Montjuich Park released

GPL related chat
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Wow. Been a long time coming!!! I'm actually going to give this one a spin me thinks. :tilt:
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Very nicely done. Amazing what can still be done with GPL. Some of the TSOs are awesome.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Bluesman
AGGOT Champion
AGGOT Champion

Post by Bluesman »

we will be running this tomorrow nite providing everyone has d/loaded it.

ARSE Resident Golf Alien.......your golf ARSE's are mine :D
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Remember watching the video for this a while back and thought the driver barely got out of third gear. Looked like a slightly frustrating track to me. But then a lot of these 'holy grail' tracks don't excite me much.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
Bluesman
AGGOT Champion
AGGOT Champion

Post by Bluesman »

well Kev i can tell you after a few laps ( 1 or 50 :D ) at this track that it's only AWESOME!!!!

damn hard work as its slipperier than a bucket of eels but when ya get it right its rewarding.

that B I G sweeping turn going up the hill in 4th is a HOOT!!! :yes:

ARSE Resident Golf Alien.......your golf ARSE's are mine :D
Johnny X
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Johnny X »

Big Kev wrote:Remember watching the video for this a while back and thought the driver barely got out of third gear. Looked like a slightly frustrating track to me. But then a lot of these 'holy grail' tracks don't excite me much.
That driver would be me :)

As Bluesman says, it is a great track to drive. The first half is like Monaco but as you progress through the lap the pace builds so its like 1st/2nd for a while then 2nd/3rd then 3rd/4th and then 4th/5th as you climb back up through the lethal St Jordi uphill left hander back to the start/finish. Then just as you leap off the top of the hill its hard braking into the downhill hairpin El Angulo that is T1. It's a challenge alright and there isnt much opportunity for overtaking but you'll be too busy trying to stay out of the armco to worry about that :D

With a bit of practice you should be hitting lap times around 1:25.5 in the 69's :yes: