The ARSE Series

GPL related chat
Bluesman
AGGOT Champion
AGGOT Champion

Re: The ARSE Series

Post by Bluesman »

aaahhhhh now i understand...i think. the game creates it... i think lol....so just create Pit Out & Pit In. I think the identifiers you are talking about are just the letter of each drivers name in game....irrespective of whether its your real name or a nick.

ARSE Resident Golf Alien.......your golf ARSE's are mine :D
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Cool, I will do and you can tell me next week how they appear to you in-game :p
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Been doing a bit of practice for next week, got to say the track choices are excellent, I love the elevation changes of Brands and Snetterton is a compromise in setup with that long straight and tight hairpin and essess.
So far I am using the Braby BT11 Climax 2.7 and done PB's of 1:38.88 at Brands and 1:30.11 at Snett but can see I can still make up time in a lot of places & it probably isn't the fastest car to use at Snett. I have also done a 1:30.41 @ Snett in the Maserati with a set that is still a long way of being right for the circuit. It is a real drivers sim this GPL with huge consequences when you get it wrong but great rewards when you get it right.

I am using the new rasters while practicing and have activated the Digital Display Modifier with them and it works great, not sure if I will use them for Tue night as I like the gap readout in prib, so I may revert back to the old rasters for online racing. I have also setup a lot of the options in GPLshift, the look around feature is insane as I can now triple tap my look left/right buttons to get 45/85/122 degree views, I have also activated its messaging feature so I don't need to use GPLOMe :)

Gees can't half tell I am hooked at the moment can you :nod:
Last edited by Duke on Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dukester

Bluesman
AGGOT Champion
AGGOT Champion

Post by Bluesman »

i'm thinking a 3.0litre @ Snett Wayne.....2.7 will be left for dead.......good choice for Brands though :)...........oh and dont get too cocky mate.....if we suddenly decide to race the 67's, you'll be thinking twice hehehe :)

Bluesman
AGGOT Champion
AGGOT Champion

Post by Bluesman »

ok guys.....next weeks tracks are Goodwood & Mexico. Go getem :)

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

What a blast I had a ball last night with the 2 races being a stark contrast for me.

Firstly I would like to apologise for my over enthusiasm and subsequent turn 1 spin at Snett, damn cold tyres and not enough starting line to 1st turn practice before hand. Also sorry to whoever it was that got bumped by me in Turn 1 later in the race again I was doing a lot of drifting with the setup I had and didn't realise how much more room you need to give in GPL compared to the other sim I drive, but I guess that is the nature of a 10yr old sim.
Rest of the race was quite good with a nice braking duel into the hairpin which got the heart pounding. (Sorry I don't know who was who, still trying to work out how to identify drivers without pribluda).

Second race @ Brands I decided I needed to be a lot more careful and it paid off with my first podium in GPL. Made sure I just stayed consistent and on the black stuff while others succumbed to either vehicle failure or off track excursions.

Also a huge thanks to Dave, Neil & Rob (maybe one other, I can't remember?) for sticking around and explaining so many different aspects of GPL, it was much appreciated. Sorry if it kept you up for way longer than you wanted as I too lost track of time.

Hope to see you all next week.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Hey Guys, Sorry I can't make it on Tuesday, it is the last day of the month for me so I will be busy downloading to get my max quota.
Its probably a good thing as I have struggled to get any practice in and last night I found out how hard that Mexico circuit really is.
by the way I noticed that the GPL Setup Manager in GEM+ allows custom diff ramp angles, do you guys have a view on their use, best settings and allow them to be used online?
See you the week after next hopefully.
Dukester

Speed

Post by Speed »

Flinty72 wrote:by the way I noticed that the GPL Setup Manager in GEM+ allows custom diff ramp angles, do you guys have a view on their use, best settings and allow them to be used online?
in my opinion people put way too much emphasis on diff settings.
Joosa Riekkinen has got a -90 rank using the standard settings.
http://500px.com/Warren_Joyce" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
David Piglos Shaw
Pig
Pig

Post by David Piglos Shaw »

I agree with Speed. Unless you are an alien trying to squeeze the last hundredth out for a World Record, I reckon the diff. settings on offer are more than enough. Changing these settings won't find you a bulk amount of time, but can help with consistency. I just found a setting that works for me, 45/60/2, (but it is usually a bit too agressive for other non-aliens but I have an unusual driving style) and use it in every setup.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Bluesman wrote:ok guys.....next weeks tracks are Goodwood & Mexico. Go getem :)
Jesus, there is a rare mix.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

How did it go last night Guys?
What tracks you doing next week?
Dukester

norbs

Post by norbs »

I had my arse handed to me on a plate. :)

2 not really race friendly tracks and me putting in a massive 30 mins practise didnt help.
David Piglos Shaw
Pig
Pig

Sorry I haven't fronted the last few weeks, been a bit busy and last night I just forgot. :doh:

My suggestions for non-Papy tracks are Lulsgate, Zeltweg and Pacific Raceways.

The best racing I've been involved in in months was at Silverstone, although it's not a rank track for 66s.
Bluesman
AGGOT Champion
AGGOT Champion

Post by Bluesman »

next week we'll be @ Albi & Monaco...the following week we'll be @ Leipzig & Monza.
suggestions noted Dave and will definately take them into consideration over the coming weeks :)

last nite was a blast even if it was only to have a laugh over norbs ....err....lets say ineptitude hehehehe
i'm sure that if he becomes a regular *cough cough* ( heaven forbid i've become a plebite ) or even a semi regular, he'll soon be up to speed :)

norbs

Post by norbs »

Bluesman wrote:next week we'll be @ Albi & Monaco...the following week we'll be @ Leipzig & Monza.
suggestions noted Dave and will definately take them into consideration over the coming weeks :)

last nite was a blast even if it was only to have a laugh over norbs ....err....lets say ineptitude hehehehe
i'm sure that if he becomes a regular *cough cough* ( heaven forbid i've become a plebite ) or even a semi regular, he'll soon be up to speed :)
I doubt I will become a regular. GPL is just too hard to get back to my old levels in a hurry. Plus, the net code sux arse compared to LFS. And I am downloading rFactor as well. :) I think we should start thinking about a few races for October to mark the 10th anniversary of the game. Try and drag a few of the early members in to some races at Lulsgate, Monza, Watkins, Bsarthe etc.
David Piglos Shaw
Pig
Pig

I'll never regain my earlier levels of mediocrity, I'm just happy to have fun tooling around and ocassionally be a bit of a nuisance to the back of the pointy end.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

OMG not Monaco. help!!!!!!
Flinty will offer a reward to the 1st person to send him a half decent drivable 66 set for Monaco :p
(don't know what the reward will be but....)
Dukester

Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

rFactor is good Norbs but with so many mods it can get messy. Good online racing to be had in it though. I'm hanging for Prototype C so I can flog a Porsche 956 :)
Minister for Religious Genocide.
David Piglos Shaw
Pig
Pig

For anyone who wants a setup for the BT19 for Albi. Trail brakers will want to move the brake bias back a bit.
AlbiBT19.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

David Piglos Shaw wrote:For anyone who wants a setup for the BT19 for Albi. Trail brakers will want to move the brake bias back a bit.
AlbiBT19.zip
Awesome & thanks heaps as I haven't had much practice yet as I spent the weekend learning Nurburg in the 67's. Got down to a 8:48.188 :)
Dukester

David Piglos Shaw
Pig
Pig

Nice time :yes: Dion would be envious.
Buk Nekkid

Post by Buk Nekkid »

Sorry guys,

I'm out for tonight as I've put my back out :yikes:

Hopefully will be back on board for next week :tilt:

Cheers, Neil :)
The not so friendly creature from the off-white puddle who will eat you......
Bluesman
AGGOT Champion
AGGOT Champion

Post by Bluesman »

sorry to hear that Neil :(......we'll miss ya.

vipergod
Dumb ARSE

Post by vipergod »

You cheeky sod pig
I don't care what ya say GPL still rocks
David Piglos Shaw
Pig
Pig

If somebody saved the Monaco race last night, could they please check my fastest lap in the race as my computer chucked a wobbly on exit. I'm sure I did a 1:29.91 but it didn't save to my pla66.ini Thanks