Automobilista Motorsports Simulator (Rieza Studios)

General game chat
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Re: Automobilista Motorsports Simulator (Rieza Studios)

Post by norbs »

Duke wrote:I need to play this more often, the community is all but unanimous that this is the best current Gen Race-Sim for offering the most rewarding offline AI racing action.

It's the most highly tuned ISI gMotor Sim out there, that still looks much like the orignal. Yes RaceRoom is also based on the same engine but SIMBIN/S3 have practically created their own now.
It's much better than rF1 ever was & there is no need for complicated tweaking & mod management. Along with a much more refined physics, FFB and GFX which has been pushed about as far as DX9 allows.The question is can you get past the DX9 look after much nicer looking sims like AC?

The thing is, imho, if I want nice graphics, I will play Pcars. I still think AC graphics are a bit flat. I find nearly all my off line play is AMS. And we have sort of got online happening, albeit on my ADSL as a server.

I honestly think if they could get a good dedicated server happening, FNF would be more fun in AMS. The variety in the game is terrific and even though the tracks arent well known, there are some cracking ones included in the game.

FNF nirvana for me would be Gentrack in the retro F1 or Caterham 620 with Pcars graphics and R3E sounds (AMS sounds are pretty damn good though).
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Norbs what's AMS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Oh. Never mind lmao!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thornz

Post by thornz »

Screw it, you gents have convinced me to bust out the wallet and try it out.
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

norbs wrote:The thing is, imho, if I want nice graphics, I will play Pcars. I still think AC graphics are a bit flat....
Until AMS gets off DX9 and puts some VR in, their graphics are literally flat to me. There's just not enough compulsion for me to go back to flat-screen racing. AMS' DLC will remain unpurchased until I can properly appreciate them.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

First world problem right there :lol:
Minister for Religious Genocide.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Re: RE: Re: Automobilista Motorsports Simulator (Rieza Studios)

Post by w00dsy »

Dr. Pain wrote:The old grand prix cars are fun as well

Every game has some cars that they do well and some not so much, but Formula Retro for me is up there with the most fun I've had in a game. They have enough downforce to generate high corner speeds but not enough to glue them to the road, so you can still drift them a bit here and there. Plus they sound awesome.
thornz

Post by thornz »

Got a quick play of it last night and overall, very impressed.

Just jumped straight into a F3 race against the AI, steering needed a wee tweak to set it up, but other than that, right out of the box it feels great. Reminds me of the feel I used to get from LFS/Netkar pro, cars just feel natural and you dont need to spend hours learning how to drive each car.

AI were good as well, give you racing room, but only if its a fair move, and also a couple put safe passes on me.

Graphics nothing flash, but you quickly forget once you get into racing.

Overall, bloody impressive effort from them, disappointing I've waited so long to try it.
Cutter
Legend in his own lunchtime

Post by Cutter »

Worth a look. Thanks
Cutter ~ Carl Rickard

Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I'm still not completely sold on AMS still. I was running around at a few tracks last night in 1967 cars and the Boxsters. Had to put my FFB to -66% on the G-25 with 20% low FFB boost. I drove a Boxster around Imola and it felt pretty good. But then I got into AC and took a 2016 911 GT-3 around Imola and it felt more alive through the FFB and better connected to me. I only run 66% FFB in AC as well. I know the cars are different and the sounds in AMS are amazing! but I want more feel from them.

To me the FFB in AMS either feels like it's set in stone or there's not much going on. Driving the 1967 grand prix cars at Kyalami, the back end was coming around in the first turn and I couldn't really feel that happening until it was too late. Where as in AC I can feel that very early on.
Cutter

Post by Cutter »

Same, FFB feels off and cannot get my favourite bonnet view right.
I'll persist for a week or so and see how it goes.
But any new sim takes some dialing in to get it to suit
Cutter ~ Carl Rickard

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

I think some of what you are experiencing could be that you are too used to one sim.
I know when I left AC & went to iR it took quite a while to understand all the nuisances of iR's FFB. It is now the same in reverse whenever I fire up AC. Grr...
But I agree AMS FFB is probably not as refined as some of the new sims just cause of the age of it's base engine.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

That's been a problem for rfactor since it's release. The ffb has always been off
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

NeilPearson wrote:That's been a problem for rfactor since it's release. The ffb has always been off
Yes I agree rF default FFB has always been borked but AMS has made huge progress with it. They started with the RealFeel FFB mod & tweaked it further. ;)
Dukester

norbs

Post by norbs »

IMHO AMS has the best FFB on my PC, by far.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Only way I can describe it on a G-25 is, it's either set in stone and hard to turn @ -100%, or I lower it too -66% and it feels very on and off. Other games give me a gradual feel, I can feel the FFB increasing according to load but AMS, it's like turbo lag. Nothing until a certain range then it's quite strong all of a sudden.

In AC, iracing, dirt rally, F1 2016, Pcars... I can find an FFB setting that works for me but I'm really struggling in AMS.
thornz

Post by thornz »

Interesting, I am using the Logitech G29 and the FFB is great, easily on par with iRacing/NKPro so far.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

FFB sorted! :vibes:

So -66% strength, 20% low boost and pure + effects 2 gave me the feel I was after. Pure + effects 3 did give me the feel I was after but it's a little too much. The FFB was always running. Pure + effects 2 smoothed it all out and I very surprised by it. It's given me the connected feel I was hoping for. The FFB is there but very subtle when it's not needed, say on the straight at Joburg. But I can feel the car load up so much better under brakes and cornering. It's plugged the FFB gaps and it feels very smooth, really smooth. It's now very similar FFB feel to what I have in AC but smoother, more of a flow to it.

The Caterham 620R got a flogging at Joburg :yes:
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

Try the Formula Retro almost anywhere.
Bails MacKenzie

Post by Bails MacKenzie »

I've finally dived into this game and while I'm still sorting out the FFB I have invented a new motorsport.
I call it "Formula One Supertrucks" and it is essentially F1 cars on Supertruck tracks.
The Formula Extreme can do front flips if you hit a ramp fast enough.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Although not official content this is a must have mod for AMS... :yes:
Patrick Giranthon has released a new version of his CART Extreme mod for Reiza’s Automobilista.
Download CART Extreme for Automobilista 1.11 from Race Department Here
The new version comes with improved shaders, sounds as well as physics improvements.
Changelog
– Updated shaders
– Updated sound effects
– Updated physics – added new engine wear functions, tweaked collision feelers, tires, inertia
– Fontana chassis config fix in trackconfigbase

Originally created by Racing Line Developments and released for rFactor in 2009, CART Extreme features the full field of the 1998 CART season.
The original rFactor mod has been equipped with new features, including driver animations, improved physics and more as listed below.
CART Extreme for AMS includes :
Several graphics improvements (updated car shaders)
Moveable driver arms (from TV view only)
Revamped physics
Revamped sounds
flat spots, dirt pickup, etc
Along with all features from the original mod:
Full CART 1998 field (28 cars)
4 unique chassis (Reynard, Lola, Swift & Penske)
4 engines (Honda, Ford, Mercedes, Toyota)
2 tyre manufacturers (Firestone & Goodyear)
4 chassis specifications for road, short oval and speedway tracks
4 or 5 boosts (depends on tracks, roads, 4, Ovals, 5)
Dukester

norbs

Post by norbs »

It is on sale 50% off. grab it if you dont have it. Ends feb 7th
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

AMS Early 2017 development blog post

Automobilista going up to v1.5
We´re approaching the final stretch of Automobilista development, with only a few more months now planned until AMS reaches its definitive state, at which point we´ll switch focus 100% to the future.
The pace of development is not slowing down – quite the contrary in fact. There are a number of nice improvements, big and small which we´ve been laying down the foundation for and will be pushing to deliver over these remaining months. Such is the extent of these developments, that the full sum of them is going to add up to what we´re calling Automobilista v1.5
We´ll be pushing to provide a full overview of these developments along with confirmation of remaining DLCs by our next development update. For now, here´s the stuff on the immediate horizon.

Upcoming V1.3.0 Release
Our next major milestone is v1.3.0 which we´re pushing to release before the end of this month, packing a lot of good stuff. Here´s a breakdown of the most substantial improvements:
On the audio front, having decided he wasn´t happy being just an ace audio engineer, Domagoj Lovric began exploring the codebase for possible short-term improvements to add some extra depth to the audio experience in AMS. One of these improvements will be the implementation of reverb audio, the initial version of which will already be present in v1.3.0, with much more to come.
Alex Sawczuk has also somehow managed to find a window in his fairly hectic track production schedule to squeeze some fresh shader improvements and adding support for visible & dynamic track dust. Although the effects of which already present in AMS along with offline marbles, there wasn´t yet a visible dust layer over the track surface. This has now been implemented.
Here is a comparison from v1.3.0 in various track states and also one from the current v1.2.1:

The difference looks subtle on screenshots but it adds some noticeable extra depth and life to the track surface while driving in-game. Some of the tracks have already been updated to use these developments so Season Pass owners will be able to check them out in the upcoming beta release expected for tomorrow morning, with most of the other tracks expected to be updated as we progress.
Several car physics have also received some updates for v1.30 as both @Niels Heusinkveld and myself continue to chase for improvements. One car in particular has received special attention as Niels has given the Boxer Cup physics a complete overhaul, with revised aerodynamics, chassis, and the addition of helper springs to the suspension, which substantially improves handling over curbs. The initial version of these revised physics is also coming up with the next Beta update.
One major new feature previously confirmed in our end of the year Dev Update was the Custom Season Tool – unfortunately it´s looking unlikely we´ll manage to complete the full feature in time for v1.3.0, but a number of associated new options & features should hopefully already be in, such as the option to enable a mid-race full course yellow as per the rules in the Formula Truck series, and ability to customize the number of opponent cars from each class in a multiclass event.

We also have a new car coming up in the next release with the frisky Aussie Racing Car Camaro – further good news is that unlike originally predicted, this will be released as a free car to the base game and not as a DLC.
Here´s a preview of the 3D model which @Sandro Kholodkevich is exporting to the game as we speak:

Work on physics and audio has also been going on in parallel – count on this little motorcycle engine-powered bugger to be a big bucket of fun to drive.

Legendary Tracks Pt2 – ADELAIDE
V1.30 will also see the release of part 2 of our “Legendary Tracks” DLC series – the famous Adelaide street circuit is coming up in two versions: the longer historical layout of 1988 which hosted the Australian GP from 1985 to 1995, the new modern version along with its Supertruck variant.
Below you can check some WIP previews of this great track – I mentioned in the previous update how demanding street tracks are for the track team, with all the buildings and surroundings which have to be modeled in minute detail as you can see here:

The more advanced modern version should be hitting AMS Beta tomorrow, with the historical version is not far behind and expected to be available in the Beta at some point next week.
Both versions are extremely fun, flowing drives which will serve well pretty much any car in Automobilista, while also providing plenty of opportunity for close racing. We´ve been enjoying some great battles during our internal tests as can be seen in this short video showing a couple of laps of myself hunting down @Alex Sawczuk with F-Retros around the modern track

Virtual Xperience developments
Dave Stephenson has also been hard at work developing our Virtual Xperience portal, and we´ve got a substantial update coming up along with the release of AMS v1.3.0.
Users will be able to login into VX using their Steam Account – this opens up opportunities to give a more personalized experience in the various areas of VX. In the first instance, the settings page accessible from the top navigation bar provides the much-requested ability to override your display name and country flag, overriding the settings collected from Steam.
From this customizable user profile, other users will be able to check out your leaderboard results. Expect this profile to be beefed up with some more interesting info in the future.

The new Community section will also be available in the next update, providing a one-stop-shop to find communities and leagues serving users of Automobilista and other Reiza titles based on regions served, languages used or days they host races. The league finder in this section will also provide a similar service for leagues so users may find leagues that based on race days, event frequency, or your favorite series.
Community leaders and league admin are invited to submit their information to the directory following the instructions in this topic – every league admin who submits a valid entry will be gifted 2 promo Steam keys for AMS to be given away for his participants.

With these and some other substantial improvements coming up, VX will soon be playing a bigger role in fulfilling the experience with AMS, including hosting some prize awarding competitions. Watch this space!
Dukester

norbs

Post by norbs »

You can play them in beta and they are awesome.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

iRacing has had them since launch. Just not the Aussie body's.