No Man's Sky

General game chat
Shonky

Re: No Man's Sky

Post by Shonky »

Any more time into it guys, is it worth a buy yet? I'm close to caving even with the issues only cause I just finished Rise of the Tomb Raider and I'm bored. :rofl:
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

This is one game I'm glad I pirated before laying down money.

It's minecraft in space with better graphics. Repetitive. The planets might be different, but it's the same shit on each and every one. Land, farm shit, build shit, discover shit... Rinse and repeat.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

As some have been calling the PC version.. Arkham's Sky.

Hit and miss per peoples and machines with the same specs, drivers and what not.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

Thanks r8, I thought it would be a grind.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Well I caved, I had a bit of fun with it for a couple of hours last night, seems to run ok on my system, flying with the mouse is annoying as fek, only time will tell if the fun continues or it becomes a grind for me too.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Figured out you can buy ships you see land in space stations etc by going to the cockpit and talking to the pilot. Was 1.5M for a big ship with 24 slots so I'm busy trying to make money now.

Found a moon which seemed to have a lot of suit storage upgrade locations but now that I've got enough money to buy them I can't remember which one it was. Got 19 slots now.

Almost ran out of Plutonium on a planet that didn't appear to have any. I guess if that happened you'd have to go trekking until you found enough in the containers around buildings. You'd be shit outta luck if it's got a lot of oceans. In Elite they say not to fly if you can't cover the insurance. I guess here it's don't land if you don't have the fuel to take off again.

Says I'm ~17800 from the center. Only made 1 jump so far.

EDIT: Just checked and I'm actually 176440ly from the center.
Last edited by DarrenM on Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Put in a few more hours today, enjoying cruising around checking things out and upgrading bits and pieces, into my 3rd system but haven't travelled far at all as I've gone sideways exploring, rather than following the shortest route to the centre.

Got myself new ship, found an abandoned ship on one of those transmission things you pay for with a bypass chip, transferred over the valued contents and then set to repairing it, it was only a 1 slot upgrade but every slot counts.

Good game if you just want something to chill with, if you constantly need a goal it's probably not for you.

No idea how far I am from the centre, could even be further than when I started.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

It's definitely a game where you chuck on and just chill. I certainly don't feel like I've achieved yet. I don't regret buying it and i think over time I'll get my moneys worth

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Hello :aussie:
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Think I'll stick with Eve online to chill with.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

If you want money.. Gravitino Balls are where it is at.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

I found my first gravitino ball last night, then got my arse handed to me by the "extreme" rated sentinel presence on the planet that shoot on sight, and if you retaliate, they then deploy elite sentinels who strip your shields off quicker than you can recharge them, was a pretty intense 60 seconds. Was pretty hectic trying to get to my grave and back to my ship without returning fire.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Wait...get to your grave? So how does death work here after all, if I may ask?
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

Like any other game where after you die you have a short amount of time to collect items dropped after you died?

Saves the player loosing everything.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Thanks wabs, I did not know this was the industry standard - but then I'm not playing too many games lately, and pretty much no mmo at all.
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

wabbit wrote:Like any other game where after you die you have a short amount of time to collect items dropped after you died?

Saves the player loosing everything.
That's essentially it, I was lucky as it was within spitting distance of where I landed my ship (it saves each time you leave your ship), as to whether there is a timer on how long your gear hangs around is unknown to me.
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

You can fight/glitch them with any ridge or hole in the ground for easy aiming.. for the PS4 users here.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

wobblysauce wrote:If you want money.. Gravitino Balls are where it is at.
They don't stack though. Emeryl has been the best for me so far on a units per slot basis, but maybe I got lucky finding a planet that had big blobs of it everywhere.
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

I bought this to play with my 11-year-old daughter. Hope to fire it up tonight. It seems perfect for a parent-kid game, and might get her to stop talking about Minecraft all the time.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Happened along a rather nasty planet with high radiation and extreme storms last night, it is covered in these farting ball plants that yield calcium when shot which is classed as an "exotic" material, worth 2888 units each on the planet I am on, and they stack to 250 per slot so I'm making hay while the sun shines so to speak.

Tip of the day - stuck on a planet in a storm and can't find a cave nearby, break out the grenade launcher and blow your own tunnel into the side of a hill, instant shelter. With my current load out it takes 5 grenades to make the tunnel deep enough to be classed as shelter.
petey

Post by petey »

Yeah. I spent 3 million on a ship with 24 slots purely because I liked the look of it. Have around 20 exosuit slots. Been through 2 black holes, working my way to the centre as quick as I can now.

Essentially I'm doing quick scouts on planets, if they have plenty resources or are friendly and good for units I will stop. Otherwise just keep moving onwards.
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Apparently people have found crashed ships with 45 slots, so it's still worthwhile looking for wrecks.

Found this mod to get rid of the chromatic aberration filter.
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

DarrenM wrote:
wobblysauce wrote:If you want money.. Gravitino Balls are where it is at.
They don't stack though. Emeryl has been the best for me so far on a units per slot basis, but maybe I got lucky finding a planet that had big blobs of it everywhere.
I saw this clever bit of advice on Whirlpool that allows you to stack them:
You build a piece of tech that uses them and then deconstruct it. It'll create a stack of them in your inventory. Then you just keep adding to the stack.

List of tech that uses them: http://nomanssky.gamepedia.com/Gravitino_Ball#Crafting
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

DarrenM wrote:Apparently people have found crashed ships with 45 slots, so it's still worthwhile looking for wrecks.

Found this mod to get rid of the chromatic aberration filter.
45? How the hell am I getting by with only 17 lol. Might be time to keep finding more wrecks and upgrading over and over.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Im still rocking default. Constant messages about running out of inventory lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Hello :aussie:
petey

Post by petey »

My rough guess on how many exosuit slots I had was wrong. Actually on 31 and still running out of space constantly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.