Forza Motorsport 6 & Forza Horizon 3 (also coming to W10 PC)

General game chat
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Forza Motorsport 6 & Forza Horizon 3 (also coming to W10 PC)

Post by Duke »

Any Chinese speakers amongst us?
For over a year now, it is rumored that Microsoft was going to bring Xbox One–exclusive games to the Windows 10 platform as part of a new strategy to support PC gaming. Up until now the gaming press was convinced that this was not going to become a reality because cross-platforming would surely impact the Xbox One’s competitiveness.

In 2015, Microsoft hinted that the Xbox One games Gears of War Ultimate Edition, ReCore, Halo Wars 2 and Killer Instinct would all be coming to Windows 10 at some point. Last week Microsoft announced that the Xbox One console version of the Quantum Break game will be released for Windows 10 on April 5, the same day as the Xbox One version.

Then a few days ago, the rumors surfaced once more and are getting interesting for the sim racing community. This time, the Chinese news site WPDang that has a very good reputation regarding Microsoft-focused news claimed that one of their reliable sources confirmed that Microsoft will bring both the Xbox One–exclusive Forza Motorsport 6 and upcoming Forza Horizon 3 to the Windows Store.

It is safe to say that for now it is best to take the rumors with a grain of salt, although the Chinese website more than once offered leaks and accurate information about Microsoft’s future plans. From a commercial point of view, it does make sense for Microsoft to have more titles available across more platforms since the sales figures of the Xbox One games were lower than expected.

If an official Microsoft announcement in is the pipeline, the news will most likely be communicated at the Los Angeles 2016 E3 Video-Game Trade Show that takes place between the 14th and 16th June.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Re: Is Forza Motorsport 6 coming to the PC?

Post by wobblysauce »

It is all about getting people to use the Windows store.. as it has not been the success that they where hoping for.

Both PS4 and Xbone, are just PCs using a different OS.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Confirmed but without MP & possibly no Steering Wheel support on launch at least. :lol:
virtualr.net wrote:As reported earlier today, Turn 10 have now officially announced Forza Motorsport 6: Apex, the first-ever Forza Motorsport title for the PC.

Being released as a free to play title in the Windows Store this spring, Forza Motorsport 6: Apex gives PC players a taste of the Forza Motorsport world with a limited selection of content, including 63 cars, coming with working damage and cockpits.

On the positive side, the game will also include 6 tracks with 20 different layouts, including rain and night racing functionality. The cars can be used in a limited-version of Forza Motorsport’s career mode, including a 12-event “Showcase Tour.

Also included in the PC version will be Forza Motorsport’s Autovista showroom mode, also included will be the title’s popular photo mode. In terms of technical details, the video trailer below confirms a DirectX12 graphics engine running at up to 4k resolution.

There’s also some bad news in store though as Forza 6 Apex won’t include any multiplayer functionality apart from leaderboard rankings and, a huge blow for PC sim racers, no steering wheel support whatsoever.

Confirmed Cars
2014 Audi #2 Audi Team Joest R18 e-tron quattro
2017 Ford GT
1973 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am SD-455

Confirmed Tracks
Brands Hatch
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Rio de Janeiro
Sebring International Raceway
Top Gear
Yas Marina
Dukester

DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

lol
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Can't argue with free to play. Looks like I'll having something to use the XBONE controller on that comes with the rift.

Hurry up with the new graphics cars nvidia!!
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Well the no wheel support thing is unconfirmed at this stage, although it's possible it won't have wheel support at launch. http://news.xbox.com/2016/03/01/forza-m ... indows-10/
racedepartment.com wrote:While some rumors contest that the game will lack wheel support on launch, we have so far been unable to reach Microsoft for confirmation.
bsimracing.com wrote:Now some more official news and an announcement trailer have surfaced. According to a leaked report from the Seattle Times, at a media event last week, Microsoft outlined plans to grow a business built primarily on a game console to one also focused on the personal computer, pushing its own studios to release games for the PC and positioning Windows as a platform to buy games across device types.

Among them is “Forza Motorsport 6 – Apex” wich will be a slimmed down version of Turn 10 Studios popular Xbox One Exclusive Forza Motorsport 6 racing title. At this moment, it is not yet clear what exactly will be missing in the PC version.

Here is what we do know. The biggest surprise is that the game will be free-to-play for all windows 10 owners. At launch, the game will feature 12 themed racing events and will contain more than 60 car models. Players will be able to gather new vehicles via optional microtransactions or will be able to earn them by winning racing eventsIt has been reported that the game will support a 4K resolution.

Last but not least, Turn 10 Studios also confirmed that future Forza Motorsport games will be developed concurrently for PC and Xbox One. The Forza Motorsport 6 Apex Free 2 Play PC title should become available later in the Spring of 2016.
Dukester

DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Righteous wrote:Can't argue with free to play. Looks like I'll having something to use the XBONE controller on that comes with the rift.

Hurry up with the new graphics cars nvidia!!

Are they producing something VR specific?

Sorry to kinda hijack, we already have two VR threads going as well lol.
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Haha. Nope, nothing VR related. More commenting on the fact that there might not be wheel support.

*Edit

I can't imagine that it wouldn't have wheel support. It does on XBOX, I wouldn't have thought it would be hard to transfer that across.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

It was more the 'hurry up with the new graphics cards' comment that had me wondering.
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Oh right.

Supposedly a big leap in performance. My current rig is borderline at the moment, but I don't want to spend money on a new card when the others are only a few months away.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Turn 10 Studios have released the open beta of their Forza Motorsport 6: Apex title, the first-ever Forza title to come to the Windows PC.
Made exclusively for Windows 10 PCs, Apex is not a full-scale Forza title but a free to play game including a limited selection of Forza’s content to show off the possibilities of the new platform.
The title includes 60 cars and six tracks, coming with no multiplayer functionality or wheel support at launch, the latter of which will be added with future updates.
The download itself weighs in at 18.8 gigabytes but ones installed, the game will occupy a whopping 30Gb.
For the moment, users are reporting that you might run into some issues, but this is nothing more than understandable, regarding the fact that its a beta. As development continues, players can expect to see updates and improvements to the game.

Download Forza Motorsport 6: Apex Beta Here

Features
A CURATED FORZA EXPERIENCE ON WINDOWS 10
• Experience the world of Forza on Windows 10 PCs for free, with many of the best racing experiences that “Forza Motorsport 6” has to offer, as well as Forza’s trademark innovations such as Drivatar™ opponents and Forzavista™ cars – each with working cockpits and full damage.
• Discover new ways to play and compete, including an all-new Showcase Tour, Spotlight Series, in-race bonus objectives and an all-new scoring mechanic.
• Race a diverse selection of more than 60 Forzavista™ cars curated from fan favorites, reflecting a variety of automotive interests, including hot hatch, muscle, touring, exotics, GT racing, track toys, prototypes and hypercars.
• Compete on six tracks based on world-famous tracks, featuring immersive wet-weather and night racing conditions.

A GRAPHICS POWERHOUSE
• Face unrelenting action at simulation speed with, DirectX 12, the new standard for 3D graphics that enables players to experience gains in performance and overall optimization.
• Unlock the full capabilities of your PC with full HD and breathtaking graphics at up to 4K resolution, powered by ForzaTech™, Turn 10 Studios’ proprietary, state-of-the-art graphics and physics engine, and developed with DirectX 12.
• Delight in the stunning realism and precise detail of every car as the result of the ForzaTech™ engine, bringing the unique aspects that give each car its own unique feel to life.

FORZA’S DEBUT ON PC
• Take advantage of a number of Windows 10 features, including the ability to access your existing friends and achievements list, text and voice chat via Xbox Live, and record and share your favorite moments and clips with built-in Game DVR. • Build your Gamerscore up to 1,000 points by earning achievements exclusive to Forza players on Windows 10 PCs.
• Customize your player experience on Windows 10 PCs with support for mouse, keyboard and a variety of gamepads

System Requirements
Minimum

Processor: Intel Core i3-4170 @ 3.7 Ghz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 740/Radeon R7 250X
HD Space: 30 GB
RAM: 8 GB
VRAM: 2GB
DirectX: DirectX 12
Suggested Input: Xbox One Controller

Recommended (60fps at 1080P)
Processor: Intel Core i7-3820 @3.6 Ghz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 970 / Radeon R9 290X
HD Space: 30 GB
RAM: 12 GB
VRAM: 4 GB

Ideal (60fps at 4K)
Processor: Intel Core i7-6700k @ 4 Ghz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980ti / Radeon Fury X
HD Space: SSD + 30 GB
RAM: 16 GB
VRAM: 6+ GB

Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Turn 10 Studios has released the full car list of Forza Motorsport 6: Apex (beta).

Car List
2013 Abarth Punto Supersport
2013 Ariel Atom 500 V8
2014 Aston Martin V12 Vantage S
2010 Aston Martin One-77
2006 Aston Martin #007 Aston Martin Racing DBR9
2015 Audi TTS Coupe
2014 Audi #2 Audi Team Joest R18 e-tron quattro
2014 Audi #45 Flying Lizard Motorsports R8 LMS Ultra
2014 Audi #67 Rotek Racing S3 Saloon
2013 Audi R8 Coupe V10 plus 5.2 FSI quattro
2011 Audi #2 Audi Sport Team Joest R15++ TDI
2014 Bentley #7 M-Sport Bentley Continental GT3
2014 BMW #55 BMW Team RLL Z4 GTE
2014 BMW #5 Ebay Motors 125i M Sport
2014 BMW M235i
2011 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport
2015 Chevrolet Corvette C7 Z06
2014 Chevrolet #3 Corvette Racing Corvette C7.R
1970 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
1969 Chevrolet Camaro Super Sport Coupe
2014 Ferrari #51 AF Corse 458 Italia GTE
2014 Ferrari California T
2013 Ferrari LaFerrari
2013 Ferrari 458 Speciale
2012 Ferrari F12berlinetta
2010 Ferrari 599 GTO
2017 Ford GT
2017 Ford F-150 Raptor
2013 Ford Focus ST
1971 Ford Mustang Mach 1
1969 Ford Mustang Boss 302
1965 Ford Mustang GT Coupe
2014 Honda #2 Castrol Honda Civic WTCC
2014 Honda #5 Zengo Motorsport Civic WTCC
2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track
2015 Jaguar XKR-S GT
2011 Koenigsegg Agera
2014 Lamborghini Huracan LP 610-4
2012 Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4
2010 Lexus LFA
2015 McLaren 650S Coupe
2014 McLaren #60 Bhaitech 12C GT3
2013 McLaren P1
2015 Mercedes-AMG GT S
2014 Mercedes-Benz #33 WIX Racing A-Class
2011 Mercedes-Benz #35 Black Falcon SLS AMG GT3
1970 Mercury Cougar Eliminator
2012 MINI John Cooper Works GP
2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR
2015 Nissan #23 GT-R LM NISMO
2012 Nissan GT-R Black Edition (R35)
2010 Nissan 370Z
2012 Pagani Huayra
2009 Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster
2011 Peugeot #10 Matmut-Oreca 908
2009 Peugeot #9 Peugeot Sport Total 908
1973 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am SD-455
1969 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
2015 Subaru WRX STI
2014 Toyota #80 Speedworks Motorsport Avensis
2014 Volkswagen Golf R (Mk7)
2014 Volvo #1 Volvo Polestar Racing S60 STCC
Dukester

Bails MacKenzie

Post by Bails MacKenzie »

If this is all executed right, Forza has the chance to kick the shit out of the online racing community.
We'll see a drop in numbers on the current crop of simulation games but at the same time it'll be the people who don't want to sim race all the time and those who want to customise their cars, which may at least cut down the amount of bleeding hearts and whingers in the community of the bigger sim titles too.
But then, Forza has a massive amount of race cars, I could see a lot of racers owning a Sim game and Forza, since Forza's creators have bought the rights a multitude of f1 cars from each decade and have a shit-load of muscle cars, Supercars and just about every racing series under the sun, no matter how good AC, Automoblista and Iracing are as sims because they don't have the car variety and purchasing power that the console titles do.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Forza on pc is lame though. So far there is no wheel support. The biggest benefit of it finally being on pc for me was that i could use the g27. But no. Hoping just for the beta or first release that they do that. I want wheel support

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
Hello :aussie:
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Dukester

c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Boggles my mind they have no wheel support. How is that possible? I Microsoft title, on Microsoft Windows has no pnp wheel support even though the operating system does. Are they trying to sell more controllers after Oculus took all their stock or something?
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

I think you will find that the port from XBOX to PC was done as quickly as possible to get the beta out, I would also think that Wheel Support for PC is quite a bit different to that of an XBOX.
Also remember wheel support is coming at some point, my concern now is that at this point there is no option to remove the in-game wheel or driver hands.
And the worst of all is there is no FOV adjust-ability & no word if it will ever be available on the PC, so also forget about running triples. That's just crazy for a current Gen PC racing game. :rolleyes:
Dukester

c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

So I just played it for a bit, being a bit of a forza head cuz it's a good console racer and fun with mates. The pc version is meh... looks pretty, no doubt. But it's not really improved the driving model for the pc. I don't really get what they are doing. Instead of pouring all this effort in to making a pc port, actually put the things in the game that the community has requested.

Good tracks, good selection of cars and I like that it works well in windows but all seems a bit half arsed. AI is still shit and the driving model seems simple after playing AC.

"Like a cock only smaller" is how I would review it if asked. But you didn't. So...

Screens I took today
FM6A_Mustang1SML.jpg
FM6A_Mustang2SML.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

My 12yr old is excited even more now as he loves the open world of the Horizon series.
Forza Motorsport have announced details of the third instalment of the popular Forza Horizon game due to hit the stores on Tuesday September 27th. Featuring an impressive 350 vehicles and a variety of pre order bonus content the new Forza title already looks a safe bet to eclipse sales of the previous Horizon instalment.

Something of a spin off from the usual Forza Motorsport frnachise of games, Horizon lets players enjoy a selection of the in game road and race cars within a large scale open world environment filled with unique and interesting driving challenges and characteristics. Designed to entertain and test a drivers skill and concentration, Forza Horizon 3 is based in the heat of Australia pitching some 350 unique cars against the harsh Australian desert landscape and city roads.

Forza Horizon 3 comes in 3 packages for players to chose from depending on their budget and content requirements. As well as the generous pre order bonus content players can chose from the "Standard Edition", "Deluxe Edition" featuring VIP membership and the Forza Horizon 3 Motorsport All-Stars Car Pack or the "Ultimate Edition" that allows access to the above content alongside the Forza Horizon 3 Car Pass and allowing access to play the game four days in advance of retail release. All 3 editions of the game will be available both digitally and on retail disc.

Pre-orders for Forza Horizon 3 will give players access to bonus car content tied to specific retail outlets. Details of US based pre order bonus content have been released and European players are advised to check their local retailers for pre order bonus details. All bonus content cars will be tuned to the top of their class and players will be able to automatically add them to their garage after redeeming the code provided by the retailer.

2015 Ferrari 488 GTB - Gamestop
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat - Gamestop
2016 Audi R8 V10 plus - Amazon
2016 Jaguar F Type Project 7 - Best Buy
2016 Mercedes-Benz C 63 S Coupé - Xbox Dash
2016 Ford Mustang GT350R - Microsoft Store

Those outside of the U.S. should check with their local participating retailers to see which cars will be available per outlet.

You can check out the Forza Horizon 3 announcement trailer below:
Dukester

Shaun

Post by Shaun »

This is clearly the date i need a new gfx card by now lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

Horizon 2 was alright, but honestly the relatively small map size got repetitive and boring. Compared to the crew's awesome map, forza needs to step up.

Is there any confirmation that it's coming to pc?
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Yeah it's in the announcement i read somewhere

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Duke wrote:And the worst of all is there is no FOV adjust-ability
Sorry Duke, I just lost my shit at that comment. :rofl:
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

GT VIRUS wrote:Horizon 2 was alright, but honestly the relatively small map size got repetitive and boring. Compared to the crew's awesome map, forza needs to step up.

Is there any confirmation that it's coming to pc?
Yep, also says Windows 10 at the end of the trailer. ;)
Dukester