Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator

General game chat
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator

Post by Duke »

Looks Interesting...
Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator lets you explore the world of flying in a quality never seen before.
Fly a large selection of highly detailed aircraft with interactive 3D cockpits. Aerofly FS 2 currently features over 150 airports in the south western USA and global elevation and satellite imagery.
Aerofly FS 2 is available as an Early Access title on Steam for $49.99 USD. More info can be found at www.aerofly.com
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
c.j
Midget Wanker

Re: Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator

Post by c.j »

Why do game developers continue to say "quality never seen before"? It is still just satellite textures over mesh terrain the same as was in Flight Simulator 5 iirc? I would happily fly over less terrain if it looked the business as opposed to having an endless flight plan with less quality scenery than google maps. Flight school looks prettier Duke, have you had any time with either? Curious to know how it plays
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

No time in either, I've bought DTG FSC as it's practically FSX re-worked for 64-bit with nice scenarios for the Flight School missions & much better default scenery with the ORBX partnership.
Also in the long-term I'm hopeful many FSX add-on's may work with it especially ORBX scenery & REX environment add-on's.

As for this, at this stage it's really a reduced functionality pick-up & play game for fun flights. But it's a bit too expensive for what it is imho & others from what I've read & seen. So I'm waiting to see how it develops before deciding to purchase.
The thing it's got going for it is that it is very pretty & runs very well compared to fully fledged flight-sims but I would like to see more depth to be worthy in my collection.

Dukester

c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

I wish someone would do another helo sim. I crash too much in Arma3 with the advanced flight model and would love to start in something a little more forgiving.

;)
Durrie

Post by Durrie »

c.j wrote:I wish someone would do another helo sim. I crash too much in Arma3 with the advanced flight model and would love to start in something a little more forgiving.
How about Black Shark (or the Huey or Mi-8) in the DCS world?

Not that its less complex, but its more reliable modelling than ARMA I think.
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Durrie wrote:
c.j wrote:I wish someone would do another helo sim. I crash too much in Arma3 with the advanced flight model and would love to start in something a little more forgiving.
How about Black Shark (or the Huey or Mi-8) in the DCS world?

Not that its less complex, but its more reliable modelling than ARMA I think.
Yea the huey I want, just don't have the time. First world issues lol

;)
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Some exciting news related to this sim has me wanting to give it a try now. It is also currently 10% off in the STEAM Winter Sale for USD$44.99.
Firstly two paid DLC packs have been released bringing Northern USA & Switzerland in high resolution, both packs retail for USD$10.00.
Now the AUS ORBX team, renowned for their FTX products being some of the best FSX add-ons in the market have just announced they are working on scenery for this sim.
At this stage it's an R&D exercise but looking at the recent screenshots (Chicago with Meigs Field) released on their forum I'd say they are close to deciding to make it a commercial offering.
AFS2 is still in "Early Access" so currently has limited features & functionality (no ATC/AI, Basic Route Planning & only one Season) but for those looking for a visually high fidelity flightsim may find this appealing, especially has it has both VIVE & RIFT support now.

ORBX/FSX Screenshots:

Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

EA4.24 Update
Most of you may have noticed a small update today.
This update was just a small performance tweak that reduced some CPU computing. You may see a very small FPS increase but nothing of note this time around.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Welcome to south Florida and the Florida Keys! This DLC for Aerofly FS 2 features the southern part of Florida, including historic Key West. You will be mesmerized by the breathtaking views while you fly over major attractions like Fort Zachary Taylor, the Martello Museum, Duval Street, Key West cemetery, The Key West Southernmost Point, or fly out to the Dry Tortugas for a trip over some of the nicest scenery seen in Aerofly to date.

This South Florida DLC includes:
A large coverage area with over 400 miles of shoreline to explore
Up to 50cm per pixel aerial images at selected places
Miami City and Miami Beach fully rendered in high definition
The most cultivation ever seen in a single scenery package, including accurate night lighting
9 accurately modeled airports and 2 heliports; Key West International, NAS Key West, Marathon International, Tavernaero Air Park, Ocean Reef Club, Homestead ARB, Miami Executive, Miami International, Miami Opa Locka, Dry Tortugas National Park Helipad, and NAS Helipad.
Many custom objects to capture the feel of the Florida Keys

The system requirements for this DLC are slightly higher compared to the main program. For a smooth simulation we recommend to use a 3D graphic card with at least 2 GB of dedicated RAM and comparable in performance to a NVIDIA GeForce 760 GTX or newer. If you want to experience this DLC in VR we highly recommend to use a NVIDIA GeForce 1060 or faster with 4 GB of dedicated RAM for smooth performance.

With this scenery we took special care to capture the true feel of this location, and anyone that has visited the Florida Keys will quickly feel that special feeling of being there once again.
Not only will you see eye popping visuals of high definition imagery spanning from the Dry Tortugas through Miami with 9 highly detailed airports, but this scenery will also come alive with the most cultivation ever seen in a single DLC scenery to date whether flying day or night! Be sure to take time to swim with the manatee at Fort Jefferson at the Dry Tortugas National Park on the island of Garden Key.
This scenery will also take advantage of the upcoming R22 helicopter with a free helipad update allowing you to cover every inch of the islands low and slow, then land at one of two helipad locations.
We hope that you enjoy our rendition of the Florida Keys and South Florida as much as we enjoyed making it for you!

Available now on Steam for $34.99USD & until 2nd Aug get 15%off
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Dukester