Reversed tracks

GPL related chat
Bluesman
AGGOT Champion
AGGOT Champion

Reversed tracks

Post by Bluesman »

As was suggested on Tuesday night, i'm thinking of giving a few reversed tracks a go, but i've struck a snag. :(

I can't seem to get GPL Rev to work. I've d/loaded it, and "installed" it per instructions, however i just can't seem to get my head round what i do from there lol.

If we want to give this a go then we all have to d/load this program and reverse our own tracks as you can't just d/load a pre reversed track.

You can get the prog from here http://gplpp.com/ in the Utilities / Editing stuff link.

If someone can figure how to get it working please post here and let us all know as i think this would be a lotta fun :)

ARSE Resident Golf Alien.......your golf ARSE's are mine :D
Fast_Company

Post by Fast_Company »

will look at it tonight mate.... I was expecting a reply from you in the "other games" section.;)
he who hesitates..... is lost
Muppet

Post by Muppet »

Ok Dave

I got monza to reverse. Found the easiest way was to use gplrev to reverse the track and then take a look in the track.ini file to see what it named it.

Then when I saw that it called it autodroma blah blah aznom I then went into gem+ and added it to the season using the season button in gem. Then it popped up and loaded no prob at all.

Didn't race on it yet, but it loaded so that I could.

It does look like everyone would have to at least run gplrev to get the reversed tracks and ensure they name the directory of the reversed track the same as the server or it'll say track not found. Going with the gplrev default reverse name should make that easier.

Give it a go mate.

Matt
Bluesman
AGGOT Champion
AGGOT Champion

Post by Bluesman »

mate thats not my prob.......my prob is i cant even get GPLREV to work!!! :(.....what did you do to get it to work?

Muppet

Post by Muppet »

Blues

You have got to run it from a cmd prompt.

So Start-->Run--> type cmd --> enter

put gplrev in your tracks directory of gpl, just for ease of getting it at.

Then change to your gpl directory and type glprev12 monza and this will make aznom track. You have to do this for each track.

how good are you at your cmd prompt Blues. I can be more descriptive if needs be mate.

Let me know how you get on.
Fast_Company

Post by Fast_Company »

well I couldn't get the damn thing to work... have tried all above methods to no avail....
unfortunatly this will exclude me from tonights events unless the Bluesman makes an executive decission and we go for something different

cheers, Johnno
Bluesman
AGGOT Champion
AGGOT Champion

Post by Bluesman »

ok Matt top intructions there, gotit it working no probs......ok now to confuse you all....the tracks we'll be "trying" to race tonite are Kyalami reversed & Rouen reversed.......hit it!!!!

Bluesman
AGGOT Champion
AGGOT Champion

Post by Bluesman »

OMG!!!! :yikes: just had a run @ Imalayk ( Kyalami ) & Neuor ( Rouen ).....MAN WHAT A BLAST!!! :yes: :D

its awesome as you know the track but the corners are all different lol.....corners that were a bitch before are now a breeze.

takes a liitle while to get ya braking points right and to figure you can use different gears at certain corners to what you're

used to, but once ya learn that its easy....i urge everyone to try and get this going....you wont regret it :yes:

oh and the reason i picked these 2 tracks was that i saw a thread in RSC asking what people thought were the best reversed tracks,

guess which 2 were voted the best? ;)

Muppet

Post by Muppet »

For those who are having trouble getting the tracks to reverse, lets see if this works. I've zipped up the reverse tracks and stuck them on here for you to download. Prob will still have to add them to your season list via gem and just unzip into your tracks folder.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/yoursalo ... /neuor.zip
http://members.optusnet.com.au/yoursalo ... malayk.zip

Hope these work for ya
Fast_Company

Post by Fast_Company »

how much of a victim am I, took a copy of GPL to work, installed it on my office PC and fought with the bastard of a program till I got it sorted.... so, this means that I will be running tonight after I get it sorted on my PC at home, I'll be there straight after tea, so give me a few minutes grace..... see ya there.

cheers, Johnno
David Piglos Shaw
Pig
Pig

Post by David Piglos Shaw »

I'm going to take a sabbatical for a few months while I get a couple of issues sorted. I'll catch up with you blokes then. :yes:
Fast_Company

Post by Fast_Company »

damn it Piglet! I'll miss your work brother.... take it easy and remember, A.R.S.E. is always open. ;)

cheers, Johnno
Patrini

Post by Patrini »

Sry guys bit busy tonight can't make it.

Luv the idea of the reverse tracks Blues, catch you next week.
vipergod
Dumb ARSE

Post by vipergod »

even easier just drag orig track folder into rev program and it does it for you
I don't care what ya say GPL still rocks