GPL in 1920x1080?

GPL related chat
J.D.
Rat

GPL in 1920x1080?

Post by J.D. »

After 5 years of not driving GPL I have seen several rig and monitor upgrades and would like to try GPL with a G25. Looking at the old replays on my current rig I couldn't believe my eyes. How is it possible that a 10 year-old game can look this good, even when new patches have not been added for so long? I found a patch for the G25 but have yet to install it - I think my G25 needs to be reinstalled anyway - but I cannot find a way to set the screen resolution to 1920x1080. There is not setting for it in GEM+ or in any native settings in the game itself.

Does anyone know how to do it?

I remember thinking that one day the ultimate would be 1600x1200...

Also does anyone have any experience of the 60fps patch?
сначала мы убиваем американского лося и белку.

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell.

Proudly never a mod or admin at RSC from 2001 - 2009.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Re: GPL in 1920x1080?

Post by w00dsy »

there was a resolution patch made by Guru that was at RSC. no idea where you'd find it now though.
J.D.
Rat

Post by J.D. »

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for it.

*EDIT* Was it called GPLRastHack? If so, I had it but forgot. Thanks again.

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell.

Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

The last set of rasterisers are here

http://gplmz.bcsims.com/index.php?showtopic=3727

Nigel Pattinson did some new ones a while back, there's also the 60fps patch now but you'll need the latest GEM to run that, does make GPL silky smooth on a 60Hz display. It currently only works with hot lapping (testing) or if you choose race there'll be no AI (there are loads of 36fps references in the GPL code for the AI which they haven't sussed out yet). There are a couple of servers that are running with the 60fps patch where you can race against other folks.
J.D.
Rat

Post by J.D. »

Tried that. Worked well. Thanks.

Also found the patch for my G25 which worked a treat.

Now down to within 2 seconds of my best at Clermont-Ferand (probably my all-time favourite circuit) in GPL 65. Not bad after a 5 year layoff. :vibes: