Richard Burns Rally 2016

General game chat
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Richard Burns Rally 2016

Post by Duke »

Yes you read that right...
The king of rally sims is not only still alive but transformed with a Next Generation Physics (NGP) plug-in & now it also has a 2016 update with an all-in-one "installation" package. :D
Here's some background & how to get hold of it.

How Richard Burns Rally’s stayed at the very top: The Next Generation Physics (NGP) plug-in
Still the King: Richard Burns Rally 2016
RBR+: RBR 2016 Blogspot
RBR 2016 Download - MediaFire
pretendracecars.net wrote:An Argentinean website by the name of RBRPlus have offered a fantastic solution for those looking to get into Richard Burns Rally, yet can’t be assed polluting their computer with enormous amounts of additional content. As the original Richard Burns Rally is considered abandonware software, and SCi Games no longer exist as a developer, this mythical rally simulator is now freely available for all to download – which RBRPlus took advantage of for the benefit of the sim racing community.

RBRPlus have taken the base Richard Burns Rally install, along with both retail patches released by SCi, and injected them with all relevant third party plugins necessary to run the game on modern PC hardware – such as resolution fixes, support for multiple inputs, and performance tweaks to get the most out of the application. They’ve also replaced the default car roster and list of AI drivers with the full fleet of cars from the 2016 WRC championship and WRC2 support series, powered by a completely revitalized set of physics that have been re-built from the ground up and draw upon lessons learned from ten years worth of tire model advancements made in other racing simulators.

In short, these random guys from Argentina created the ultimate 2016 World Rally Championship simulator, and the free download – which is a stand-alone package that does not require the original game to function – weighs in at just 1.6 gigabytes.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Re: Richard Burns Rally 2016

Post by wobblysauce »

Yes..
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

sounds good
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Yay!
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Doing some further research on this & other RBR mods, it looks like there is another all-in-one RBR mod being released on 15th Dec.
This one comes from the RBRItalianMod community & is called Real Rally

EDIT: Still trying to work out RealRally, relying on Google Tranlate I'm not sure it's free..?

EDIT 2: Looks like you have to pay for the online services that the RBRItalianMod offers with Real Rally. I'm still trying to work out if it has an offline play mode. Also note this mod does require a copy of the original or DEMO version of RBR to be installed.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

Awesome. Might dust off the wheel for this. RBR was a truly brilliant sim that doesn't seem to get the recognition it deserves.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Duke wrote:Yes you read that right...
Thanks Duke. Going to have to check this out over the holidays. :rally:
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Anyone know how it compares to Dirt Rally?
Minister for Religious Genocide.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Dr. Pain wrote:Anyone know how it compares to Dirt Rally?
Leaves it in the dirt! :D

Ok, I haven't tried any of these new packages yet...
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?