Flight School (Dovetail Games) - NOW RETIRED

General game chat
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Flight School (Dovetail Games) - NOW RETIRED

Post by Duke »

8th February 2016 wrote:Since acquiring the rights to develop and publish new titles utilizing Microsoft’s genre-defining flight simulation technology back in 2014, Dovetail Games has been clear about its intent to make headlines in the flight simulation category. Today, it is pleased to announce that it will launch two brand new flight simulators in 2016.

Dovetail Games Flight School is first to arrive, and is set to release in April 2016, with Dovetail Games Flight Simulator scheduled for launch in the latter part of the year.

Flight School is a carefully crafted and rewarding experience designed to teach would-be pilots the basics of flying a light aircraft as well as the essential premises of flight simulation. It will offer newcomers to flight simming an engaging and accessible introduction to aviation, whilst also being highly realistic and authentic. Players will learn to fly in iconic training aircraft, undertaking a series of tutorials and training missions, which will provide the perfect introduction to the genre. There will also be a Free Flight mode, for those players who want to head off and explore the entire world.

“Flying an aircraft is a rewarding, awe-inspiring experience unlike any other and we want to give more people the opportunity to enjoy that by breaking down the barriers that make flight simulation feel inaccessible,” said Stephen Hood, Creative Director at Dovetail Games. “By empowering players to handle the controls of the aircraft, we will help them to immerse themselves in the very best and most thrilling aspects of flying in an up-to-date and technically cutting edge environment.”

Paul Jackson, CEO at Dovetail Games added, “People have always dreamt of being able to fly and through Flight School we aim to satisfy that dream and give people the opportunity not only to learn to fly, but to really soar as they explore the world. Flight simulation has always been important in the world of gaming but it hasn’t kept up - the core experience hasn’t progressed since the launch of Microsoft’s Flight Simulator X back in 2006 and that means we’ve missed at least one or maybe even two generations of players who would have adored flight simming, but for whom it wasn’t appropriate. Our aim is to get back to that place, to restore the former glory of flight simulation as an enjoyable and engaging pastime. Consumers today expect a much slicker experience across all genres. They want simulations that are realistic but also accessible. They want to be led to a place where the focus can be on reaching great levels of accomplishment, rather than struggling to get to grips with the operational aspects. And that’s precisely what Flight School will deliver.”

Dovetail Games Flight School and Dovetail Games Flight Simulator will both be available on PC.
To follow the latest news and developments, please visit http://www.DTGflightschool.com
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Re: Flight School (Dovetail Games)

Post by Duke »

In-game screenshot of the the Piper Aircraft PA-18 Super Cub flying low towards the horizon.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Flight School pre-orders have now opened on STEAM with Dovetail Games offering exclusive access to new content 60-days prior to general release to those who pre-order by 25th April 2016.
This exclusive content will be the Diamond DA42 aircraft update, complete with unspecified bonus content.
STEAM indicates April 2016 for the release of Flight School.
Pre-order your copy of Flight School for USD$14.99 here

Image Image
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

And in other Flight School news;
Dovetail Games is pleased to announce we will be partnering with Orbx Simulation Systems to bring key aspects of its technology to Flight School.
“We are incredibly excited about working with Orbx again on Flight School,” said Stephen Hood, Creative Director at Dovetail Games. “Orbx represents the pinnacle of what can be achieved in terms of in-game scenery, so collaborating on these titles was the obvious choice for us. We are deeply committed to partnering with both new and existing content creators to create the best possible combination of technologies to power our simulators. This is only the beginning.”

Orbx Simulation Systems has dominated the flight simulation scenery space since CEO John Venema founded the company in 2006.
“We are thrilled to partner with Dovetail Games as they usher in a new era of 64-bit simulators built on robust technology that we have a decade of experience in developing for,” added John Venema, CEO of Orbx Simulation Systems. “We’ve developed a solid working relationship with the Dovetail team and we’re confident that our terrain will look absolutely stunning in their enhanced 3D engine and provide a level of immersion unlike anything experienced before. We look forward to a long and productive partnership.”
Dukester

TIMMY30

Post by TIMMY30 »

Im very keenly watching the progress for the full version of this that they are releasing later on in the year. Fingers crossed for 64bit as FSX/Prepar3d really lack in the VAS usage department.
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

As above... And with rotary wing. I was all set to start my flight training earlier this year with a view to commercial helo as a career path. But I can't get a Class 1 medical clearance. Yay!

Flight sim's ftw!

Thanks for the share Duke.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Excellent!

Any idea if this supports VR? Seems a perfect candidate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

DexterPunk wrote:...
Any idea if this supports VR? Seems a perfect candidate.
My thoughts exactly! I really wish Rise of Flight could have VR support - the open cockpit on those ancient kites sounds like a hoot to experience.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Yeah indeed. I'm pretty sure War Thunder works with oculus. Not sure if it's actually officially supported though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Rise of flight would be awesome with a rift :)
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Given their Train Simulator franchise doesn't (as far as i know) support VR I doubt this or their fully fledged Flight Sim will, well not initially anyway.
I am happy that DTG has taken up the mantle to continue developing a modern Flight Sim but I'm also very worried at the same time.
It's just that I fear the cost of DLC will follow their TS model, if you thought iRacing was expensive then just check out the DTG TS2016 DLC on Steam.
Over $4K if you bought it all at RRP. :eek:
Dukester

TIMMY30

Post by TIMMY30 »

Thats alright. If they want to be stupid about it like that. Then ill stick with prepar3d. Mind you. Ive probably spent about a grand on aircraft and scenery for that lol :melt:
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

War Thunder's rift support has been broken for a month apparently. They may have just been waiting for 1.3, but I can't see anything official on it.

Is DCS World any good? It has official VR support for Rift and Vive. Currently working on Oculus 1.3 support. I'll have to see if it works via steamvr support over the weekend.
http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2 ... count=6062
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

I bought DCS: A10C Warthog ages ago and walked away from it because of its complexity. Apparently that standalone version is available to me as DLC in DCS World. I might have to try that out when I have the Rift.

I'm considering getting voice-attack, so that might simplify things a bit.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

DarrenM wrote:War Thunder's rift support has been broken for a month apparently. They may have just been waiting for 1.3, but I can't see anything official on it.
That's really disappointing.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

The DCS stuff is good. I've got A-10, Black Shark, Flaming Cliffs. I think Black Shark with a rift would be amazing but very hard. I found flying that attack helicopter hard enough in 2D and I would think with a rift that my sense of direction would be screwed.

Strike Fighters is another good flight sim too. It's simple but good fun. Fighting MiG's over North Vietnam is interesting in an F-8 Crusader or an F-4 Phantom.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

We are thrilled by the positive response Flight School has received and the amazing support shown to us by both new and existing flight simmers.
In light of the tremendous amount of support we have received, we are pleased to announce Dovetail Games Flight School will be released on 24th May 2016. This extra time will allow us to make Flight School an even better, more polished experience for everyone.
We have also extended our pre-order offer so there's still time to get the Diamond DA42 and bonus content 60 days before everyone else! Pre-order Dovetail Games Flight School on Steam to automatically receive this bonus content when it becomes available - hurry though, as this offer is only available until 24th May.

Dukester

c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Cursed wrote:I bought DCS: A10C Warthog ages ago and walked away from it because of its complexity. Apparently that standalone version is available to me as DLC in DCS World. I might have to try that out when I have the Rift.

I'm considering getting voice-attack, so that might simplify things a bit.
You probably have, but have you heard of or used VAC? Voice Activated Commands. I set it up for Arma, seems ok.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Dukester

smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

Looks interesting. Wouldn't be a civilian flight sim without a bunch of trees on the runway threshold, would it?
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »