Battlefield 1

Post by Dr. Pain »

It looks brutal :eyepop:

Minister for Religious Genocide.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Re: Battlefield 1

Post by ysu »

Wait...wasn't battlefield up to the nth repeat already? How can we back to 1? Am I missing something?
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

It was the first modern warfare so hence the 1
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

World War 1.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

You guys just confused it even more :D

But it got my interest up enough to use google, and I'm not the only one confused - EA (or more likely their marketing division) is off their rockers. Not that it's anything new, LOL
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/05/a ... lefield-1/
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Ive played the beta, prepurchased the full game and im sure ill get my moneys worth. im a big BF4 fan but i dont think the new title will live up to that for me. Might be a matter of getting used to it but i prefer the weapons/choppers/tanks in a modern day warfield.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

My problem with bf4 was that it catered specifically for the madly enthusiast sector. You could not just get in and play on a level field. And I'm pretty sure it's just going to get worse. And since I don't have the enthusiasm nor the time I'm out. It's sad, as I like a good bit of shooting, but for that America's Army is better, in my opinion. But you need the team to play with, too.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Battlefield 1942 was the shit! I loved belting around in a Jeep getting bodies hooked up on the windscreen. :D
thornz

Post by thornz »

Looks good to me, may just persuade me to upgrade my graphics card for this.

Did any of these previous ones have a good single player campaign?
I dont have the skill or time to play online.
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Im not sure about canpaigns ive only ever played fps online since half life days lol. Id rather get my ass kicked online!

Secret to online in BF in finding a niche, my role in bf2 is find a squad with a good tank driver, and ride the turret. Then always spawn back on the same guy.

DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Loved BF1942 and BF2. They had such good balancing and encouraged teamwork in squads. I can't remember which new versions I've tried now, but at least 3 different revisions since BF2 and I've never quite liked them as much. One version didn't even allow mics to be set up for individual squads. And pretty much filtered everyone around the same areas of the map instead of a more open world environment. One of the most fun things about the old franchise was finding a good squad and working at your own side mission. "Lets all land here and see if we can work towards taking the airfield".

Anyway, I'm never sure if I'm looking back with rose coloured glasses on some of these old games or if they have really gone down hill. I'm sure the graphics will be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bails MacKenzie

Post by Bails MacKenzie »

DexterPunk wrote: Anyway, I'm never sure if I'm looking back with rose coloured glasses on some of these old games or if they have really gone down hill. I'm sure the graphics will be great.
I still play BF1942 on the old pc, lan it with some mates sometimes and compared to the time we spent in BF3 we still agree that 1942 was superior.
Mainly due to the "side missions" Dex mentioned, like sneaking around the back of the map to capture an AA gun to neutralize an enemy airfield on the Battle of Britain map. And the maps were all real places, Wake Island was a phenomenal map, it took 15 minutes to walk around, 5 minutes to almost make it across the map swimming, if you didn't run out of health first.

The maps just haven't been as free roam in the later games and are all small in comparison, you made an effort to plan and survive because getting back to that point might have been a 4 minute boat ride away.
richo

Post by richo »

BF1942 and the DC mod has stolen far too many hours from my life , I still reckon the flight "mechanics" is the best keyboard and mouse system by far .

I haven't played many games that are more rewarding to this day.
[]D [] []v[] []D
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

This looks goooood.

Im also a sucker for some BF1942 action. Loved the Battle of Britain map.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

1942/DC flight was the best.
Vietnam and on neutered.. had no fine control and always self levelling.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Pretty happy with this game. I don't know what it was like in your side of the pond buy things went very smoothly in the US, for me anyway.

There's always a lot of rage if things go wrong, so I think when things go right, they should be commended. I tip me hat to Dice/EA. It all went very smoothly even right in the launch minute. It looks like they have learnt from other failed launches and got the infrastructure in place to handle the launch of this big game.

I'm deliberately avoiding forums and social media about the game, I've found that I've been getting sucked in by complaints with other games. I tend to then go looking for other issues that people have got and it takes away my enjoyment.

So, ignorance is bliss and I'm really enjoying it.
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

We wont see it here until Friday (or early Saturday) I think.

As for the whole review thing, I'm the same as you and dont pay too much attention unless there is a very strong consensus. With a game like Battlefield, I think I paid $50? I know I will get my moneys worth of enjoyment out of it and I'm not near as critical of games outside of the racing sim genre.

I came late to Battlefield 4. $20 and a year later and it's probably the game I've spent more time playing than any other.
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

That's the way to be I reckon. I was chatting to a mate about it today and he made the argument that I'm more precious about race sims than him, which I thought was a good point.

He is right into the competitive side of these games, so is way more critical of all the weapons and their balance across classes.

So I told him to not tell me what's wrong with it and I won't tell him that gran Turismo isn't the ultimate driving simulator.

Preordered people were on yesterday. Aus got it first in fact.
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Lol yep. The balancing doesnt mean much to me, I know nothing about guns and tanks and planes and shite, i just like to run around and capture flags and ride in tanks and shoot the bad guys.

Then again I dont care much about camber and toe-in and tyre grip level surface tension hydraulics. I just like to drive fast and get in Boxheads way.

I pre-ordered but via cdkeys, so I think I still have to wait :(

*EDIT.. Oh apparently I can play! woooo!

The lord Jesus picked a good day for me to have an upset tummy :D
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Haha!! Excellent. Enjoy.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Im thinking of getting it off cd keys. 59 bucks is tempting. Someone make the call for me lol

Hello :aussie:
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

We can play it now but you'll pay $110 for that privilege.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

En-j said he can play from a preorder off CD Keys. 59 there atm. Thinking of biting the bullet and see if i can play if not i can wait anyway lol
Hello :aussie:
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

The normal edition isn't available to play until the 21th, if you can wait that age :rofl:
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Yep soz. I was mistaken.. its only the deluxe edition and i bought the standard. I can wait 2 days.