No Man's Sky

General game chat
richo

Re: No Man's Sky

Post by richo »

Man I suck something fierce at space combat, how the hell do you shoot the fuckers down they seem 100 more agile than my ship.
[]D [] []v[] []D
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

You're not on your own and the controls don't help none either, I'm using a specced up laser rather than the photon cannon which seems to help, lots of damage in short bursts cause thats about all I can manage to stay on target for.
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

How to make money in No Man's Sky - seems ridiculously easy...

http://www.businessinsider.sg/how-to-ma ... FUkVmQW.97
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

There isn't much to the game. I think cheesing it like that would take the fun out of it pretty quickly.

Bit like in Elite where people used exploits to get an Anaconda then didn't know what to do next since getting the bigger ships provides a lot of the motivation in the game.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

I agree Darren, while it's tempting to race to riches, I'm steering clear of any money making guides for this game, this sort of thing among others ruined Elite for me.
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

Difficult introduction for Ava and I. We started on a planet with almost constant acid rain and no caves nearby to shelter, so trips away from the ship needed to be short. Finally fixed the scanner and found Heridium more than 11 minutes away. Got to a ? symbol which turned out to be a sort of moonbase, with no shields and heaps of toxic damage. Really on the last legs. Then a message pop-up on the laptop and couldn't alt-tab back! Argh. Start again tomorrow. Bit frustrating.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Love the trading.. lazy traders.. doing all the hard work then going, ya dont need to get out of my ship.

Got the link for the list posted on the Reddits. Persons Posts and Account was deleted not long after this..
Where's the NMS we were sold on? Here's a big list of things that are missing from the game, complete with source links for everything and quotes. Also, an unpleasant revelation concerning how the game is being advertised. (LONG post)
https://archive.is/V5Zns

Nice troll video, shame about the feature creep and taking away multi-player.

A number that I know are looking at Empyrion.

Empyrion - Galactic Survival is a 3D open world, space survival adventure in which you can fly across space and land on planets. Build, explore, fight and survive in a hostile galaxy full of hidden dangers.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

Wow, Empyrion looks great!

Added to following, tempted with the 9.99 USD price...
hylas

Post by hylas »

Well... I would have to say thank you to Sean Murray for giving me a better attitude towards buying games on pre-order. I honestly can't think of another dev that has bullshit'd as much as this twat. What a complete c**t of a human being...
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Still tooling around in this game, certainly feeling the grind now, if not for a second monitor to watch TV on I doubt I could go on with it as it is.

Starting to see a pattern with survival games these days, Minecraft, Rust, Dayz, ARK, H1Z1, 7days, the list is a long one, none of them are finished and are still early access and in the case of NMS should be still in early access, maybe it's time I gave the whole survival genre a break for a very long time, because they all end up sucking for me at some point.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

I got a bit frustrated with it yesterday. Went to a bunch of systems looking for a bigger ship but they all had 23 slots. 1 less than my current ship. So I decided to push to the center thinking maybe you get better ones as you get closer. Went through 3 black holes, but after that I haven't seen another Space Anomaly for ages. I'm at 169k from the center now and if I can't find more black holes that's going to a long slog.

Collecting resources for the highest warp drive upgrade, but it's going to take up 12 slots for the resources before I can make it. Luckily I have about 35 slots in my suit.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

RNGeezus fucked you there mate, apparently you either get + or - 1 on the crash landed ships, I had five -1s yesterday before I got an upgrade.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Shonky wrote:Still tooling around in this game, certainly feeling the grind now, if not for a second monitor to watch TV on I doubt I could go on with it as it is.

Starting to see a pattern with survival games these days, Minecraft, Rust, Dayz, ARK, H1Z1, 7days, the list is a long one, none of them are finished and are still early access and in the case of NMS should be still in early access, maybe it's time I gave the whole survival genre a break for a very long time, because they all end up sucking for me at some point.
Have you tried "don't starve" ? ;)
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

I did for a little while ysu, but I just couldn't get past the visual style, the reviews all reckon it's great and I don't doubt there is a good game there but I just can’t handle the look.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

I don't normally like this guys reviews, but he has nailed it this time round, I couldn't disagree with anything said.

NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Glad I spent $0 on this!
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

You can tell the guy has a serious lying problem... he just says yes to every question that is asked like 'oh that's a good idea.. yes i guess thats in the game'
hylas

Post by hylas »

Enforcer-J wrote:You can tell the guy has a serious lying problem... he just says yes to every question that is asked like 'oh that's a good idea.. yes i guess thats in the game'
Pretty much, he comes across as a compulsive liar. When questioned on twitter about the lack of multiplayer and then responding with his bullshit ow wow, people have actually met each other ingame already. Paints a pretty big picture. I don't think he would be able to go 24hrs without lying.
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

Enforcer-J wrote:You can tell the guy has a serious lying problem... he just says yes to every question that is asked like 'oh that's a good idea.. yes i guess thats in the game'
I noticed the same and I can't help but think Sony is mostly at fault. The way I see is Hello Games knew they didn't have the coin nor faith from games and needed Sony for everything but coding.

Sony saw a huge opportunity in something different for their platform and I'd guess Sony said "just be vague, don't fuck this up, we've spend a lot of money on you, we want a return on investment".

After thinking about the situation like that, re watching the vids the blokes facial expressions make sense :)
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Or they just fucked up regardless of Sony's involvement.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Either way the blokes credibility is trashed now, if and when Hello Games does another game, many people won't touch it regardless of whether it's any good, I know I won't trust anything this bloke says in the future.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

If you got the game though Steam, and are not happy with it, there doing refunds no matter how long you have put into it.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
petey

Post by petey »

Yeah traded it in. After doing so I came home and decided to youtube what's at the center of the galaxy. Even more happy I traded it in now.
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

wobblysauce wrote:If you got the game though Steam, and are not happy with it, there doing refunds no matter how long you have put into it.
Got a source for this information? I put 27hrs into it before I uninstalled it, I'd be surprised if I would get my money back if I was to request it.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

I guess don't believe everything you read wobbles.
Hello Shonky 
We have reviewed your refund request.We are unable to refund this purchase to your Steam Wallet at this time. Your playtime of an included product exceeds 2 hours (our refund policy maximum).