No Man's Sky

General game chat
DarrenM

Re: No Man's Sky

Post by DarrenM »

A guy managed to get a PS4 copy early and posted some game footage.

Shaun

Post by Shaun »

And its been taken down

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Hello :aussie:
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Patch notes for the day 1 patch. Sounds like there's 3 story arcs you can do depending on how you play.

http://www.no-mans-sky.com/2016/08/update-1-03/

Found it's $20AUD cheaper on gog. Think I'll grab it and see how it goes, with the goal being to get to the center of the galaxy.
hylas

Post by hylas »

I too have bought this on gog. $60 USD on steam or $61.99 AUD on gog. Pretty easy choice there.

I thought there were multiple galaxies in this game? Or you don't care and just want to get to the centre of your starting galaxy?
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

I think Darren meant centre of the universe, patch notes mention changes to galaxies so there are definitely multiples of these.
The Universe – we changed the rules of the universe generation algorithm. Planets have moved. Environments have changed biomes. Galaxies have altered shape. All to create greater variety earlier. Galaxies are now up to 10x larger.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Yeah, they seem to have mixed up terms a few times but that post said "galaxies" plural, so nfi what the structure will be. They and some of the leak players have suggested a goal is to get to the center of whatever it is, so that's what I plan to do. Gotta at least have some underlying purpose, right? :)

If I'm in one of multiple galaxies then I'll get to the center of that, then see what's possible.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Getting to the middle has always been the main point of the game. On the way there you get to pick up on the story's and sides of other races.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

It's All lies man.

No multiplayer at all. Just syncing of planet names
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Watched a few lets plays over lunch of the ps4 version and I'm a little more optimistic about it than I have been previously, not quite ready to buy but at least I am interested now.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Waiting to hear what people think. I'm tempted from people hyping it up though lol

been reading this and already am much more intrigued
http://www.polygon.com/features/2016/8/ ... w-10-hours
richo

Post by richo »

Buckled , bought it .
[]D [] []v[] []D
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Same damnit haha

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

Having watched a few video's, it just reminds me of SPORE. A shallow game working off one gimmick.
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Bit late for that. The gameplay leaks are what I based mine on. Aside from those early leaks, it's been out on PS4 for a couple days. Plenty of gameplay video and impressions out there to base a PC preorder decision on.
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Sounds like it starts in a similar fashion (same as most survival games I guess) but after that I don't know. I bought Subnautica for the Rift support but didn't get far with it because the xbox controller mappings didn't work properly. I think they've fixed that now though.

Reviews have been pretty mixed. Seems to be a love it or hate it kind of game. I guess people who didn't like Elite won't like this either, but I got 300+ hours out of that game.
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

NMS is a hyper colour Elite.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

So it seems the PC release is not with out its issues, and looks to be a PS4 port..

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

richo

Post by richo »

Oh Joy ! Consolitis
[]D [] []v[] []D
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Ouch!

For a site that has been spamming this constantly for a week to turn around and say this, is pretty damning of the PC release quality.
http://www.polygon.com/2016/8/12/124564 ... -pc-issues
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Played it for a couple hours. No stability issues, but the game does occasionally pause for 1/2 a second which can be a bit annoying. Frame rate doesn't seem all that smooth but I haven't played with the settings much, apart from disabling vsync and uncapping the frame rate.

The UI is clearly designed for PS4/gamepad and is a bit annoying to use with the mouse but not too bad once I got used to it. It also feels like the camera is out in front of the pivot point which felt weird at first but I stopped noticing it pretty quickly. Biggest issue I have at the moment is that the view axis sensitivity doesn't appear to affect the mouse. I have to swipe the mouse multiple times to turn around.

I've fixed my ship and flew up to a space station. Tried using the galaxy map to see where I was in the grand scheme of things and it made no sense to me.

The game saves when you exit your ship. Started from scratch a couple times when restarting the game to apply graphics settings before I figured that out.
petey

Post by petey »

Have put maybe 5 hours in on ps4. It has begun to get a bit repetitive. However am trying to keep the purpose of heading to the centre via my own wandering way.

Main gripe is that random enemy ship encounters have been totally outnumbering me rendering any resistance futile. Which leads to the discovery dying doesn't matter.

Also the control of the ship when on a planet is very limited which is frustrating. I would like to be able to do my own landings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.