The ARSE Series

GPL related chat
Patrini

Post by Patrini »

Sry guys I cannot make it tonight either, appologies.

Cya next week.

Have fun :)
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Blues and myself had a side by side drag from the final turn to the line at Reims. He got me by 0.04 secs for the win. Damn it was awesome :)
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Patrini

Post by Patrini »

Sry guys cannot make it again tonight, very busy at work :(

Have fun !!
Buk Nekkid

Post by Buk Nekkid »

Glad it all going well fellas,

Sorry I wasn't around, I just can't seem to score a Tuesday night free of late :( (you name it it's happened)

Hope to be around for the next comp.

Cheers, Neil :)
The not so friendly creature from the off-white puddle who will eat you......
David Piglos Shaw
Pig
Pig

Post by David Piglos Shaw »

Hi lads, sorry I haven't been in contact for a while.

Is there any action ahappening tonight?
Muppet

Post by Muppet »

Hey Dave

Good to hear from you mate.

Yes we do have some action going on tonight.

We are running the 69 f2's at Castle Combe and Crystal Palace.

You will need vroc up and running for the f2's

You will also need to launch gpl without using gem and create yourself a new player for the 69 f2's, most of us have used out usual names then just tagged a f2 on the end.

If you have any other probs, we had heaps getting these right, dave and rob will talk em through with you on vent or chat.

Hope you can join us mate.
Bluesman
AGGOT Champion
AGGOT Champion

Post by Bluesman »

ok. we've been having a fang in the 69 F2's, as there will be a comp coming up soon in these cars, they're a real blast!! :D

Robin Jeffery has been good enuff to d/load all the setups for these cars from the VROC F2 site and i now have them in my hot little hands muahahahahahaha

They will be freely available to anyone who wants them, all ya gotta do is PM me ya email details and i'll send em all nice and zipped up.

Tonite we gonna have a fang @ Imola and Kansas ( Lake Garnett), so start d/loading :)

ARSE Resident Golf Alien.......your golf ARSE's are mine :D
Bluesman
AGGOT Champion
AGGOT Champion

Post by Bluesman »

Righto guys, time for the next comp. We seem to have ironed out any bugs that guys may have had with the 69 F2's so here we go.

Starting Tuesday 25th September and running for the next 4 weeks here are the tracks.

Week 1 Aintree, Albi.

Week 2 Bridgehampton, Crystal Palace.

Week 3 Castle Combe, Laguna Seca 67.

Week 4 Pacific Raceway, Virginia.

Points will be as usual and you can use any car you want. Good Luck and Good Racing :)

Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Withdrawn from championship.
Patrini

Post by Patrini »

Sry for non attendance recently been flatout at work again, over in UK for next 2wks hope to get along again when I get back.

Have fun guys.
vipergod
Dumb ARSE

Post by vipergod »

Why doc ?
I don't care what ya say GPL still rocks
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I'm over it. I don't practice or play it only on a Tuesday night and I'm more interested in other race sims. I'm just not enjoying it anymore.
David Piglos Shaw
Pig
Pig

Sorry I no-showed again last night, my son had his school concert on. Tuesday nights are a bit difficult for me ATM but should get better soon.
Buk Nekkid

Post by Buk Nekkid »

Any racin' tonite?

Cheers, Neil :tilt:
The not so friendly creature from the off-white puddle who will eat you......
David Piglos Shaw
Pig
Pig

I have a kindergarten committee meeting on Tuesday night (only Tuesday all year) and probably won't be home until 9-9:15. Would it be possible to run Pacific second so that I may have a chance to join? (Coz it's an awesome track)
Bluesman
AGGOT Champion
AGGOT Champion

Post by Bluesman »

for you mate?.....Done :)

David Piglos Shaw
Pig
Pig

:woohoo:
David Piglos Shaw
Pig
Pig

After the talk last night that maybe we should dust off the original '67s for a comp, I did just that this afternoon.

How rude an awakening was that!

I had forgotten how difficult and awkward those things are, but rather quickly went neg at Watkins, whose neg time had disappeared from my GPLRank.
Bluesman
AGGOT Champion
AGGOT Champion

Post by Bluesman »

for some strange reason i tend to drive the 67's after i've had an extended go in the "other" cars....discovered that it actually helps me drive the 67's better.

classic example is after we drove the Thundercars @ Goodwood i went there in a 67....wasnt neg there....preceded to knock about 1.5secs of my best time and easily went neg :)

so despite what other people say i think driving the mods helps.

\m/_F2s_\m/

Post by \m/_F2s_\m/ »

yeah i agree Blues, helps spell it out a bit i reckon. :yes:
David Piglos Shaw
Pig
Pig

I agree that it does help. Different mods bring different focus to different aspects of driving, so it helps with that aspect when you shift mods.

It didn't take long to get close to my pb at Spa, but that's a hard nut for me to crack in the Brabham. Haven't got under 3:22 yet, mainly through inconsistency.
Bluesman
AGGOT Champion
AGGOT Champion

Post by Bluesman »

that really surprises me Pig........i know that you predominately drive the Brabham and figured you'd pretty much know all the idiosyncracies of the car.

Using the RE setup i was able to go neg there fairly easily ( after a few "near it" laps that gave me confidence ), though thats not to say those setups would suit you.

The other thing that helped me, and i imagine you've done this, and still helps me today, is Replay Analyser. I dont need to tell you how it works, we all do.

Classic example............i was practicing @ Bathurst for an 67 F2 race and was using a Ron Whittle Lotus setup i downloaded. his time with it was a 2.09:361 and my best was mid to low 10's.

I loaded my best lap and compared with Rons and saw that he was better out of several corners than me, so i practiced trying to be faster out of those same corners.

Bottom line....i eventually beat his time :) And then armed with that knowledge i jumped into an F1 and went neg there......which had eluded me for a looooooong time.

Give it a go you may be surprised :)

David Piglos Shaw
Pig
Pig

I originally dwnldd an RE setup, but it wasn't working for me. The diff was too 'nice' for my liking, not aggressive enough. With that I found I had to be centimetre perfect with my lines, which is something I'm not. I ended up using one from gpladdicts, slightly changed the steering ratio and coast side of the diff and it feels a lot better. I found I am now a lot better with my 2 'hoodoo' corners, Malmedy and Stavelot. I've finally got the car to work at Malmedy and after looking at a replay I am driving Stavelot a lot better. My usual problem is mental, I end up pushing too hard. I'll do a great out lap or first lap in a race, and then have a high speed off or major fuck up on the next. I ran a lot of laps there last night, but I wasn't expecting to crack a pb as I drove for 3 1/2 hours on rum and dry with beer chasers :melt: Went to bed when I couldn't see enough and woke up with a decent hangover. Still remember it enough to be of some benefit though.

If I can keep the big picture in my head I would drive a lot better. But I concentrate too much on trying to win the battle at hand and end up pushing too hard. It's always been the way with me, I'll often qualify well, but end up keeping Matt company by the end of the race.
Bluesman
AGGOT Champion
AGGOT Champion

Post by Bluesman »

mate i am not a fast driver.....it may look that way, but only in a fast car....good sign of a fast driver is when they drive fast in a slow car.

however i do get my fair share of podiums.......for one reason only.....i've learnt to keep it on the track. sure i have the odd mental lapse and pay for it,

but if you can teach yaself to limit that then you're on the way.....and on the track :)

one thing i do......i try not to think to far ahead....take one lap at a time....know where ya braking marks are and try to hitem every single lap which leads to better consistency

.......gradually creep up on being faster out of corners through the course of a race/ practice.....and above all else, be smooth.

David Piglos Shaw
Pig
Pig

To be honest I don't think you are that fast, just very consistent. I don't think I'm that fast, but I can sometimes get around a track in a similar time to you, but my consistency is not there.

Establishing braking marks is probably where I have let my self down as there are very few that I use. Lack of seat time doesn't help either.