Fallout 4

General game chat
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Fallout 4

Post by NeilPearson »

Holy shit!

Did anyone catch the E3 conference just shown?

It looks amazing, Some of the features I can remember...

*50 Base guns, with 700 modifications
*Build your own settlements - including buildings
*Customizable Power armor - Jet packs!
*Voiced character
*All objects in game can be broken down for use in crafting weapons etc.

itll be releases 10th November 2015.

All aboard the Hype train! choo choo
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Re: Fallout 4

Post by ysu »

I'll wait till it's fixed ;)
But it's definitely something I'll want to play. They haven't made a bad one in the series, yet, which is bloody amazing.
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

ysu wrote:I'll wait till it's fixed ;)
When it comes to a Bethesda game, that's the best course.

I'll wait for the eventual GoTY Edition
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Do what you will.

List of everything thats been revealed from the trailer:

NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

really love to be playing this right now.

But I cant. Since I have a 19gb download on a game i bought at EB. the DVD only supplied me with 5.2gb of the 24gb needed. and at 500kb/s its taking forever. probably 7pm tonight... started at 8:30am
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

Seriously! Fark me that's criminal!
I drink a great deal, I sleep a little and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two hundred percent form - Sir Winston Churchill
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

They're hardly the first to do something like that. Compared to the DVD release of Metal Gear Solid V, it's considerably better. MGS V only had the Steam Installer on the DVD.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

r8response wrote:They're hardly the first to do something like that. Compared to the DVD release of Metal Gear Solid V, it's considerably better. MGS V only had the Steam Installer on the DVD.

thats pathetic. :\ Im guessing they are trying to kill PC DVD's and go digital
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Bought it from ozgameshop and the code they sent me is impossible to read. Still waiting for them to sort it out :(
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Finished downloading last night around 11pm, I figured it was best to leave it till tonight so I can get a clear run at it, like Neil, pissed about the download, but I would have bought it on Steam anyway if it wasn't for the stupid USD pricing given. $79USD vs $59AU through JB was a no brainer.
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

Bought it on PS4, just waiting for the mailman to deliver it!
Steve
---
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

Got a Steam key from cdkeys for $70 yesterday while at work. Fired up Teamviewer and connected to my gaming PC - 35 minutes later it was loaded (thanks to 100Mb/s).

Had a bit of a run around last night, but haven't gone far.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

I really like it. Felt overwhelmed though.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

I've bought it when there was a sale a few wks back.
It has its problems (controls are attrocious, help is scarce from Bethesda) but it's surprisingly ok as far as bugs go. Yes there are some, but I haven't found any game-breaking ones, yet. :)
Well, except that you can't run it in full screen if your resolution is non-standard, hehe. But luckily the clever people have figured out a solution to that.
It runs pretty sluggish, sadly (console port through and through).
And that 23GB download is really something :D

The game itself is what you'd expect; better looking & more details than in the previous one. Good stories, interesting things, more to do. Not sure about the in-depth game mechanics yet, but so far it's very enjoyable.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Oh, there's a mod already to help with the first steps towards making it more pc friendly, as the configuration for PC is just completely borked up.
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/102/
Brett_S

Post by Brett_S »

Took me 20 hours to get to 23 out of the 25gb download. Decided to turn off the PC as I didn't want it on all night and this morning I found that it hasn't cached the download and has to do it all again!

Argh, still got another 8 hours to go FFS.
This is the way the world works, if you want want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the d**ks first - Eric Cartman
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Fark, I thought the 2GB roll back I copped when I paused the download by mistake was bad, you win by a long shot.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Shyte.
The 2BG rollback maybe due to the big files it's built of, but the full rollback is really weird...and annoying.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

ozgameshop re-sent me the key at 1am but I didn't notice until 3pm because of the way gmail groups emails together. Still 10 hours to go. Fucking Tony Abbott.
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

I'm liking it a lot. To be honest I thought it was going to be much the same as Fallout 3 and New Vegas. It is, but it's also different enough that there's nostalgia and new things to do and find. I put many hours into Fallout 3 and New Vegas. I've only died twice so far. Usually from something stupid liek standing to close to a car or a shit rebounding grenade.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

I've died from ghoul attack, too. They're really feral this time (hard level).
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

I haven't played any of the Fallout games. Are they just FPS alien jobs? A bit like Doom. Or a bit more involved like half life?
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

They are a lot more than FPS and still more involved than HL, in my opinion. (edit: except Fallout 1, which was a 3rd person pseudo-3d thing. Still it was highly enjoyable at the time :) )
It's all about the story; it's always a post-apocalyptic world, lots of radiation, mutated bad guys, struggling settlements...and details and more story. A story where your decisions make a difference. (eg in fallout 3 you could decide the fate of a settlement: mushroom cloud or prosperity) All in a setting of the remnants of a slithtly alternative 50's; the music & "atomic" gadgets, etc.
There's quite a bit of RPG-type stuff going on (xp, level-up) but it's spiced with a perks-system, and a fighting system that you can do almost w/o FPS'ing (they call it the VATS system)

This last incarnation though, is a bit different. Vats seems to be tuned back a bit, but you can actually build out your settlements. Or more accurately; you have to. It's part of the game. And by building I mean wall by wall, fence, door, defence structures etc, with scavenged resources.

by the way, any of you guys been in a storm yet? Freaky big lightning storm came around...irradiated the shit out of me, too! It started with a sound that scared the crap out of me, as it was almost the same that the one marking the start of a psi-storm in stalker...I was sheltering in a shed aboveground. It did not help against the rads.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Big Kev wrote:I haven't played any of the Fallout games. Are they just FPS alien jobs? A bit like Doom. Or a bit more involved like half life?

Not sure if i'm the best to comment as i've only played fallout 3, but ill give it anyway. I bailed on fallout 3 about half way through because it wasn't my thing. It's kinda open worldish, sort of, but also very story driven. I felt like I needed to be enjoying it with a mate in co-op but that doesn't seem to be a thing. It's a lot more involved than half life. I have been told I was doing it wrong because I grew bored of side missions, and that's meant to be what it's all about. It was one of those games I felt like I should like because everyone does, but I just couldn't get into it... I wanna be in on what everyone is loving but i'm not sure I understand it.

Perhaps fallout 4 is a whole new experience, I actually absolutely love the post apocalyptic theme, so i'm really quite confused as to why I didn't take to it, and kinda annoyed at myself even. I'm glad everyone loves it, I just wish I could too. I wish there was co-op.