VR Games

General game chat
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Re: VR Games

Post by Righteous »

Just got a message from the wife. Oculus has been delivered! Bah!!! Stuck at work!
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

There's a VR mod for a free pinball game

http://www.futurepinball.com/ - The pinball game/engine
http://www.pinsimdb.org/pinball/index-10-future_pinball - Pinball Tables
http://www.gopinball.com/forum/viewtopi ... =86&t=6131 - The BAM Open VR Mod

From reddit
Install Future Pinball
Download whatever tables you want and unzip into the Tables folder.
Unzip the ovr-beta folder into the Future Pinball folder.
Run FPLoader, select the table then Play Table (F5). At first I had problems loading the tables up and it giving an error, running Future Pinball / FPLoader as Admin fixed this for me.
It suppose to work with Oculus Home but didn't work for me, so loading up SteamVR worked for me.
Enjoy!!
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

I've get pretty bad tracking lag in the pinball mod. Looking around didn't seem too bad, but moving around had a fair bit of latency. Can't figure out how to actually start a game either. Even the default keys didn't work. Might have to try getting it working in normal monitor mode first.

Blazerush is on sale for $7.50USD so I grabbed it. It's a pretty fun top down arcade racer. Feels like micro machines with weapons. Ended up playing it for an hour, but I'm not sure how much longevity it has as there's not a huge amount of variety in tracks. Has a few different game modes though which are good fun.

Also grabbed Firma from the early access section. Only had a short go so far but it's like an action arcade verison of Lunar Flight. Started to feel a bit off after 30 mins so probably one to miss if you're susceptible to motion sickness.
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

I bought adrift for the wife but I will only be using this for racing. Man I hope AC comes along quickly, Pcars and LFS are so much fun!
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Here's a game for Dex :)

richo

Post by richo »

DarrenM wrote:Here's a game for Dex :)

No that game is not for Dex there is no trains involved.
[]D [] []v[] []D
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

VR Games

Post by wobblysauce »

That is great.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Just did the Apollo 11 VR experience, then the bride had a go. Wow! I mean sure it could be ripped apart if you wanted to be critical but if you just kick back and take it in, Wow! Can't wait to show the kids in the morning. Ran very smoothly too. Highly recommend it
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Pool Nation looks fun. Need tracked controllers though.

wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

It is the little things that make it standout.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

iRacing support just around the corner, can't wait!!

http://www.roadtovr.com/iracing-oculus- ... next-week/
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/fallou ... 0-6440743/
Tonight at the Bethesda E3 2016 briefing, Bethesda announced that two if its latest games, Fallout 4 and Doom, are getting virtual reality versions.

Fallout 4's VR edition will launch in 2017 for the HTC Vive, though Bethesda did not announce a release date or platform for Doom's VR version.
Not much detail for Doom yet, but Fallout is confirmed to be the full game

DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

The devs have said this is a side project. Serious Sam 4 is still being developed separately.

DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

The Dirt Rally VR patch comes out on Monday. The game will be a released on oculus home, but the steam version will also get VR support if you already own it. They don't use steamworks so I think they'll be compatible for multiplayer, unlike pCARS.

Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Sweet!
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

keygetys has released an updated RBRvr mod. It uses the SteamVR library, but if you've got that installed and configured it'll work in the Rift as well. left shift+left ctrl to recenter the view.

http://www.kegetys.fi/rbrvr-richard-bur ... or-openvr/
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Wow.. wonder if that would make RBR easier or harder.. guessing the former, as you would probably be going slower.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Much easier in my opinion. Not due to going slower, but because it's easier to judge corners etc.

http://owlchemylabs.com/rick-and-morty- ... announced/
We’ve been working in secret for months, optimizing plumbus physics and working on the intricacies of Rick’s flask. Now we’re ready to give you all a hint of what’s to come! (Spoiler alert: you can totally jump through portals in VR!)
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

The creative minds of Lucasfilm’s ILMxLAB present a virtual reality experiment set in a galaxy far, far away…Star Wars: Trials on Tatooine. For the first time ever, wield a lightsaber as you leap into action in the most immersive Star Wars virtual reality experience ever. Be transported to the desert world of Tatooine, repair the iconic Millennium Falcon, and defend the plucky droid hero R2-D2 from incoming stormtroopers in this captivating experience set after the events of Return of the Jedi.

Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Anyone seen or tried EVE Valkyrie yet? If I had the money I'd be all over this but I new a new GPU before the rift.

Minister for Religious Genocide.
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

Dr. Pain wrote:Anyone seen or tried EVE Valkyrie yet? If I had the money I'd be all over this but I new a new GPU before the rift.
It was a freebie with pre-order rifts. I need to give it more play time. It seems fun enough, but I haven't mastered the controls well enough to be able to consistently shoot the AI bad guys on the easiest level.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

EVE Valkyrie will probably disappoint depending on what you're looking for. Without really knowing anything about it (I only ever watched that trailer a year or so ago) I was expecting something like X-Wing or Tie Fighter but it's purely an online death match type of game. Single player is just fighting waves of AI although they did release a new game mode attacking a space station or something but you have to reach a certain level to even play that mode.

I was quite disappointed to be honest although it was partly my fault for now knowing what type of game it was. I also really didn't feel like I was 'in space'. I'm not sure if it's trying to avoid god rays from having the cockpit against the blackness of space but all the environments I tried were all coloured nebulae or what have you so I never got that feeling of being somewhere way out in the vastness of space that the X-Wing games gave you.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I play Eve online and there's a whole lot of nothingness in space.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Onward looks promising. Hopefully it'll work with touch controllers when they come out.