No Man's Sky

General game chat
wabbit

Re: No Man's Sky

Post by wabbit »

Shonky wrote:Got a source for this information?
There was something on Reddit however later on it was marked as a misleading title.

Oh this was it.

http://www.inquisitr.com/3458500/no-man ... play-time/
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Different link, was Steam only.. now 'Sony and Amazon U.S.' are issuing refunds.

Here is another Reddit topic about it.

You can apply for the refund as you usually do. Hopefully, I saved a lot of people some money that would be better used. Reapply if need be, select reason as bad performance or false advertising.

Open a ticket if you are denied by the automated system.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Well I put it down as not matching the videos/pictures option and did it to the Steam wallet pre-empting the idea they Valve might be more inclined to do that but it wasn't to be.

I didn't expect I'd get a refund, I just figured it was worth a try, and I put it down as a lesson learnt, wait till reviews are out, and also give the gaming populace a chance to review it as well.
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

Shonky wrote:I put it down as a lesson learnt, wait till reviews are out, and also give the gaming populace a chance to review it as well.
I hear you. For years now I've been voting with my money. Unless the game is highly rated and reviews and YouTube stuff matches my expectations, it's a no buy or buy once it's super cheap.

Weirdly, players (consumers) have an equal stake in crap games. If we stopped pre-ordering or even paying for shit games, the market would be forced to change (for the most part).
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

http://www.gamerevolution.com/manifesto ... time-37449
Steam Is Accepting No Man's Sky Refunds By Users With More Than 2 Hours Of Playtime

This was the one I read, but still I have gotten refunds before with over 2hrs played.. 2hrs, is just the guaranteed time.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

wabbit wrote:If we stopped pre-ordering or even paying for shit games, the market would be forced to change (for the most part).
True. However, let's not forget, on early access games you've got until release date + 2 weeks to get a refund. That's very hard to say no to. :) Especially if the game is already fun & playable.
Like I've bought RimWorld the other day. I can hardly put it down. And it's early access - if I get bored with it, I can give it back anytime (I can highly recommend it, by the way).
So this is the structure I'm very willing to go with.

Another thing; when I've found 10-20 hours of fun in a game, and it was under $30 or so, then I'll just compare it to going to the movies and watching a mediocre one. No biggie. Unless it's a bug mountain, I can't stand that. (but then it usually comes out much earlier, so I can go for a refund with steam)
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
richo

Post by richo »

Well it seems Steam thinks asking for a refund after 46 hours of play isn't on oddly enough :)

Still worth a shot.
[]D [] []v[] []D
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

richo wrote:Well it seems Steam thinks asking for a refund after 46 hours of play isn't on oddly enough :)

Still worth a shot.
Yeah I think if you go in with 3 or 4 hrs played they'll be lenient...46, now that's a lot. That's over a week's worth of play (for a normal person ;) )
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

wabbit wrote:
Shonky wrote:I put it down as a lesson learnt, wait till reviews are out, and also give the gaming populace a chance to review it as well.
I hear you. For years now I've been voting with my money. Unless the game is highly rated and reviews and YouTube stuff matches my expectations, it's a no buy or buy once it's super cheap.

Weirdly, players (consumers) have an equal stake in crap games. If we stopped pre-ordering or even paying for shit games, the market would be forced to change (for the most part).
Yeah I'm with you on the pre-order thing, last game I pre-ordered was Simcity and that's the reason I haven't pre-ordered anything since, I was just impatient cause I'd finished another game the day after the release of NMS and didn't know what to play next, and I wasn't smart enough to realise people were still in the honeymoon period when making my decision based on what people were telling me. Note to self wait at least 72 hours after release before reading any reviews. :p
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

Honeymoon period. Love it, it's so true.

"This is teh bestest game eva!"
1 week later
"I've traded that shit game in"
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

I'm so annoyed i bought it on the ps store. Their refund policy is basically non existent

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Hello :aussie:
hylas

Post by hylas »

I put a refund request in with GOG, with a basic message stating the game crashes and it would appear this is a widespread issue that many people are getting not just me. I got a reply asking if I want store credit or wait a few days for a cash refund. Looks promising, will be glad to see it removed from my library.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

What's the issue with the game? I've read back a couple of pages, is it just not people's cuppa? I was kinda curious about it

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-UL00 using Tapatalk
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

The game is basically a great tech demo on procedural generation, but as a game it is really simplistic and stupidly repetitive.

Essentially you gather materials to repair your first ship, and from then on you gather more materials to upgrade your current ship, or sell the materials to make currency to buy upgraded ships.

The easiest way I can think to describe the game, it is strip mining in Minecraft without any pay off.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Subnautica.

Cheaper, better.
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

https://asmb.itch.io/no-marios-sky

No Mario's Sky
Just your run of the mill mario-explores-the-universe game. Made in 72 hours for Ludum Dare 36.

Featuring 10s of Goombas, An Infinite Universe, Muscle Toad, "Original" Music, "Faithful" Physics, Social Commentary about Interplanetary Colonialism, and a Radical Space Ship; No Mario's Sky is the hackneyed remake-gone-mashup you've been craving.

Fun game.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

People never learn.

If people keep buying games on pre-order instead of waiting a couple of weeks, they'll keep marketing them with bullshit.
petey

Post by petey »

I bought it on release day, without going in with any hype other than seeing a trailer at E3 time. Was still disappointed.

Not a pre-order problem - a shit game problem.
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

At the start for a $20 release.. then the Sony hype train kicked in, with that feature creep and for a $60ish game you really need to polish it.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Polish it? You need to actually add the features of said feature creep to make it worth the $60, fuck Sony and fuck Hello Games I reckon.
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Sshh not so loud..

Oh well.. refunds for all.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

richo

Post by richo »

It was a rip at $60.00 minus many of the "revolutionary features" but I don't mind the game to be honest.

Ton of things that suck about it but I like the exploration and finding exotic minerals etc I can only hope they patch the arse out of it but at present rate that's just a hope.
[]D [] []v[] []D
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

wobblysauce wrote:Oh well.. refunds for all.
I still don't know why you are pushing that line when it's clearly not the case.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Shonky wrote:
wobblysauce wrote:Oh well.. refunds for all, except shonky.
I still don't know why you are pushing that line when it's clearly not the case.
fixed.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Haha I guess so.