Automobilista Motorsports Simulator (Rieza Studios)

General game chat
Dr. Pain

Re: Automobilista Motorsports Simulator (Rieza Studios)

Post by Dr. Pain »

I've just played it for the first time an saw all those F1 cars and team name. Can understand why now it's not on steam.

As for the game, it looks like rFactor in terms of the date of the graphics, very 2005. But the sounds are great and the FFB is amazing. What I drove felt good, very good, but formula V10 feels like cheating with TC and auto up change.

I don't think it's worth the $64 I paid for it though. But I dilly dallied and missed it on steam when it was cheaper so my own fault. I like it but it's too expensive.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Dr. Pain wrote:I've just played it for the first time an saw all those F1 cars and team name. Can understand why now it's not on steam.

As for the game, it looks like rFactor in terms of the date of the graphics, very 2005. But the sounds are great and the FFB is amazing. What I drove felt good, very good, but formula V10 feels like cheating with TC and auto up change.

I don't think it's worth the $64 I paid for it though. But I dilly dallied and missed it on steam when it was cheaper so my own fault. I like it but it's too expensive.
thats a bastard doc. I agree. maybe not worth 60 odd, but it gangs of fun
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

It is fun. I like the fact you can just jump in from installing it, thrash anything in the game with no worries about tweaking FFB or controls and, you can go quite quick right off the bat. The sounds got me though. Those V10 and V12 F1 cars sound bloody awesome and the have nailed the V8 Supercar sound.

Now I have it I will play it cause it does put a smile on my dial. :)
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Paul Jeffrey of Race Department wrote:Reiza Studios have again made available for purchase new racing simulator Automobilista Motorsports Simulator after a recent Copyright Infringement claim forced the Brazilian studio to withdraw the title from Steam.

On March 29th 2016 small Brazilian development team Reiza Studios were forced to withdraw from sale new racing simulator Automobilista Motorsports Simulator (AMS) due to an undisclosed copyright claim by an external party.

At the time of withdrawal Reiza's Renato Simioni rightfully refused to confirm details of the claim other than stating that no specific reference to content allegedly in breach of copyright has been referenced.

As is the rules with any such DMCA claim if the claiming party fail to escalate the claim to the courts within two weeks of the initial notice (i.e. no actual legal motion against what has been claimed to be in breach of copyright) then the subject of said claim can return to its original position and resume sale.

This is a fantastic piece of news for the sim racing community in general and Reiza Studios in particular as AMS is showing signs of being a significant step forward from previous titles produced by the studio.

Indeed despite much speculation and suggestions from the sim racing community no official confirmation of the copyright claim and content claimed against has been released by either Reiza or the claiming party. It is advisable to not begin speculation on this subject again and just simply rejoice that the potential impact on both Reiza and the sim racing scene in general has been minimal and studios such as Reiza can continue releasing high quality racing tracks and vehicles for sim racing enthusiasts to enjoy.

The whole episode has been an unfortunate blot on what is otherwise an enjoyable pastime for many people and I for one am glad that common sense has prevailed and we can all get on with what we enjoy most: Racing these wonderful machines.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Oh FFS! I paid $49 through their website and it's $34 on steam :bang:
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

The latest update for the popular game contains a number of new fictional skins across a range of its open wheel content alongside updated AI and sounds for some cars.
Of particular interest to many online racers, is the new attempt to fix a frustrating controller bug that causes occasional loss of wheel functionality for some players.
Automobillista continues in the Steam Early Access program while Reiza build up the title prior to a full version 1 launch in the coming weeks.

Build v0.8.9r Changelog:
Added new controller / FFB recovery mechanism in attempt to rectify occasional loss of functionality in between sessions
Added extra information & reprofiled dashboard displays to better represent real counterparts (for Lancer Cup, Marcas, F-Extreme, Metalmoro MR18 - remaining cars to be updated in the following update)
Repainted skins for several fictional series
Goiania: Updated AI
Marcas: Updated external sounds
Dukester

NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Dr. Pain wrote: As for the game, it looks like rFactor in terms of the date of the graphics, very 2005.
it is rFactor.

they are a modding team that went commercial.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Today, Reiza Studios released a new build update featuring a selection of tweaks and fixes.
The development team also continued updating several livery skins of the Formula Reiza car model.

Build v0.9.0 Changelog:
Added new alternative sky/cloud texture sets + function to randomly load different sets in each session.
Tweaked tire scrub / skid sound logic to generally improve audio feedback.
Adjusted tire volume slider to go up to 200%.
Partially disabled advanced tranny code for sequential boxes while some remaining bugs are ironed out.
Reprofiled dashboard displays for Supertrucks & karts.
Repainted skins for the F-Reiza cars.
Updated Mini & Camaro championship track calendar.
F-V10: Added Soft tire compound and made it the default option.
F-V12: Removed duplicated teams from v0.8.9.
F3: Corrected fuel consumption.
Supertruck: Removed redundant engine boost effects which were mistakenly left on.
MIT Lancer: Removed launch control functionality which were mistakenly left on.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Reiza Studios have given backers of last summer’s crowd-funding campaign access to a brand new beta of their Automobilista title, including a brand new car – The Boxer Cup.
Thankfully for those who aren’t among the elite group that get to try the new version yet, Ak1504 has shared a video of the car in action at Virgina Raceay.
The Boxer Cup seems to be very much inspired by a particular brand of German sports cars as Reiza seems to be looking for creative ways to get around licensing restrictions while still giving players some of the most-requested cars to race with.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Reiza Studios have released the highly anticipated v0.9.3 Early Access build for Automobilista featuring a long list of bug fixes and game optimisations, along with a new car in the Boxer Cup and a new track in Virginia International Raceway (three layouts).

The Boxer Cup looks to essentially be a Porsche Carrera Cup car, which for fans of the sim, is a greatly appreciated addition considering much of the games' 'obscure content'. Additionally if you've ever seen a Porsche Carrera Cup race, you'll know that the racing is brutally close, so there's that to look forward to.

Virginia International Raceway (VIR) is also a massive addition to the game as it's a break away from the majority of Brazilian tracks found in game. Considered as one of America's Crown Jewel race tracks, VIR was first opened in 1957 and since then has been used for categories such as NASCAR, ISMA GT, the American Le Mans Series and the Rolex Sports Car Series.

Changelog
New track: Added Virginia International Raceway (3 layouts).
New series: Added Boxer Cup series (hotfix to address team names will come up shortly).
Fixed a bug with LCD displays that could cause the game to crash after loading a session in certain conditions.
Added a Series .SRS auto-sort function - SRS files no longer need to be named "REIZAXX", and the game will automatically sort their main menu listing in alphabetical order, with original series coming first - slots REIZA01-28 & REIZA99 are reserved for Reiza original content, mods can use REIZA29 up to 99 OR any other name of the modder´s preference; New REIZAXX must be in upper-case.
Added a reset sound event to mute replay sounds at the end of the replay.
Added an extra state to virtual mirror cycle to display the in-car mirrors, but not the virtual mirrors.
Added option for mapping multiple commands to the same key / button.
Increased maximum race lap limit from 100 to 500.
Added extra custom AI physics values to improve AI stability & re-callibrated AI performance for various series.
Revised Portuguese, french & Spanish localization (work still in progress).
Added parameter to define engine layout & orientation, and set cars with transverse engines (Marcas, Mini, Lancers, Karts) accordingly.
Revised aeromap for several cars.
Fixed bug with windshields of various cars becoming transparent at night.
Reprofiled LCD displays for Superkart, SuperV8, StockV8, F-V12, F-Classic.
Updated font alpha in all Motec-style displays & added a function to light up background when headlights are switched on.
Updated sky textures & added 2 new packs.
DynHUD: Fixed reading Config.ini with UTF-16 (This also fixes the "editor starting with white screen" bug); fixed editor to access the correct data folder; Improved viewport detection and change reaction; Renders on top of big monitor now; MapWidget now renders item positions correctly again; Improved on-track detection for MapWidget; Fixed textures to be properly updated after configuration loaded.
Curitiba: Smoothed out section near 200m board in the main straight.
Supertruck: revised tire physics.
F-Vee: Fixed rollbar LOD distance.
Opala: Fixed championship scoring not computing.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Reiza Studios has released Early Access Hotfix v0.9.35 and v0.9.36 for their popular Automobilista racing simulator.
Updates V0.9.35 and V0.9.36 both contain a batch of fixes and improvements addressing some issues that were introduced with the V0.9.3 release.

Changelog Hotfix v0.9.35:
Fixed bug which caused AI cars to appear “sinking” in a saved replay (may compromise older replays)
DynHUD: Hopefully fixed instabilities in displayed lap times; Vehicle number from VehicleInfo is now handled as a String; Fixed FastestLapWidget visibility in non race sessions
Corrected bug with auto-blip not being effective with sequential boxes
Added remaining modified skins for F-Retro, F-Classic, F-V12
Adjusted flat spot textures to be darker (more visible)
Tweaked AI behavior to be a bit less aggressive in close racing conditions
VIR: Moved trash cans back in Pit Area, included updated road texture
F-Reiza: Fixed bug with soft tire not producing flat spots
F-Extreme: Adjusted default setup
Boxer Cup: Added team names; adjusted wheel rates, aero & tire wear
StockV8: Corrected minor error with rear left damper
F3: Revised tires, adjusted aero draft effects
MR18: Fixed error with aero balance in draft
Kart 125cc: Fixed RPM clipping above 10k revs
Kart Rental: Fixed bug with tires not picking up dirt

EDIT: We´ve verified a bug with floating opponent cars in multiplayer so we´ve just committed another small update to address it. They may still appear floating in saved replays from multiplayer sessions, this will be fixed in the next update.
Changelog Hotfix v0.9.36 changelog:
Fixed bug causing opponent cars to appear “floating” in multiplayer
Fixed Boxer Cup championship mode to load the correct series
DynHUD: Fixed multiview support for MapWidget
Slightly tweaked AI performance for F-Extreme, F-3 & Boxer Cup
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Reiza Studios have given us the first teaser of the legendary British racetrack: Cadwell Park, soon to be released in Automobilista.
This beautiful ribbon of tarmac weaves its way through eight kilometres of English countryside (Lincolnshire to be exact) and features vast expanses of grassy run-off and huge undulation changes. Whilst there is no release date given, the British track has been announced and in the works for some time. In addition to Cadwell Park, Reiza is planning to implement Brands Hatch, Oulton Park, Imola and Hockenheim further down the road.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Reiza Studios have released version 0.9.4 of the Steam Early Access title Automobilista and with it brings a number of useful updates to the game.

Notable enhancements include work on in-game shaders and lighting to bring about a more accurate and realistic feel to the many unique circuits. Work on improving particle display from dust and dirt kicked up by cars on track has been undertaken and could support better performance as well as stutter reduction for some users.

Build v0.9.4 changelog:
Fixed UI bug that could cause game to crash when clicking to exit it
Adjusted shaders & environment RGB settings for some lighting & color accuracy improvements
Adjusted AI slip reaction (improving reaction to front wheel grip loss)
Slightly improved collision detection & reaction (also slightly improves AI awareness to other cars)
Corrected TV Cockpit camera orientation rate in several cars
Fixed error which caused dust smoke from the dirt side of the road to be almost invisible (might actually resolve some performance / stuttering issues too)
Fixed bug with Salvador & Ribeirão dynamic road conditions not working
DynHUD: TelemetryInfo.mLapDistance is zeroed before crossing S/F line in a race session; Fixed NPE in LaptimesRecorder
Further tweaking to AI behavior to tone down aggression in close racing conditions (does not apply to mod cars or tracks unless these use the same AIW values)
Corrected AI qualifying performance in several tracks (were missing the ratio parameter that makes AI slightly faster in quali)
VIR: Tweaked road spec and changed event dates, updated skies accordingly
Spielberg (all versions): Shot down misplaced birds
Boxer Cup: LOD optimization; corrected skin alpha channels; callibrated AI performance; tweaked default Setup & tire physics
F-Extreme: Fixed bug with DRS flap opening not being visible; Fixed visibility of driver arms in T-Cam; Corrected wheel mount position & RPM leds; Set minimal weight to 702kg as per 2015 rules; adjusted weight distribution & tire physics
F-Reiza: Adjusted tire physics; Corrected wheel mount position & RPM leds
F-V10: Adjusted traction control scale levels
F-3: Corrected onboard cameras
Opalas: Fixed shift light not working

Whilst the recent build update contains many fixes and improvements to a title already shaping up nicely during this Early Access phase a couple of legacy issues still remain from previous versions. The in game DynHUD is still prone to freezing in Multiplayer when switching to race and saved multiplayer replays continue to present the appearance of floating cars when on track. Reiza advise they intend to address these issues in the next update, along with some other Multiplayer-related tasks.
Dukester

norbs

Post by norbs »

These are fucking great fun.

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Automobilista – Road to v1.0

Things continue to progress nicely towards v1.0, some are further along than others but while official release will not represent the end of new features or content for AMS, we´re pushing to wrap up a rock-solid v1.0 within the next few weeks.

With single player gameplay now mostly in pretty good shape, focus now is on wrapping up remaining functionality tasks, adding a few more options & ironing out the most significant bugs.

Multiplayer in particular will be at the forefront for v1.0 – the AMS Dedicated tool is already available for those who own AMS via Steam Tools, and if you are a league runner you may also PM me for a free Steam key for the Dedi Tool.

Content-wise, things are progressing at a nice pace – there´s a good chance the new Formula Vintage series will be added in time for v1.0 (and not post-release as estimated in the original dev roadmap). Below is a preview showing how the 3D modelling is coming along.

The beta is already up to v0.9.5 and it features two new pieces of content – the Copa Montana, which is the last piece of content remaining from our crowdfunding campaign back, and the wonderful semi-fictional Mendig Flugplatz, a vast scenario roaming in and around a german airport, which will present some very unique challenges,
Unfortunately we have had a setback with implementation of driver animations as the developer in charge has left the project, so that´s one feature unlikely to make it in time for v1.0. This remains an important development for AMS though and we´ll be aiming to add it post-release.

We´re pleased to announce the Virtual Xperience portal (VX), the place we hope will help stimulate the community´s engagement with & around Automobilista.

From VX you´ll be able to check the multiplayer lobby and join sessions, register & find a league for your favorite car in a time slot that suits you, measure your hotlapping skills in the AMS leaderboards, join one of our official public servers, share your setups & replays and more.

The most complex VX module is the AMS leaderboards and its integration with the game, so this is what @Luis Miguel, @Dave Stephenson & @Thiago Izequiel who are the headlining this project have mostly have been focusing on – currently only AMS Beta v0.9.5b is hooked up with the leaderboards so those who have it can already get your times up there. We hope to integrate the system into the next EA release as well.

The leaderboards are linked to the Time Trial mode, which as you may have seen is effectively a practice session run under fixed configurations (but not fixed car setup) – noon time, max track conditions, no AI, no tire wear or fuel consumption – the sole purpose is scoring hotlaps to the leaderboards & future hotlapping competitions. Player times are automatically synced up with the leaderboards via Steam, and you can check how it ranks against the others both from the in-game monitor while running a time trial session, as well as from the Virtual Xperience leaderboards, selecting the car / track combo you´re looking to check out.

The other VX modules are coming along as well but these will be topics for our next dev update,

Further good news is that VX should be hopefully nicely complemented by developments being made to the Sim Racing System to better integrate it with AMS – @Henrique Alves has presented more info about it here.

Very glad also to confirm the Brit Pack as our initial lot of premium DLCs for Automobilista.
Besides the previously announced 3 tracks (Brands Hatch / Cadwell / Oulton Park) and the Ultima GTR (both road and GT versions), we will also be adding the MCR Sports 2000 and several Caterham models to the roster.

As usual our target with AMS is to assemble a package that delivers the most diverse & fun racing experiences possible, and with the upcoming premium DLCs we aim to retain that focus, at the same time expanding into more international & well-known tracks. England is arguably the mecca of european motorsports with some of the most interesting tracks and cars in the world, and the brits happen to make up a sizeable portion of our user base so it´s only fitting that our first premium pack revolves around a sample of their vast motorsports scene. Most importantly, these kit cars on these tracks represent some of the most fun to be had on four wheels, and that´s what we´ll be push to capture in the sim

The 6 components of the Brit Pack will be sold in a package as well as individually via Steam, with prices at release ranging from US$ 1.99 (for the MCR) to US$ 4.99 for each track, or US$ 19.99 for the complete pack.

You can however secure all this content, plus all the other upcoming premium DLCs by acquiring our membership packs , currently selling for US$ 54.99 (full membership including base game) / US$ 24.99 (membership upgrade for those who already own AMS). Please note that these prices will still be upgraded to US$ 59.99 / US$ 29.99 respectively in time for AMS v1.0 release, so those who have not yet joined in should push not to miss the current pricing. The membership pack also grants access to the Reiza 51 dev forum, Beta development version of AMS, and the chance to try out all this content in advance as they reach beta status.

Worth noting that while some of this content had already been announced earlier on, the Caterhams and the MCR 2000 have just been added to the roster – that makes our membership packs pretty smart investing for those who had already bought into it at the original US$ 49.99 / US$ 19.99 pricing, as these extras will come at no additional cost to them (or indeed for those who participated in our crowdfunding campaign last year). With a couple of potential additions to the DLC roster still in the horizon, you should expect us to continue our trend in which the sooner you buy into our offerings, the more value you get for it. ;)

The contents of the Brit Pack are all officially licensed and we´re working in close proximity with the car manufacturers to ensure maximum accuracy; Alex has recently done recon trips to Brands Hatch & Cadwell Park, with Oulton Park scheduled for the end of the month.

The team is already well advanced on Brands & the road Ultima as you can see below:

We estimate the initial components of the Brit Pack to become available soon after v1.0 release, sometime in july, with Beta hopefully before the end of the month.

This about covers it for this June update – this was a big one! We hope you all enjoy the news. I look forward to catching up again in July, hopefully with AMS v1.0 release already behind us
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Reiza Studios has released Early Access build Version 0.9.6 for their popular Automobilista racing simulator.

As usual,the new build contains new features, fixes, and improvements to various parts of the sim. Version 0.9.6 brings you some fresh content in the form of the Copa Montana Series pickup trucks, and adds the Mendig Flugplatz track. For the moment, the track features one layout, but more will be added in the near future.

Changelog v0.9.6:
Content:

Added Copa Montana Series
Added Mendig Flugplatz (first of many layouts still to come for this venue)

Features & Fixes:

Added Time Trial integration with Virtual Xperience portal leaderboards (more about it here)
Integrated Steam Matchmaker into in-game Multiplayer lobby
Added new track limit violation system to clamp down excessive corner cutting & running wide (still subject to some track-specific fine-tuning – info & discussion about it here)
Adjusted tree shaders for improved lighting
Added alternative Interlagos, Kansai, Montreal, Spielberg track options removing GP-specific trackside objects and DRS / tire compound rules (same layout otherwise)
Fixed several multiplayer screen UI errors
DynHUD: Fixed HUD not displayed (properly) on multiplayer race start; Added a custom fix to Johannesburg track map; Fixed profile info being applied too late
VIR: Tweaked AI lines at Grand & Full layouts so they do a better job of avoiding dangerous curbs
F-Extreme Fixed oversized DRS textures which could cause memory overload
F-Retro: Fixed gear shift light not working
Boxer: Corrected off-center LCD display; Tweaked rear light; Fixed windshield reflection; Minor engine sound tweak; Minor adjustment to damper rates & rear wing; Increased default front anti-roll bar setting
Marcas: Minor tightening of tire slip angles & chassis inertia adjustment
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Patrick Giranthon has released a new version of his CART Extreme mod for Reiza’s Automobilista.
Originally created by Racing Line Developments and released for rFactor in 2009, CART Extreme features the full field of the 1998 CART season.

Download CART Extreme for Automobilista 1.11 Here

The original rFactor mod has been equipped with new features, including driver animations, improved physics and more as listed below.

CART Extreme for AMS includes:
Several graphics improvements (updated car shaders)
Moveable driver arms (from TV view only)
Revamped physics
Revamped sounds
flat spots, dirt pickup, etc

Along with all features from the original mod:
Full CART 1998 field (28 cars)
4 unique chassis (Reynard, Lola, Swift & Penske)
4 engines (Honda, Ford, Mercedes, Toyota)
2 tyre manufacturers (Firestone & Goodyear)
4 chassis specifications for road, short oval and speedway tracks
4 or 5 boosts (depends on tracks, roads, 4, Ovals, 5)
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Reiza Studios has released Early Access build Version 0.9.8 for their popular Automobilista racing simulator.
Build v0.9.8 contains new features, fixes, and improvements to various parts of the Automobilista racing simulator. This update introduces a set of new FFB functions and adds some new contend in the form of the Brazilian Speedland Kart circuit.

The new track contains 4 different layouts for you to race on.
The Speedland Kart circuit is situated in Tatuapé São Paulo, Brazil. The venue features a selection of indoor and outdoor configurations and contains a 300m straight and an 80m long tunnel. The complex also houses a slot car track, racing simulator rigs, an RC track, and a Formula 1 car replica.

Changelog v0.9.8:
Content:

Added Speedland Kart track venue (4 layouts)

Features & Fixes:
Enhanced pneumatic trail by adding new PneumaticTrailGripFractPower (PTGFP) function, for much improved self-aligning torque (should make tire forces more perceivable through FFB)
Tweaked FFB output code & added “FFB Low Force Boost” to Controller UI (this should help wheel “lightness” under low steering forces with lower end FFB controllers)
Added new low-speed FFB function to eliminate vibration / oscillation at very slow speeds
Revised default Realfeel settings and pneumatic trail values to match to new FFB functions
Added AIWs to Time Trial anti-cheat verification (this will lead to failed authentication in case of AIW edits)
Added function to sort cars of different performances within the same series for the TT leaderboards
Tweaked road dust smoke & skid properties
Brasilia: Tweaked track limits to allow running over green concrete run-off
VIR: Improved road & curb textures
Superkart: Adjusted tires, slight increase of front/rear track width
Karts: Adjusted tires
Montana: Adjusted mirror height; Fixed oversized interior Windshield resolution (from 2048px to 1024px)
Boxer: Added wiper to cockpit view; Corrected AI tire wear
Lancer Cup: Fixed pneumatic trail bug which numbed FFB output

As per the changelog, V0.9.8 features some substantial Force Feedback updates – read about these in the AMS FFB topic.

If you wish to discuss the new track limit violation system, please use this thread.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Renato Simioni wrote:Automobilista July Dev Update

V0.9.8 Release
A couple of weeks back we released AMS EA v0.9.8, which introduced some very nice FFB updates, along with the cool new indoor / outdoor Speedland kart circuit.

We are very pleased with these recent FFB developments, and believe they have provided a significant all-around step forward to the sim. If you haven´t tried AMS lately we strongly recommend you give it a go – your old favorites should feel better than ever, and it might even be worth checking out the cars you were not too fond of before, as the latest developments might help change that perception

V1.0 release coming up
We´ll be dropping out of our usual EA release schedule by not releasing a new EA update this friday, as all efforts are now concentrated towards wrapping v1.0 for an early august release. In the changelog attatched to this post you can see the latest changelog for the v0.9.9 build which is hitting Beta this friday. We are pushing to add to this list by introducing a couple of extra features along with some further polishing before wrap-up time. On the content side, our biggest addition will be the F-Vintage, our own “GPL” celebration of that heroic era in motorsports.

As it had been outlined in our AMS dev roadmap, the original plan was to do a single car based off a 1967 spec, V12 powered GP car, however we couldn´t resist spicing things up a bit by adding some diversity to the field, so we created an alternative version of the car by bolting a DFV V8 engine in place of the V12.

The late 1960s was of course also a very significant time in racing due to the “discovery” of downforce – we decided to explore that too by creating a low-winged, “1969” season of F-Vintages.

We are specially pleased with how the F-Vintage is turning out and fully expect the free addition of these beasts to be one of the main highlights in the upcoming v1.0 release. As usual campaign backers and Reiza members will be able to enjoy an advance peek of the Vintages along with the other developments set to hit AMS Beta this Friday.

On the track front, the biggest additions in v1.0 will be the inclusion of several extra layouts to existing tracks, the biggest one being the “long” 7km version of Mendig, which exits the airport to travel through the nearby village roads.

On the physics front, we´re working on the development of a brand new ECU model as conceived by @Niels Heusinkveld, which should provide a lot of important enhancements. So far, we’ve made considerable improvements to the way engine torque is generated as you ‘roll on’ the throttle, simulating the more advanced “throttle mapping” techniques from modern ECUs. Most noticeable in modern high powered cars, basically this will translate into more control when powering out of turns, as it will be easier to find the throttle position where you get the best acceleration without lighting up the tires in wheelspin. Your throttle ‘technique’ may need some adjusting though as the engine responds more directly at smaller throttle inputs.

The new model also allows us to do a few modern computerized engine control tricks such as changing power levels and engine braking for each gear. With the Formula Extreme up to v0.9.8 for example it is very tricky putting 900hp to the ground in 1st and 2nd gear, as you can very easily be turning half of that into white smoke. By limiting the engine power, it will be easier to optimize power delivery.

Engine braking can also have quite a disturbing effect on the balance of the car – this is specially so as you go down the gears, because the gearing amplifies the engine braking the more you downshift. The new model allows us to reduce engine braking in low gears so the rear end is less likely to lock as you’re downshifting and entering a turn.

This is all ‘passive’, not traction control so naturally you´ll still spin the tires by giving it too much throttle, but it may only happen at 70% throttle instead of 35% throttle which should be a big driveability improvement for the more powerful cars – a case of the sim becoming easier as models are developed to be more realistic.

We are pushing to have at least the throttle mapping side of the new ECU mode ready in time for v1.0 release.

There has also been some solid development to the VX Portal, and we´re hoping @Dave Stephenson will manage to deploy a new build for it this friday, including multiplayer Lobby integration, which beyond the ease of use of being able to launch multiplayer sessions from your browser should open some interesting possibilities

DLC Development
Things continue to progress nicely in the DLC front – Brands Hatch is now nearly complete and the team is well advanced with Cadwell Park.

During our Cadwell recon trip @Alex Sawczuk trialed a new method of surveying race tracks for increased accuracy. We used a digital level to take camber and elevation measurements at set points around the trace track and then using that data calculate the elevation changes. This allows us to get an accurate profile for the track, as well as its camber changes. We have also been using a laser measure along with good old basic tape to make all the key measurements, which coupled with Alex´s usual meticulous precision have led to some pretty hard to fault road modelling.

The cars are also coming along nicely – our audio man @Domagoj Lovric has added the soul to the Ultima GTR with yet another lovely sound set of its throaty Chevy LS7 V8.

Along with the road version of the Ultima GTR, we are also developing its race-prepped version of the Ultima GTR, here is a preview of its cockpit (will feature both right and left-hand options)

Both Ultima GTR and MCR Sports 2000 will soon be joined by a variety of Caterham models which had also been previously confirmed to be part of the Brit Pack – unlike previously announced though the Brit Pack won´t be restricted to these 3 new classes of vehicles, as another bonus car has been added to the list – watch this space!

We´re pushing to have these initial items of the Brit Pack available before the end of august, with beta a couple of weeks earlier.

Imola confirmed!
We´re very happy to confirm official licensing of the legendary Enzo & Dino Ferrari race track , which will be coming as its own premium DLC pack for Automobilista.

Legendary tracks become such after decades of rich racing heritage – we believe that in order for a sim to capture the history of corners such as Tosa, Tamburello and Rivazza it´s fundamental to reproduce those famous bits of terrain through the times, and race them with machines that belong to those eras.

Hence Imola will be the first of our “Legendary Race Tracks” line of DLCs, and will feature no less than four unique versions of the track: from early 70s, late 80s and early 00s, along of course the modern version of the track. This pack is estimated to sell for US$ 6.99, with release expected to be towards the end of october.

Worth remembering that those who took part in our crowdfunding campaign last year or bought into our membership pack have already secured all these upcoming DLCs at no extra charge. Those interested in securing all this content and also a chance to give the new stuff an early go should look into our membership packs from our forum store.

Automobilista base and the membership pack (both all-inclusive and ugprade options) remain with their promotional Early Access pricing in our forum store, selling for US$ 29.99 / US$ 54.99 / US$ 24.99 respectively – upon v1.0 release these prices will be upgraded to US$ 39.99 for AMS Base, US$ 59.99 for all-inclusive and US$ 29.99 for membership upgrade, so if you´re interested in AMS or in the DLCs at all you won´t want to miss out on these current offerings.

We´ll be offering a similar “Season Pass” for all DLCs through Steam upon v1.0 release along with options for the individual items and packs as they become available – the best deal however still is to acquire the membership packs which not only includes the Season Pass for all DLCs, it also grants a key to AMS Beta and access to Reiza51.

This covers it for our July Dev update. We´ll catch up again in august, this time most definitely with AMS v1.0 release already behind us
Dukester

norbs

Post by norbs »

norbs

Post by norbs »

So the beta has the GPL cars and they are fucking awesome!

I never played GPL with FFB, but this will take some beating.

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Must remember to try them, I originally decided to build my simrig for GPL to try go "neg" on Nords but then never installed it as I found all the new sim's too compelling.
First gameplay videos of the upcoming Formula Vintage cars for Automobilista have surfaced on Youtube.

Automobilista’s Formula Vintage class will come with two different late 60s style Formula cars, one powered by a V12 engine and one powered by a DFV V8 engine, a very popular power-plant back its day. Furthermore, the vintage content will also include versions with early aerodynamic parts, recreating the advancements made on downforce that were made in the late 60s.

While sim racers with beta access can already try the new cars, the public release of the Formula Vintage class will happen with Automobilista’s 1.0 version release later this month.

Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Must remember to try them, I originally decided to build my simrig for GPL to try go "neg" on Nords but then never installed it as I found all the new sim's too compelling.
Automobilista’s Formula Vintage class will come with two different late 60s style Formula cars, one powered by a V12 engine and one powered by a DFV V8 engine, a very popular power-plant back its day. Furthermore, the vintage content will also include versions with early aerodynamic parts, recreating the advancements made on downforce that were made in the late 60s.
While sim racers with beta access can already try the new cars, the public release of the Formula Vintage class will happen with Automobilista’s 1.0 version release later this month.

Dukester

norbs

Post by norbs »