General F1 news

Chat about Formula 1, V8's, Indycar etc
Forum rules
Please be careful about posting results in threads discussing current sporting events.

Where possible can the first person to start a thread on an event add *spoilers included* (or similar) to the thread title so that all discussion on the event is kept in one place and readers are aware that the content may contain the results.

Sarsippius

Re: General F1 news

Post by Sarsippius »

Santaria wrote:The grid girls are pissed they don't get a modelling gig one weekend a year? Tough shit. Get a real job not on the basis of your looks. It's outdated, completely irrelevant to the sport. A cardboard cutout can be a replacement and still do the job with the same finesse. I'm with Dex on this through and through. Grid kids is a better idea and will build the sport much more as the audience can be broader now and not chauvinistic dickheads. I wonder how many times they get groped etc while doing their gig? Does anyone know the name of a famous grid girl?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Sorry but this is total bullshit and clearly shows you don't understand the issue at all. How callous and condescending to just dismiss another persons lively hood out of some mistaken feeling of superiority and touchy feely nonsense about promotional modelling being outdated.

Live and let live and all that, grid girls do not harm anyone and we supposedly live in free societies (Western nations at least). This is purely about a regressive ideology (feminism) imposing it's warped sense of morality on the world at large. This is the reason this issue has blown up, the thought police are here and people are starting to wake up to it.
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

Sarsippius wrote:This is purely about a regressive ideology (feminism) imposing it's warped sense of morality on the world at large. This is the reason this issue has blown up, the thought police are here and people are starting to wake up to it.
Those evil feminists! How dare they steal our eye candy, sorry, fetchingly clad promotional models.

Just remember the entire feminist movement didn't evolve out of a vacuum. This is one result of treating half the population like less than equals for aeons. Don't like someone unlike you making decisions for you, that you don't like? Walk a mile in their shoes. Not trying to be an apologist, but please, get a grip. This is one aspect of them evil feminists pushing back against over-sexualised work place behaviour. Has it gone too far? I'm not going to cry a river over it. If the "promotional models" are so valuable they'll still be employed in the paddock to entertain, sorry, promote products to folks milling around back there or in the stands and other gathering places.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Cursed wrote:
Sarsippius wrote:This is purely about a regressive ideology (feminism) imposing it's warped sense of morality on the world at large. This is the reason this issue has blown up, the thought police are here and people are starting to wake up to it.
Those evil feminists! How dare they steal our eye candy, sorry, fetchingly clad promotional models.

Just remember the entire feminist movement didn't evolve out of a vacuum. This is one result of treating half the population like less than equals for aeons. Don't like someone unlike you making decisions for you, that you don't like? Walk a mile in their shoes. Not trying to be an apologist, but please, get a grip. This is one aspect of them evil feminists pushing back against over-sexualised work place behaviour. Has it gone too far? I'm not going to cry a river over it. If the "promotional models" are so valuable they'll still be employed in the paddock to entertain, sorry, promote products to folks milling around back there or in the stands and other gathering places.
White men feeling like they have had something taken off them. LOL. Is so funny watching social media blow up. If you want eye candy, red tube is still online. :lol:

Thought police? I have never understood this. How can anyone stop you having thoughts? Just dont act on them you sick fucks!
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Minister for Religious Genocide.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Cursed wrote:

This has got to be one of the best comments I’ve ever read on ARSE.

It’s a shame the stigma that gets associated with the term ‘feminism’... I’m convinced that a lot of guys wrongly conclude that more rights for women must mean less for them somehow. I’m all for equal rights, for women, minorities, and the less fortunate than me. And I’m happy to call myself a feminist. But I’m not so sure this decision has much to do with rights, and more to do with a societal shift and being inclusive.

I’m also in no way offended by grid girls. They are fucking hot. And I quite like looking at them too. But at least I can recognise what’s going on here, and when something is a bit outdated. From a business and marketing standpoint, I can see why the change is being made, and I think it’s more inclusive and the right way to go. I get why people don’t like it... because at face value, something nice is being taken away. But maybe it’s just one small part of trying to improve the brand, show, and racing to increase the audience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

You guys are totally missing the point but I don't have time right now.

Santaria I just want to say that what I said was not meant to be a personal attack so I hope you don't take it that way. I don't (or try not to) take these things personally and while I can get a bit riled up what I say is not intended to be personal. I stand by what I said but could show more tact.
Santaria

Re: RE: Re: General F1 news

Post by Santaria »

Sarsippius wrote:You guys are totally missing the point but I don't have time right now.

Santaria I just want to say that what I said was not meant to be a personal attack so I hope you don't take it that way. I don't (or try not to) take these things personally and while I can get a bit riled up what I say is not intended to be personal. I stand by what I said but could show more tact.
We've been around a lot of years mate, it's fine Image. To briefly follow up on it all, unlike Dex I'll never call myself a feminist. Feminism is and never will be about equality, I'm happy to be "labelled" egalitarian. The fact of the matter is they're employed based on the ability to be objectified and nothing more. Height, weight and proportions. Move on with it and let's focus on the real task at hand: how the fuck is Jamo still part of this group? Lol.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

Well at least you seem to have an understanding of what feminism is really all about. Both sexes are objectified in certain ways and I don't think that's automatically a problem but I won't belabour the point any further.
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

Sars, this is all way off topic now, but I just wanted to point out what was just said:
Santaria wrote: Feminism is and never will be about equality
And you pipe up:
Sarsippius wrote:Well at least you seem to have an understanding of what feminism is really all about.
Or to simplify: Feminism is really all about never being about equality.

I'm sure any people that find this edifying argument in a Google search will thank you for distilling the essence of just what feminism is.

To go back on-topic; my point (and it seems to need clarifying) is that removal of the grid girls is not down to some thought police standing over F1 management to tsk tsk them to follow a regressive(?) feminist line. Social mores, as ever, are moving. F1 management folks who want to broaden their audience appeal probably want to align with current social mores, rather than ignore them. If you want to blame the feminists for affecting social mores to change like this, then look at the society that has taken it up. They obviously see some substance to the arguments. Oh, and to affect change, well that is the opposite of regression.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Time for a deviation.

IndyCar conducts first track test of its windscreen.
https://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2018/02/09/ ... indscreen/

Dixons impressions
https://www.motorsport.com/indycar/news ... n-1003353/

Last two images shows the thickness of the screen.

Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Much better idea than the halo plus the look of the new indycar body craps all over F1 in it's current state in my opinion.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

I love the look of the new Indy Car. Looks like a proper open wheeler and reminds me of the simpler F1's of the early 90's.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Looks so much better than the stupid halo. Wouldn't surprise me if F1 teams pushed halo because it would have less effect on the aero.

pab

Post by pab »

Jamo should like it cause it's oldskool 60's like!
PB
Radioactive Race Engineering #16 / Lightning Karts KT100s #61
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

pab wrote:Jamo should like it cause it's oldskool 60's like!
I reckon Jamo will hate it and call for drivers to go back to racing like this.

DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Pfft, bunch of pansies with their hard hats and their eye protection.

Real men raced with 2 in the car so if you crashed you always took at least one other person out with you.

richo

Post by richo »

That Indy car looks miles better with the windscreen , why did they not pursuit this just because Vettle got woozy?
[]D [] []v[] []D
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

I wonder whether Vettel thought they’d give the whole idea away if he didn’t like it. The screen looks far better, I agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Vettel only did one slow lap at Silverstone I think. Hardly much of a test. If F1 wanted a screen they didn't give it much of a go. Having said that they've barely done more than a couple of installation laps with the halo either. Kind of get the feeling no one really wants anything but they have to so this will do.

The indy screen doesn't look too bad though. Anything will look better than the halo!
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

I suspect Ferrari didn't want the screen for some reason, so Vettel simply did as he was told.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Dukester

norbs

Post by norbs »

Anyone watched Grand Prix driver?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt7841526/
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

I didn't think it was out yet?
Dukester

norbs

Post by norbs »

Duke wrote:I didn't think it was out yet?

Oh, ok. :nod:
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

God you gotta love Indycar. Never excpected that they would have helmet cam from the first or their areo screen tests. :bigthumb: