GPL & Radeon HD 3800 series Cards

GPL related chat
Dr. Pain

GPL & Radeon HD 3800 series Cards

Post by Dr. Pain »

http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showthread.php?t=318308

The above link is new D3d and Open GL rasterizers for GPL.

Myself and Muppet got ourselves Radeon HD 3800 series cards and GPL ran like a piece of crap. GPL being a 2d engine isnt enough to get theses cards out of Power Play mode, which is a power saving mode in the chipset of the card. So my HD 3870 was only running at 300MHz GPU clock speed and not 776MHz like it should. At Cerne's Wood that meant 19 to 21 fps and was undriveable. Even Reims was jaggy and chunky in its frame rate. The old Open GL beta would work but if I left a track it would crash the game and thats annoying when I did a 1:07.83 at Watkins Glen and it didnt record the time :(

But this new Open GL fixed all for me and Cerne's Wood in the 66 mod with a full field of AI cars didnt even cause the card to break into a sweat. A full 36 fps even with cars crashing and dust flying it didnt drop frame rate at all. At the start of the online race on Tuesday I was on pole and 12 fps before these rasterizers. So now I'm damn happy I can enjoy GPL again :)
Minister for Religious Genocide.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Re: GPL & Radeon HD 3800 series Cards

Post by w00dsy »

Bloody hell Nigel Patterson is still around. Wasn't he one of the first guys to hack GPL with the carsound patch 10 years ago?
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

amazing that 10 years on and gpl still evolves. 32bit looks much brighter and the fog option is quite nifty. I started at the back of Monaco in the 66's and it never dropped below 36fps.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

i cranked the fog up to 8.0 and it's a nightmare trying to drive around Monaco now. As if GPL isn't scary enough. How's this for a sight coming out of the tunnel.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Wooohhhh, ide like to drive the Nurburgring with that fog :D
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Looks like you need to update your fog lights :D
Minister for Religious Genocide.