American Truck Simulator Released

General game chat
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

American Truck Simulator Released

Post by Duke »

SCS Software, the team behind the wildly successful Euro Truck Simulator series, have released their next game in the 'Freight-hauling' genre with American Truck Simulator.

The game currently features two types of truck, the Peterbilt 579 and the Kenworth T680, however whilst this may seem underwhelming for a released game, the developers have confirmed that they are in the process of acquiring the licenses for PACCAR and Volvo trucks, the latter of which will be the VNL 780 to be released in future updates. In terms of the States available for your deliveries, the game comes with the two states of California and Nevada, with Arizona coming to the game as a free update with a time period of "Soon™".

The game is currently available for download over at Steam for $19.99 USD / 18.05€ / $27.90 AUD.

Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Shonky

Re: American Truck Simulator Released

Post by Shonky »

I was keen on this but then I watched a few reviews and I was left disappointed with it, SCS haven't really added anything new to the game, it's essentially ETS2 with a new map and only two trucks, nothing in the gameplay has changed that I could see to give it something extra that would entice me to buy it, about the only thing going for it is the cheap price.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

American Truck Simulator developer SCS Software has released a free update that adds the legendary Kenworth W900 to the game, and dials back the penalties for doing bad things with it.

SCS said in their update announcement that there have been quite a number of complaints about the “large fines” imposed on players for breaking the various rules of the road. Hard-core digital truckers might appreciate that nod to realism, but the studio decided that “it's not really a good idea to intimidate people coming fresh to the game with crippling fines.” The update released today thus makes early-game fines “considerably lower,” and then raises them in concert with player level and, presumably, skill.

Speeding detection has been changed as well, and will now give digital drivers more time to avoid becoming bear bait. The “turn on red” feature has also been improved to ensure that you won't get busted for turning right on a red, as long as you signal properly (and, I suppose, don't cause an accident). Apparently this isn't something you're allowed to do in Europe.

Future updates will include more speed limit signs to better delineate speed zones, and changes to the AI and map tweaks aimed that will "limit the problems with being rammed by overly stupid AI cars.” Those changes will be put out as part of the next major update, and in the meantime SCS asked that players “please have patience with us.”
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Update 1.24 is out! Both American Truck Simulator as well as Euro Truck Simulator 2 Updated..

There is good news for owners of both of our flagship truck sim games - they are getting a bunch of new features as a part of a new game update coming out today, too.
Advanced players will for sure welcome the optional physically simulated truck and trailer coupling, while the improvements for our World Of Trucks platform should be appreciated by people playing online contracts.

For American Truck Simulator, we have released a new free map expansion in the - Grand Canyon State of Arizona.

Changelog of improvements that are a part of this update:
MAIN FEATURES
Improved external jobs support in game (direct control, freight market).
Physically simulated truck and trailer coupling (option).

CODE
Blinker auto off can be disabled (option).
Speeding highlight can be disabled (option).
Cabin accessory physics does not require DLC anymore.
Torque converter simulation greatly improved.
Automatic transmission behavior improved.
XInput support added - custom support for XBox controller.
Added UI support for 4th and 5th controller.
Gear shift selectors (range, split) now have UI support for position-based switches.

DATA
Scania trucks reworked.

MOD
Unit name fixes, most interior accessory and some other mods need update.
Damage params moved out from game_data.sii and some more added (including wear and part damage factors).
Data driven engines (torque curve, rpm limits).
Force feedback data for XInput added (force_feedback.sii).
Torque converter physics data added, separated manual clutch data (physics.sii).
Data change from driven wheel to driven axle.
Added check for internal camera continuity.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Not sure when this happened or if it's permanent but the Arizona DLC for American Truck Simulator is now Free To Play:
Dukester

Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Did you miss the bit about the rescale Duke? In a nutshell the community complained enough that they are changing the game to the same distance scale as used in Euro Truck, which is a good thing in my book.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/america ... 7446484931
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

I'm an idjiot, it's all in my previous post but for some reason I thought Arizona was a new separate map & not related... blah!!!
Dukester

Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Hehe, never mind, you should be commended for the effort you put into keeping us lazy bastards up to date. :yes:
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

SCS Software are still hard at work expanding the scale of ATS, and have shared a new batch of in game images from the work in progress expansion for fans to enjoy.
Featuring the authentic American atmosphere and wide open roads and environments found in the States, ATS looked to be a bit of a hit right out of the box. Unfortunately the team over at SCS made a rare mistake with this game, and simply did not do enough to convey the epic scale of the country with the new American maps. Taking onboard the community feedback, SCS made the bold decision to halt major development on the game content while they revisited the title and increased the scale of the virtual world within ATS. Announcing the rescale project back in June, SCS have been hard at work ever since developing assets in game and increasing the overall scale from 1:35 to an impressive 1:20.
SCS have yet to reveal a timeframe for completion of the project, so for now we'll have to make do with looking at these beautiful images released by the studio.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

SCS Software have released a statement regarding the issues caused by a recent update to both American Truck Simulator and European Truck Simulator 2. Apologising for the issues and going on to explain some of the work being undertaken to rectify the problems, the statement is again evidence of SCS's refreshing attitude towards community interaction with their game offerings. SCS have been quick off the mark to acknowledge the problems and are promising to release a support patch in the near future to rectify many of the new bugs brought to the latest build.
"We are releasing a hotfix for American Truck Simulator to address reports of crashes from users running mods containing in-cabin physics-enabled toys. As ATS doesn't have any customizable physics-enabled cabin content in the standard game, the appropriate code support was not fully enabled in the game's codebase. However a partial code path was still working with the data, causing an abort and crashing the game. If you were not using any cabin tuning mod, you were not affected.

Sorry for the oversight, even a week of extensive Open Beta torture of the game (over 2000 pairs of eyes looking at the game by our estimates) did not reveal this crash. Our theory is that the most advanced game players who tend to opt into the open betas are generally so advanced power-users that they can deal with such a situation and workaround the problem, switch an incompatible mod off, or set the variable of g_toy_physics in the config file from "1" to "0." Unfortunately, nobody shouted loud enough to make us aware of the problem with this class of mods.

The hotfix is also addressing problems on Linux and integrated Intel chipsets, where the recently updated code failed to initialize OpenGL graphics context on game launch.

There is another avalanche of reports criticizing the game's performance; reports of noticeable drop of framerate for some users. We could not replicate this on any of our testing configurations, but we have an alternate theory that may have a merit.

Some two days ago, Nvidia released a new version of their Geforce Experience utility. This is a great tool to keep the graphics drivers up to date and to assist beginner players with optimization of game settings. Unfortunately, it seems that in our game's case, Geforce Experience is overly optimistic, using very aggressive values for the "scaling" parameter (up to 300% on mid-range cards), or for shadow quality.

The term "scaling" sounds innocent, but actually it stands for a super-sampling coefficient. Super-sampling is a brute-force method of anti-aliasing, causing the game to render the whole scene at higher resolution than the target screen resolution, and then downscaling it to actual screen size, making the picture sharper in the process. Setting it to a high value is sure to strain even a very powerful 3D card. To illustrate the matter with an example - if you have a full-HD monitor, the screen is covered roughly by 2 million pixels. With the "scaling" set to 200%, you are asking the game to render everything at a higher resolution, rendering 4 million pixes, effectively doubling the graphics's card load.

The Geforce Experience tool is happy to go and overwrite the game's config.cfg variable values, and the user may not even be aware of this change of the game's settings. If you are unhappy with the game performance, we urge you to go into game's Options screen and review the parameters on the graphics settings tab there to adjust the performance vs. looks balance according to your preference."

Of particular interest to those who are suffering from performance issues are the following words "If you are unhappy with the game performance, we urge you to go into game's Options screen and review the parameters on the graphics settings tab there to adjust the performance vs. looks balance according to your preference." Gamers would find it advisable to check these settings as a first port of call to improve performance within both ATS and ETS2 before taking further action elsewhere within their PC configuration.
No news on when an update fix will be released, however the team are at work on a solution and a hotfix shouldn't be too long until it is released.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

ATS 20% off Halloween Sale till 2nd Nov 2016.
ATS Sale.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

SCS Software have deployed a new vehicle to their American Truck Simulator title, adding the Peterbilt 389 as a free addition to the expanding American themed trucking simulation.
The studio have developed the new truck with the use of reference photos, scans, and sound recordings taken from the studio's recent trip to the PACCAR Technical Center earlier this year. Although the free truck update has been made available for players of the game right away, the studio are keen to remind gamers that the below video preview does contain features and content that will not be available to the public until after the next build update.

Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

American Truck Simulation developers SCS Software have released the latest free update to the game, including the brand new map rescale that increases the American map from 1:35 to 1:20 scale as well as adding considerable road length extensions and a new city - Santa Maria.

Despite the size of the new 1.5 build release and rescale, SCS Software have maintained their original intention to release the update for free to current owners of the game. As well as the rescale and addition of Santa Maria, the latest build also reworks the Oxnard city, adds "hundreds of miles" of new road structures, dozens of reworked and or new junctions and a whole list additional content and feature updates to the game.

Rescaled map main features:
Scale 1:35 → 1:20 – 1,75x larger map
Hundreds of miles of new longer roads
A new city - Santa Maria
Completely reworked city – Oxnard
Reworked roadsystem topology:
New Interstate I-580 and I-80 connections
I-5 near LA topology corrected
I-5 Redding topology corrected
New stretch of CA-101​
Correct interstate junctions - no more same level crossing, freeways exiting on itself, etc
28 reworked or new junctions - most notably - Reno, San Francisco, San Diego, L.A.
6 new custom rest areas – truckstops
More accurate height profiles - new steeper climbs and descends
Famous recognizable landscape landmarks: Donner pass, Grapevine, Kumeyaay highway, Picachio peak, Humphreys peak, Cajon pass

ATS 1.5 patch notes
Main features

Map rebuilt in 1:20 scale
Upgrade Shop and Truck Browser Search Tool
New chassis options (6x2 & 6x2 Midlift)

Game
Adjustable interior FOV per truck
Weigh station UI behavior made more real
Truck repair/refuel performed by hired driver cost money, included in logs
Added informational dialog showing when game detects upgrade or downgrade
Added pounds + short tonnes as weight unit option
Add possibility to buy driver and co-driver plate in truck dealer
Online job offer: Replaced refresh button with browse jobs
Better trailer air pressure simulation
Low air warning should only be active with running engine
Parking brake mechanical safeguard on low air added
Revised rolling resistance computations
Hired driver use same math for eco skill as player
Added selector modes to shift layout, correct detection of split shifts (advanced mode)
Adaptive shifting logic improved
Mod manager: Added link to load game screen in case game crashed and user has at least one mod activated
Mod manager: Added possibility of setting profile by name and by user profile pointer
Mod manager: Added dlc dependency list to mod manifest
Prevent to AI trucks disappearing in players view
Tweaked traffic spawn frequencies

MOD
Changed map parameters (climate_profile, map_data)
Moddable interior camera zoom parameters. (speed, factor)
1 degree rotation on Ctrl + R, 90 degree rotation on Home
Merged editable sign and sign dialog
Refresh sign template and its model from content browser
Added letter-spacing to sign editor
Store content browser navigation history
Support for day/nigh effect switching and child hookups for lod_model_hookup_u
Undo of veg sphere manipulation
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

SCS Software have confirmed the next major new DLC to hit American Truck Simulator will be a brand new map of the New Mexico region.
The state of New Mexico is already well under construction at SCS and the several screenshots recently revealed by the studio do a good job of showing off the usual attention to detail produced by the Czech team. With such a varied and diverse nature of the American landscape that features in ATS, New Mexico should make an interesting change of pace both experienced and rookie truckers alike. Already we have seen some interesting new rest stop locations lined with regional stone and very much representing the mental image one may have of the state, plus I've already spotted some pretty unique pieces of roadside furniture... such as a rocket!?!

During the reveal post by SCS, the studio have confirmed they are looking to expand their development team in order to meet customer demand for new content and features across both American Truck Sim and European Truck Simulator 2. The team have already grown from the initial five man setup right at the start of the development of ETS 2 to now reaching over 20 people working solely on the development of American Truck Sim. With a diehard following for both games and recent recipients of two Steam Awards, the team confirm they have a vision to at least double their production bandwidth for both ATS and ETS2 in the near future. Looks like exciting times ahead for SCS Software and fans of these addictive trucking games.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

American Truck Simulator has gotten a whole lot bigger today, the Oregon map expansion is now available from STEAM for USD $11.99
The Oregon DLC map expansion adds plenty of new and aesthetically pleasing scenery for truckers to enjoy while making deliveries throughout the 'Beaver State'.

Oregon DLC Map Expansion Key Features
Over 5,000 miles of new in-game roads
14 major cities, including Portland, Salem, and Eugene
13 large custom rest/truck stops for parking and refueling
Lots of smaller rest areas and motels around the roads
700+ completely new 3D assets
25 unique, complex and realistic custom-built junctions and Interstate interchanges
17 new local company docks and industries
Well-known landmarks both natural and man-made - Mt. Hood, Thor's Well, Crater Lake, Crooked River Valley, Yaquina Head Lighthouse, Youngs Bay Bridge ...
Oregon-bound achievements to unlock
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Volvo VNL coming to American Truck Simulator
Releasing to American Truck Simulation today as a brand new piece of free content, the Volvo VNL will come in three different variations - the 300, 730 and 780 have all been made available to use within the title, and as with any good truck in either ETS2 or ATS, you can expect a wealth of customisation options on offer for all three variations of the iconic Swedish model.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

If you wanted to haul some sizeable and strange load in American Truck Simulator then today is a good day for you as ATS Special Cargo DLC has been released.
Available to purchase from today for $4.99USD, the new DLC for American Truck sim is certainly more than just a case of adding some new and unique hauling loads to the title, SCS Software having gone the extra mile as usual and incorporated a wealth of new game dynamics in order to best simulate the requirements of lugging oversized cargo in the various states represented in ATS at present.
With the new load types come new trailers, new routes, additional in game job opportunities, Police escorts and plenty more besides - all of which can be seen listed below.

Special Transport DLC Key Features
11 huge cargoes (up to 170,000 pounds (85 tons), 21 feet (6.5 m) width, 17 feet (5+ m) height and 52+ feet (16 m) length)
New Special Transport trailers
Unique job routes for the Special Transport (most in the base map, some through New Mexico, more for Oregon to come later as a free update!)
A combination of over 90 special transport jobs
Custom AI escort & police vehicles
Original intros for the cargoes and jobs, crowds and police cars along the routes
New models, characters, and animations of people assisting or spectating the transport
Curious pedestrians, journalists or transport co-workers along the routes
Special Transport achievements

Gameplay Features
Close collaboration with AI escort vehicles is required
Enhanced AI behavior: clearing the path, stopping traffic, giving advice, pushing opposing vehicles to the side etc.
Possibility to fail the given job on the spot if you don’t adhere to strict instructions or regulations
New checkpoints system to keep your progress in a special transport job safe
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

SCS Software have released version 1.33 of American Truck Simulator today.
The new build is something of a substantial release from SCS Software, adding a raft of new features and content to the title following a period of open beta testing by the dedicated truck sim driving community.
Highlights from the latest build, a release that maintains the incredible level of attention to detail and polish expected of a studio the quality of SCS Software, includes a new "diversion" feature, where established routes within the virtual world can dynamically have temporary closures and force the player to select alternate paths to their intended destinations... yet another very cool nod towards authenticity for which SCS have made one of their key targets with both this and the slightly older European Truck Sim 2 title.
Other notable changes as part of the update include a new road layout within the Oregon DLC region, improved weather effect on windshield rain presentation and some reasonably noteworthy improvements to the game physics, as detailed below:

Build 1.33 Update Notes:
Buyable turnpike double trailers (Nevada only)
Detours
Added OR-140 road (Oregon DLC required)
Steam cloud based profiles
Reusable truck and trailer configuration templates
Physics improvements (suspension, damping, braking, cogs)
Rain drops behavior on glass improved
Music shuffling
Country/ state name localization settings
g_disable_beacons (0/1/2) - for people that have issue with blinking lights
Various customization options

MOD ALERT:
Due to the number of changes, most mods will need some work to catch up!
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

SCS Software have released new updates to ATS. Although no new trucks are coming with this latest build, players now have the option to purchase their own logging trailers for the very first time - opening up more playability options to gamers located in the Oregon and soon to be released Washington areas, where logging is an important industry within the region.

ATS receives one of the highly demanded additions to the game - buyable log trailers! Our traffic report sources for Oregon shows a large convoy inbound for the wood transport companies, with a high chance of traffic jams on the forest roads, so be careful out there. As an alternative route, we can recommend OR-140, which is now prolonged all the way to Nevada. And if you're still worried about driving in Oregon, we recommend visiting a Tonopah city, which has been completely refreshed. ​

ATS CHANGELOG:
Buyable Log trailer
Tonopah city refreshed
Another segment of OR-140 (Oregon DLC required)
Timezone areas fixed - Malheur county, OR (Oregon DLC required)
Numerous little map fixes and world polish added

MOD ALERT: As with any update, due to the changes, a number of mods may need some work to catch up!
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Washington State DLC - June 11th 2019!

Washington Map Expansion Key Features:
3800 miles of dense road network
16 brand new cities (Vancouver, Longview, Aberdeen, Olympia, Tacoma, Seattle, Everett, Port Angeles, Bellingham, Omak, Wenatchee, Yakima, Kennewick, Grand Coulee, Spokane, Colville)
More than 20 landmark bridges
10 original truckstops
Keystone-Port Townsend Ferry
Everett swing bridge
Grand Coulee Dam
Washington's iconic mountains (Mount St. Helens and Mt. Rainier)
Challenging logging cliff road
Dynamic speed limits and LED signs
Large and realistic ports (Seattle, Tacoma, Everett)
Many unique junctions
Distinct company docks for new cargoes: yacht builders, vast farms, material storages...
Washington-specific achievements to unlock
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Dukester

smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

Apparently a bunch of the DLC for this is on sale on Steam right now.
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

Washington DLC was just released.

Also note that the experimental DX11 support improves performance in VR over previous versions (or at least it did in ETS2).
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

As Cursed said;
The much hyped new map expansion for American Truck Simulator is now available to purchase - welcome to the world the Washington State DLC.

Containing over 3,800 miles of new road network within the Washington State region of the virtual recreation of America, the new DLC is packed with new and challenging driving experiences for players to enjoy. Adding 16 new cities to the game (Vancouver, Longview, Aberdeen, Olympia, Tacoma, Seattle, Everett, Port Angeles, Bellingham, Omak, Wenatchee, Yakima, Kennewick, Grand Coulee, Spokane, Colville), the new expansion drifts between open highway, densely packed city environments and off road sections to give players a nice change of pace from the more established environments traditionally found within American Truck Simulator.

As well as the new locations, the latest DLC in the seemingly constantly expanding game world also adds additional realism with the inclusion of dynamic speed limits and LED signs, a selection of landmark bridges that make up much of the landscape around the Washington State area and of course Washington's iconic Mount St. Helens and Mt. Rainier, amongst many other small and immersive details that SCS Software have become renowned for with their ATS and European Truck Sim 2 games..

As well as the new map expansion, SCS Software have also dropped another small bonus with the release of the 'Forest Machinery' DLC for the game.
This brand new trailer pack offers new and unique trailers for drivers to deliver to throughout Oregon's and Washington's logging industries and includes:
Towed Forest Machinery: Forwarder, Log Harvester, Log Loader, Log Stacker, Mulcher & Stumper
Specialized Trailers: Tub Grinder & Knuckleboom Loader
Truck Accessories: Headache Racks (2 versions for each cabin type) & Hanging Chainsaw toy

As both the trailer pack and Washington State expansion have released at the same time, and to a certain degree interact with each other in the virtual game world created by SCS Software, the developers have put together a bundle purchasing deal - combining the base ATS game, the previously released Oregon DLC and the two new packs at a reduced ~$30 AUD - a saving of over 50% if purchasing all packs and game as separate items. Check out the 'West Coast Bundle' HERE.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

The new Utah DLC map expansion for American Truck Simulator is now available to purchase.
Yes, trucking fans with a taste for hauling load around the vast expanses of the United States of America can rejoice today with a brand new map expansion DLC for American Truck Simulator - adding the state of Utah and 3500 miles of new road networks to enjoy!
Available now for around A$16.95 on the American Truck Simulator - Utah Steam Store page, the new DLC is one of the most visually impressive pieces of content created by SCS Software, really showcasing a near obsessive attention to detail that have become the standard expectation of new SCS Software content releases.
Dukester