bit under 12 mins.
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

How far are peoples jump ranges atm? any into the explorer 30+ range.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

i have to stop spending all my money on new ships... its killing my profits... but look new!
petey

Post by petey »

Had no idea this was out, just grabbed it and downloading new. Keeen :yes:
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

I put 23Ly range on the type 6 when searching for routes but the rest I've only upgraded to 15Ly or so.

Forgot that the clipper needs large landing pads and that stations don't have them. Travelled 60Ly to discover that no system in range had anywhere I could dock :(

Need to grab a fuel scoop for it. 16 tons of fuel doesn't get it far and that's all it can carry.