The ARSE Series

GPL related chat
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Re: The ARSE Series

Post by Duke »

Wow what a night of contrasting races for me, firstly thanks to David Piglos Shaw for posting his Albi setup & with a few minor changes for my driving setup & style I was a able to get 2nd and hold off a flying Blueman over the last 2 laps, had the heart in my mouth which was great.
Then we went to Monaco, OMG what a horrible circuit for a relative newbie like me. Unfortunately the set Bluesman sent me during the week was not to my liking and not knowing enough about what settings to change I had to forgo it for the default setup which was far from ideal. Anyway I did the best I could to finish 4th but really only due to attrition not speed. Thanks once again for the racing gents and to Bluesman for hosting.

David I have the replay's saved and will check your times tonight unless someone beats me to it.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

David Piglos Shaw wrote:If somebody saved the Monaco race last night, could they please check my fastest lap in the race as my computer chucked a wobbly on exit. I'm sure I did a 1:29.91 but it didn't save to my pla66.ini Thanks
I was just thinking that I can host the replay if you need a copy of it?
I still can't believe you could be 0.01 of a sec off the rank time :eek:
Dukester

David Piglos Shaw
Pig
Pig

Post by David Piglos Shaw »

Thanks Wayne, but hosting a replay takes a lot of time both to host and download and I don't really need it. I suppose that seeing as I missed the benchmark that I don't really need the time either. If you look at the replay in GPL Replay Analyser, it should give individual lap times for all participants, thanks.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

David Piglos Shaw wrote:Thanks Wayne, but hosting a replay takes a lot of time both to host and download and I don't really need it. I suppose that seeing as I missed the benchmark that I don't really need the time either. If you look at the replay in GPL Replay Analyser, it should give individual lap times for all participants, thanks.
O.K. I will check the lap times with GPLRA tonight and post here your best time (either Practice/Race).
Dukester

vipergod
Dumb ARSE

Post by vipergod »

Guys sorry for my leaving both races
My pc kept on locking up and even when i tried to gpl offline it didnt work
will try again next week
I don't care what ya say GPL still rocks
David Piglos Shaw
Pig
Pig

Here's my setup for the BT19 for Leipzig (pronounced Lipe - zigh with a soft g). Still can't get within 3 seconds of Bluesman's world record time for the BT19 there, but I think the talent adjustment required for that is beyond the scope of the setup software.

As was suggested last night, an adjusted Monaco setup worked fine, runs out of revs by the end of the straight though, so because of the slipstream factor you may want to lengthen top (ie smaller numerical number) by a notch to save over-revving. As usual adjust brake bias and diff to suit.
LeipzigBT19.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Thanks David, if it is anything like your last set (Albi) then I am sure I will find very useful :)

Now I am not sure I want to show you the next thing but since you asked today I think I better.
So close yet not close enough I am afraid.

Dukester

David Piglos Shaw
Pig
Pig

Thanks mate, I knew I hadn't cracked it and I'm never scared of the truth. Now I can do a manual update of my GPLRank time.
David Piglos Shaw
Pig
Pig

I forgot to add this to my post, these are the fastest times recorded at Leipzig from GPLRank:

Brabham BT11 2.7lt Climax 1:35.849
Brabham BT11 BRM 1:39.943
Brabham BT19 Repco 1:34.608 Dave Unger
BRM P261 1:35.874
Ferrari 246 1:45.777
Ferrari 312 1:56.011
Honda RA273 1:35.299
Lotus 43 BRM 1:42.677
T1F Eagle Climax 1:36.450

If your vehicle of choice isn't listed, nobody has posted a time yet.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

David Piglos Shaw wrote:I forgot to add this to my post, these are the fastest times recorded at Leipzig from GPLRank:

Brabham BT11 2.7lt Climax Brabham BT11 BRM Brabham BT19 Repco BRM P261 Ferrari 246 Ferrari 312 1:35.849 1:39.943 1:34.608 Dave Unger 1:35.874 1:45.777 1:56.011

Honda RA273 Lotus 43 BRM T1F Eagle Climax
1:35.299 1:42.677 1:36.450

If your vehicle of choice isn't listed, nobody has posted a time yet.
Oh it is nearly worth doing it in a car not used yet to get a WR but then it won't stand for long I bet :rolleyes:
Dukester

David Piglos Shaw
Pig
Pig

Or one listed that would be easy pickings like the Ferraris.
Bluesman
AGGOT Champion
AGGOT Champion

Post by Bluesman »

HOLYSHIT!!! :O A WR?????.....well how about that....didnt even know......already been beaten though.....when i heard i had it i tried to improve on it.....did a 1:34.034 :D......33's here i come :)

oh and Dave......i used your setup ;)

ARSE Resident Golf Alien.......your golf ARSE's are mine :D
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I cheated and used TC for my 15 secs of fame lol :D

Detailed track statistics for Kyalami 1967

Submitted Laps 92203
Lap Record 1:11.411
Record Holder Jamie Cottier (TC Oil Star) :lol:
Median time 1:22.810
Average time 1:43.885
Standard deviation 5827.196
Slowest time 29491:40.000
Minister for Religious Genocide.
David Piglos Shaw
Pig
Pig

Here's a link to a replay of someone quick (Paul Jackson) at Leipzig in a 1967 Cooper, which may help those chasing time.
http://gpladdicts.speedgeezers.net/
Go to Paul's Stuff, 67 Add-ons and it's in the first column.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

I knew I could could go neg @ Monaco after last Tue night, it took a change of car to the BT19 but I got there in the end, my first negative lap time in any mod on any track so I am stoked. :D
I guess I should have been practicing the tracks for this week (plenty of time yet) but I just couldn't let Monaco beat me like it did on Tue night :lol:

Sorry David not rubbing it in but had to post since it is my 1st time & all.

EDIT: Thought I would jump back into the BT11 2.7lt (that I raced on Tue) and guess what, yep a neg time too. A 1:29.843s :)
Dukester

David Piglos Shaw
Pig
Pig

Top work. :yes: expecially with a 3-pedal setup at Monaco. You've really come to grips with the game very quickly.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Well I spent a bit of time last night on Monza with the Fezza 312 but am struggling to find the lap times near the rank benchmark, I am currently 1.8sec of it. :(
I have studied the track guide and watched the replay of Mr Cloyd in the 66 BT19 and feel I should not be loosing that much time but I am somehow.
I do struggle a bit with braking real late as I don't have the luxury of the left foot braking & use of throttle to stabilise the car which may be hampering my corner entry speed and consequently my exit speed. I am also having a some early to mid corner rear grip issues in some of the fast sweepers.
I am using Steve Cloyd's setup with some changes to brake bias, gear ratio's and diff settings, either 45/60/2 or 60/60/2 seem to work well for me. I also tried 60/45/2 but found I was slower. I also want to give a 60/60/3 a go tonight after re-reading the setup guide on diff's. But I don't' think this will solve my issues.
Any ideas on what to change in the setup to help me?
Dukester

Buk Nekkid

Post by Buk Nekkid »

Grats on the Neg time :yes:
Any ideas on what to change in the setup to help me?
Nah, keep goin' mate you're on the right track :D

Cheers, Neil :)
The not so friendly creature from the off-white puddle who will eat you......
Bluesman
AGGOT Champion
AGGOT Champion

Post by Bluesman »

ok guys...fun nite @ Leipzig & Monza with Flinty breaking through for his 1st win @ Monza...well done Wayne :up:

next weeks tracks will be.........wait for it.................................Norisring aaaaaaaaaand......................................................................................NURBY!!!! :D

and the following week will be Bathurst & Watkins Glen.

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Thanks again for the racing last night fella's and to Dave for hosting, much appreciated.
My first win, wow I didn't expect that at all and was a little lucky due to others misfortune as my single off was only very minor but I am wrapped to have won it and I now have a new love of Monza :D
Got to say last night tracks were a blast to drive. I had a great time keeping Niel honest until my brain fart @ Leipzig. After picking the gap right in between I think it was Muppet & Neil I found myself in 3rd but then looped it around @ turn 1 straight after, required a reset and with cold tyres I repeated the same a number of times to drop of the podium on the last lap, last sector. But then 4th was about where I should of been.
Shout out to Pig for posting his set, worked a treat. :)

So Nurby next week, even though the Tour De France is on I am going to try make it next week for that track alone.
Also I installed Norisring last night, funny thing is I had to do it manually as the track installer didn't install anything, just created the norisrng folder but nothing in it, anyone else experience the same?
I have also used the updated darker ashpalt texture for Noris, seems to look a bit more realistic. Also can someone confirm that the groove has gaps in it, not zebra crossing but rather proper modeled gaps which I presume is to indicate the bumps into some turns which are quite a good addition to this track.
Finally any idea on the best setup for Norisring to port over from another track?
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Hey guys,
Just to let you know I won't be racing for a few weeks for two reasons as I stated the other night,
1. Will be watching the Tour de France
2. No G25 at the moment as it has been sent back for warranty replacement.

Have fun at the Nurby this week, I am really disappointed to miss it but I am sure you will do it again one day.
Should be back around the end of July or early Aug, so see you then. :)
Dukester

David Piglos Shaw
Pig
Pig

For anyone who is interested, here is a setup for the BT19 at Bathurst. Blues has the fastest BT19 time at GPLRank of 2:06.225, and this got me a 2:07.31 just before bed at midnight, with half a dozen stubbies under my belt. So there is definitely room for improvement for somebody who is sober and has talent.

Whatever you are going to drive next Tuesday, there is a Bathurst maxim of old which goes:

Gear your car for going up the mountain, not down the chute.
66PigL9V3.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Oh damn, you guys doing Mt Panorama next week, I am sobbing as now I have missed 2 legendary tracks in a row :cry:
Dukester

David Piglos Shaw
Pig
Pig

I've got a Committee Meeting at kinder tonight so I won't be back until about 9pm.
Bluesman
AGGOT Champion
AGGOT Champion

Post by Bluesman »

ok......bit of a dismal turn up last nite but hey those that did had a lotta fun.......next weeks tracks will be Falkenberg & Zandvoort