sure it's an old game

GPL related chat
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Re: sure it's an old game

Post by w00dsy »

yep that one. It allows widescreen or custom resolutions.
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

Oh, my car disappears at the start of the race (on the grid). I thought it might be something to fix that.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Sounds like you've got too much detail on.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

I stopped playing this back in the day because it started giving me motion sickness. I got bored a couple months ago and thought I'd try it again. Still gives me motion sickness :(

I've always had trouble going back to older games. It seems once my brain has had something more immersive it just can't be fooled in the same way and gets freaked out. I get the same problem playing old fps games.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Well thanks to some of the info Flinty has helped provide along with the fix to the sound issues i had been having that was posted by the Q Man over at RSC i finally have GPL working again on my pc after a 5-6 year absence :bigthumb:

After reading that the ARSE league was racing at Solitude i was keen to get my GPL issues sorted so i could run on some much longer tracks that LFS can offer.
Only got he 67's up and running at the moment and have watched some of my old replays from back in 2002 especially of my 2 fav tracks, Solitude & the Green Hell.

I amazed myself how quickly i got up to speed with the cars again and especially the tracks.
Its like i cut laps on some of them just yesterday and recalled most of my breaking markers out of the box.

Solitude 2002 - 3:36,98 Ferrari
Solitude 2008 - 3:32,45 Lotus

Nurburgring 2002 - 8:18,60 Lotus
Nurburgring 2008 - 8:12,98 Lotus

You tend to forget how awesome GPL is after such a long break.
As soon as my TAFE course is finished in a few weeks time ill have my Tuesday nights free again so i think its time to finally get online with you boys :nod:

EDIT:
WOOT!!! Now with that new Ring time my GPLRank is -26.506 :D

But i just realised i had realistic damage on and GPL replay Analyser says that out of 49 upshifts, 1 was a flat shift and as a result over 8mins i lost about 10 seconds in up shifting alone.
Ill have to try and lap the ring again with the damage model set to none.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Speed

Post by Speed »

Easy mistake to make but your are confusing your shift time with time lost.......not the same thing.
Your car is still in motion for the time during the shifts, hence you are only losing a fraction of the shift time. :nod:
http://500px.com/Warren_Joyce" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Speed wrote:Easy mistake to make but your are confusing your shift time with time lost.......not the same thing.
Your car is still in motion for the time during the shifts, hence you are only losing a fraction of the shift time. :nod:

Yeah i realised this when looking thru a few older replays.
Not to worry im still a few seconds quicker than i use to be. Only did 11 laps at Kayalami last night and got into the 1:19's where my old PB was a 1:20.55 so im gonna re visit all of the 67 tracks and see how much faster i am after a few years playing LFS & no GPL.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

I went backwards big time after a few years of playing other games. My old rank was -65 and when I got inspired and spent a weekend hotlapping GPL last year I was only around -35. I think I just don't play enough sims anymore to keep myself in the groove.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Still waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than me :sadbanana:
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Kenny

Post by Kenny »

Hey guys,

Its been a long time ... :)

I hadn't played GPL or any sims for at least 2 years ... I just installed GPL last week and did a few laps in the lotus at monza and it took me about 20 laps to get a low 1:29 with so many crashes :eek: although most of that was getting my hardware set up (still a red momo with Speed 7 pedals). I forgot in the logitech profiler that 100% sensitivity isn't linear but 50% is. Once I remembered that it was all good.

I hope you've all been well and I'll be around a bit more now and waiting for iRacing to go public to give it a go.

Kenny