Fallout 4

General game chat
wabbit

Re: Fallout 4

Post by wabbit »

Oh whoops! Fair enough and yeah the "snap to" is often painful. I'm hoping a patch solves it.
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Play it on the xbox one. It has been non stop fun for me on that, none of the Fallout 3/New Vegas bugs have appeared yet except the occasional person walking on an invisible platform.

I've put about 15 hours in to it, cleared out Corvega and holy shit, I need to up my lockpicking skill, so many safes around advanced or above to pick.

The only advice I can take every bit of junk you see. Fans, hotplates, what ever. I have built 3 really deadly rifles and an automatic shotgun, as well as a sweet little automatic sub machine gun that sounds like an mg42 haha.

Deathclaws are scary as shit, especially indoors
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Interesting, I've not cleared Corvega, I just went past it and forgot. I'll look into it. I've only done the quest there, and met the only deathclaw there.
(Edit: eh, I though it was the first city, but that one was called Concord after all.)

I've had to play quite a bit more to meet another Deathclaw, it happened today in Boston. Lucky it was busy taking apart three Gunner mercs, so I could land a few sneaky shots with my trusty .308 sniper from far away, then as it has finished the dismantling I had to go in and finish it with the combat shotgun. I've recently upgraded it to 120 dmg, it's really satisfying to use :D

Still the bloody thing need some work. (I'm playing on hard, though).

That Boston is a proper adult playground. I've met a Legendary White Radstag(! hehe), a legendary bloatfly, a legendary dog...and a few really interesting things, like Glowing Molerat and Red Bloodbugs (iirc). All quite tough. The legendary enemies are quite rewarding, a unique item is always in the loot (altho I have yet to find one which is actually useful - a .45 machine gun doing 10dmg, even with a high fire-rate and double dmg promise will still deplete my ammo very quickly w/o doing much killing.
Boston is also quite big - I can't dream of clearing it. For now I'm quite nervous going through, as there are a few rather deadly enemies I had to sneak around or run away from.

My tips;
- Get the local leader perk and join up your settlements (if you have the charisma). It's very nice to be able to access all the resources across multiple places. Makes building - especially at new places - a piece of cake.
- Get the Idiot Savant perk ASAP. It makes quite a difference. Especially at 2nd level; if it happens to give you the 5x xp at the right time, it can mean an extra level. I've had it trigger at mission completion once or twice, it's a great extra XP boost :)
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

You'll have to head to Corvega again ysu, there's a bobblehead to get!
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

yeah I've cleaned the Corvega plant, and I believe I got the bobble head, too - it's the city Concord left largely as-is.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

I only figured out yesterday that you can scroll down the perks screen by moving the mouse to the bottom of it. Also, with the way all the extra perks are greyed out I assumed they unlocked like a tech tree when you maxed out one of the base stats. So I'm now level 17 and only got 2 points in the extra perks :(

It's a bit silly how many there are.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

It's extremely silly - you can scroll with r-click or moving the mouse down outside the screen, but it's just one of those "wtf were they thinking" control issues :/
Of course I could not figure it out for the first 5 or so levels either - but then I got suspicious.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Console port problems are all over this game, that is one of many unfortunately.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

ysu wrote:Interesting, I've not cleared Corvega, I just went past it and forgot. I'll look into it. I've only done the quest there, and met the only deathclaw there.
(Edit: eh, I though it was the first city, but that one was called Concord after all.)

I've had to play quite a bit more to meet another Deathclaw, it happened today in Boston. Lucky it was busy taking apart three Gunner mercs, so I could land a few sneaky shots with my trusty .308 sniper from far away, then as it has finished the dismantling I had to go in and finish it with the combat shotgun. I've recently upgraded it to 120 dmg, it's really satisfying to use :D

That Boston is a proper adult playground. I've met a Legendary White Radstag(! hehe), a legendary bloatfly, a legendary dog...and a few really interesting things, like Glowing Molerat and Red Bloodbugs (iirc). All quite tough. The legendary enemies are quite rewarding, a unique item is always in the loot (altho I have yet to find one which is actually useful - a .45 machine gun doing 10dmg, even with a high fire-rate and double dmg promise will still deplete my ammo very quickly w/o doing much killing.
Boston is also quite big - I can't dream of clearing it. For now I'm quite nervous going through, as there are a few rather deadly enemies I had to sneak around or run away from.

My tips;
- Get the local leader perk and join up your settlements (if you have the charisma). It's very nice to be able to access all the resources across multiple places. Makes building - especially at new places - a piece of cake.
- Get the Idiot Savant perk ASAP. It makes quite a difference. Especially at 2nd level; if it happens to give you the 5x xp at the right time, it can mean an extra level. I've had it trigger at mission completion once or twice, it's a great extra XP boost :)

How did you get the shotty to 120dmg? I can only get 87... Lvl 31 playing on hard. I have all the perks for making the higher quality mods to

I read on Reddit that someone had a 141dmg gun on survivor difficulty....
Santaria

Re: RE: Re: Fallout 4

Post by Santaria »

NeilPearson wrote:
ysu wrote:Interesting, I've not cleared Corvega, I just went past it and forgot. I'll look into it. I've only done the quest there, and met the only deathclaw there.

My tips;

How did you get the shotty to 120dmg? I can only get 87... Lvl 31 playing on hard. I have all the perks for making the higher quality mods to

I read on Reddit that someone had a 141dmg gun on survivor difficulty....
My 120 dmg shotty was an upgraded legendary. Just gotta keep an eye out for them I guess.

Level 40 at the moment just trawling through the areas and clearing them out. The Goodneighbor quests are.... Interesting...

Sent from my Nexus 5
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Loving what this game throws up at you from time to time, had a quest to deliver something to the Warwick Homestead for a while and found myself going through Quincy Ruins on the way, ended up in an awesome fire fight, felt like about 20 minutes to take down all the enemies coming at me, just when you think you are over powered you get another reality check! Was a good test for the X-01 power armour I picked up earlier on. :D

Must head back there and find the leader I killed, I'm yet to find his dead body to get the legendary loot he supposed to drop, not sure if he dropped through the overpass or ended up somewhere else. :cry:
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

It's not a legendary, it's a plain combat shotgun upgraded. I'll take a screeny.

I'm only lvl 25 or so. But maybe playing on hard gives you extras? (It certainly gives you more legendary enemies...)
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

I assume you'd get more if you upgraded Le Fusil Terribles. Found it last night. It's a combat shotgun with a +25% damage and limb damage bonus. The kickback on it is hilarious though.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

ysu wrote:It's not a legendary, it's a plain combat shotgun upgraded. I'll take a screeny.

I'm only lvl 25 or so. But maybe playing on hard gives you extras? (It certainly gives you more legendary enemies...)

See I have a combat shotgun, and I can only get it to 87, the powerful reciever gives me 75.. not 120!
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

NeilPearson wrote:
ysu wrote:It's not a legendary, it's a plain combat shotgun upgraded. I'll take a screeny.

See I have a combat shotgun, and I can only get it to 87, the powerful reciever gives me 75.. not 120!
That's really interesting!
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

DarrenM wrote:I assume you'd get more if you upgraded Le Fusil Terribles. Found it last night. It's a combat shotgun with a +25% damage and limb damage bonus. The kickback on it is hilarious though.
I found this last night as well, very interesting the 120 DMG ysu is seeing with his shotty!
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Does the displayed damage include the bonus from perks? Maybe that's what gets it to 120.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

You maybe onto something, Darren, it would make sense. Which perk applies to shotties I wonder? My main skill is with single-shot rifles - which it may just come under!
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

They use the Rifleman perk as long as it's not automatic.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

That's it then :)
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Adding 33 dmg is huuuge
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

So I was caught out by the perk system too, adding star after star at the top for the first 20 odd levels and then I realised what was going on. I should have come here and checked first.

Anywho, I am starting to get the hang of it a little more. I have a heavily modified Missile launcher, combat assault rifle, shotgun, large caliber sniper and hunting rifle and booku anti personnel equipment. But Deathclaws still scare the feck out of me. Those things are just plain nasty.

*spoiler alert*

I fell in to a sink hole and I had to pause the game to regather myself as I landed on a deathclaw that was a lot fucking bigger than me. I managed to escape, but holy shit.

Much better combat than the other games.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

See I got a special edition with a vault tec tin and a poster of all the perks. So I saw there was more and automatically found out how to move it. Depending on how high your special stats are changes how much you missed out on at the lower levels.
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

I decided to pick up Fallout3 for a try. It was only £15. Bit of a slow start with the toddler stuff and the kids party but I've got to Megaton and found a couple of sub missions. Currently getting my arse kicked in a local supermarket :)
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

NeilPearson wrote:Adding 33 dmg is huuuge
It's +45 :), but more to the point, 75=>120 is a 60% increase. I've got the perk up to the 3rd star IIRC, which is indeed a 60% increase (I think it's 20% per level). It makes it very effective, I can tell you that :D