Bathurst 12 Hour Race

Chat about Formula 1, V8's, Indycar etc
Forum rules
Please be careful about posting results in threads discussing current sporting events.

Where possible can the first person to start a thread on an event add *spoilers included* (or similar) to the thread title so that all discussion on the event is kept in one place and readers are aware that the content may contain the results.

r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Re: Bathurst 12 Hour Race

Post by r8response »

What is the point in those Marc cars?
Bauer

Re: RE: Re: Bathurst 12 Hour Race

Post by Bauer »

r8response wrote:What is the point in those Marc cars?
The aussie Delta Wing

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
--------------
Stu
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

To bring out safety cars it seems
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Giz set a new track record. Also the most race laps in a 12 hour race too.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

They got awful close to 300 didn't they?
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Completed 297, 1 less SC & they would've got 300 for sure.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Nice to see how reliable some of them are now to get so far.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

what happend to percat on the start? i saw the video where Mika Salo was cussing him out.

shame for Duck!
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

sounds like Percat went up the inside and Salo came across and they touched. Salo was complaining that it was only the first lap but unless i'm mistaken you are allowed to try and over take on the first lap.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

yeah. there are a few guys from iRacing going on about it on Percats facebook.

from what they are saying percat just tried to drive it in there full speed.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

That Mitchell guy went on and on about it on Sunday then admitted he hadn't seen the footage. Then gets stuck into Percat on his FB page. Wanker.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

yeah. Im guessing he has some beef with percat through iRacing. mitch used to race LFS here back in the day to.
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

Just read the sad news that Patty McLaren passed away on the weekend a Kiwi wins a major race in a McLaren. She would've loved that.
I drink a great deal, I sleep a little and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two hundred percent form - Sir Winston Churchill
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

it's interesting how much better the helmet cam conveys the violence that goes on in a race car than the silky smooth vibration free cams fitted to the cars. It also shows how much easier the GT3's get through T1 with the traction control, ABS and extra downforce. It turns it into more of a kink. You can hear Lowndes having to balance the car with the throttle a lot more. The GT3 is just hard on each pedal in and out of the corner.

Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

The ending may not have been as exciting but I was glad it wasn't the safety car fest like last years race. I was gunning for SVG to get the win, I can't really remember anymore but he's had some bad luck the last few years I think. He's a bit of a mad man behind the well but he's a great driver no doubt.
It was a great call to top up the fuel during that SC period, with all the top runners needing to make one more stop they were in the box seat from a long way out. Merc seemed to screw themselves over, after finally getting on the lead lap that pad change was at the worst possible time.

Real shame for Scott that he didn't even get to get in the car, hard to tell from the broadcast really but as Percat said other cars were two wide through there, not ideal but it's a tough situation when everyone is so bunched up. I don't think Percat was going for the overtake & Mika didn't think anyone was there.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

the fastest ever lap at Bathurst

bengatta
Ladies Motorkhana Champion

Post by bengatta »

w00dsy wrote:the fastest ever lap at Bathurst

It's weird, I still think for pure Motorsport event the 1000'in October is still light years ahead.

But the B12 is quite special if you enjoy watching cars go insanely fast. The top GT cars were breaking a full 70m later than a supercar in to the chase... It's pretty scary to see.

But the roar of the crowd when somebody like murphy does a lap of the gods is hard not to feel... The problem with SVG's lap is it barely raised a golf clap. Despite how incredible it was.

This event needs another 5000 to 8000 to give it a bit of crowd noise. As bad as the ute driving knuckle draggers are... They do add noise. And that is what is great about seeing stuff live... SVG' s lap sort of deserved a standing ovation from 50,000 people... But sadly it went largely unnoticed.
They say, any day you wake up not dead is the start of a better day than it could be...

You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice...

You're never too old to learn something stupid....
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

I don't think it went unnoticed.. Saturday evening as we wondered down pit lane and at the camp site I spoke to several people and all the talk was about SVG..

Yes you are probably right, with roughly double the crowd, the atmosphere would be at another level at the 1000.

I thought that the B12hr this year had genuine excitement and interest all weekend. It also had an awesome finish that wasn't reliant on safety cars. The diversity of the field harks back to the 1000 origins provides interest right through the field.

For me it's the only motorsport event in Australia that gets me excited any more.
eek
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I think last year's finished really helped it. I like the series and think that it should get top billing. Look at all the cars it brings and the time of year the 12 hour is held, you can drag international drivers here if they don't compete in the Daytona 24 hour.

With the changes happening in V8's and Ford and Holden going into history, it could become just as big. The cars are awesome. We do have 4 big events now. The 12 hour, F1, V8's @ Bathurst and MotoGP. :)
Minister for Religious Genocide.
bengatta
Ladies Motorkhana Champion

Post by bengatta »

Dr. Pain wrote:I think last year's finished really helped it. I like the series and think that it should get top billing. Look at all the cars it brings and the time of year the 12 hour is held, you can drag international drivers here if they don't compete in the Daytona 24 hour.

With the changes happening in V8's and Ford and Holden going into history, it could become just as big. The cars are awesome. We do have 4 big events now. The 12 hour, F1, V8's @ Bathurst and MotoGP. :)
5... The NSW Rallysprint series surely makes the list... :)
6 if you want to add the WRC @ Coffs.... :)
They say, any day you wake up not dead is the start of a better day than it could be...

You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice...

You're never too old to learn something stupid....
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

Whilst it's spectacular to have a three lap dash at the end of the race It's hardly fair way to end an enduro..

We need code-60 like Dubai so that genuine pace and smart strategy is rewarded..

Neither the promoter or host broadcaster will agree as they love to bang on about how close it is after 12hrs, but I'm sure the competitors would agree.
Last edited by pixelboy on Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
eek
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Same Pixel
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

The new Merc and BMW look good zipping around Adelaide's parklands
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

Campground and early bird tickets went on pre-sale today. The Paddock campground is sure to sell out quickly.

I bagged two camp sites backing onto mountain straight.

Be great to see lots of ARSE at the mountain!
eek
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

I put in my officials application again. Very keen, I absolutely loved last year