Isle of Man TT for GPL

GPL related chat
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Isle of Man TT for GPL

Post by Duke »

Yep the old legend is still alive with new content still being developed like this. :yes:
Jim Pearson has released a new preview video of his dauntingly massive Isle of Man TT track project for Grand Prix Legends.

Officially known as the Snaefell Mountain Course, the 61 kilometer track is home of the legendary Isle of Man Tourist Trophy motor bike race. The track layout consists of over 200 corners, the start/finish area is located in the town of Douglas, the capital of the Isle of Man.

To make the massive track more beginner-friendly, the track will come with optional rally-style corner markers that are hovering over the track, giving players a rough idea of the upcoming turns during their first runs.

Jim has put several years of work into this track and once it’s done, it will not just come with an authentic layout but simulate the Isle of Man’s typical foggy & misty weather conditions as well
[youtube] [/youtube]
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Re: Isle of Man TT for GPL

Post by Exar Kun »

He's been working on this for what, 8 years or something? A shame I'll never drive it but I guess it's good to see he's actually still working on it.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

maybe someone can convert it to AC? :)
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Might be fun in a CAN AM car.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

ysu wrote:maybe someone can convert it to AC? :)
Jim is pretty strict on conversions so I doubt we'll ever see one. GPL tracks shouldn't be converted anyway. Horrible quality. Needs to be completely rebuild for modern sims
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Built by one man modding powerhouse Jim Pearson for the venerable Grand Prix Legends simulation, the work in progress build of the mammoth Isle of Man TT course looks nothing short of exceptional even at this late stage of development, really maximising what is possible for a game that is fast approaching 20 years since its initial public release in 1998.

According to the latest progress video at the head of this article, Jim has reached about 95% completion up to the Sulby section of the circuit, with the remaining parts of the lap still under heavy development and featuring placeholder trackside objects.

Regardless of the age of the sim, or the state of completion with this mod, the upcoming Isle of Man TT Course for Grand Prix Legends is looking incredible and is a testament to both the enduring quality of the simulation, and the dedication of modders such as Jim Pearson who continue to produce outstanding pieces of community made content, even two decades after the game first hit the store shelves all the way back in 1998. Awesome.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

:)

GPL is magical and spellbinding even today almost 20 years on. That feeling of being warp speed in a tunnel is like no other game. It's why we are here, why ARSE exists. I still remember being at the back of the grid in a Coventry with a grand stand seat to the madness about to be unleashed with the start and the inevitable massive pile up about to unfold. My face would be so sore from smiling so much. It was just fucking awesome! :vibes:
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Time to let it go fellas. It is 20 years old FFS. :D
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Think about the games that were 20 years old in 1998!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Yeah Norbs

:lol:
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

I have no idea how I got owned there?
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

You were meant to get all teary eyed and join in on the GPL circle jerk.

But there are not too many games 20 years on still active or being developed. The only games twenty years before GPL were the table top games like space invaders. No one really had Atari 2600's yet but there were other early consoles about offering night driving.
Santaria

Re: RE: Re: Isle of Man TT for GPL

Post by Santaria »

Dr. Pain wrote:You were meant to get all teary eyed and join in on the GPL circle jerk.

But there are not too many games 20 years on still active or being developed. The only games twenty years before GPL were the table top games like space invaders. No one really had Atari 2600's yet but there were other early consoles about offering night driving.
The game isn't being developed though.... It's a mod.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]