Finally

GPL related chat
Quincy

Re: Finally

Post by Quincy »

where can i find a better than default set-up for monza.?
balls & boobs. . .
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

the defaults are pretty good, just dump the fuel out of them. You'll be able to do a sub 1.30 at monza with the defaults. As you get better the main thing you will probably do is adjust the ramp angles on the diff to make them turn a little better, but it'll also make it harder to drive. Tweaking setups in GPL doesn't have as big an effect on the feel and speed of a car as it does in other games like LFS. No matter which setup you go for you'll always be trying to tame the beast. Defaults are great baseline setups. Get used to how the cars handle and then once you can do decent times in them look for maybe Greger Huttu's GH1 setups, and then when your really good try his mega hard GH2 setups.
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

ok, but the revs in the ferrari for instance, don't seem high enough..??!! only around the 6000 to 7000...then it levels out?? is that right??
balls & boobs. . .
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

you might be in the trainer, in the race setup bit, select GP, then you'll unleash the fury. Ferrari goes to about 10'ish
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

like this
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

w00dsy wrote:your first task is a sub 1.30 at monza in the 67's, and a sub 8.30 at the ring. Actually your first task is a clean lap anywhere :p
aswell as a sub 1:30 at silverstone.

That ring time is hard. I suck at the ring, PB i ever did is a 8:55. one day ill get around to it, if i get negitve at the ring, i go negitive in rank lol :\