NASCAR 2017

Chat about Formula 1, V8's, Indycar etc
Forum rules
Please be careful about posting results in threads discussing current sporting events.

Where possible can the first person to start a thread on an event add *spoilers included* (or similar) to the thread title so that all discussion on the event is kept in one place and readers are aware that the content may contain the results.

wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Re: NASCAR 2015

Post by wobblysauce »

There job is to entertain, but it can be frustrating that it not the same rules for all.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Speed

Post by Speed »

NeilPearson wrote:So...

Nascar right now is a major fucking Joke.

Joey Logano wrecks Matt Kenseth to take a win, ruins kenseths chance at a championship, then 2 races later Kenseth, while 9 laps down, after being hit by Logano's team mate, takes payback.

Nascar suspends Kenseth for two races. which is pathetic, NASCAR instigated a take care of it yourselves policy in 2010. it was used. now they ban one driver and are lenient on the another?

Dancia Patrick does the EXACT same thing as kenseth, fined and championship points docked.
I don't think that what Joey did a few weeks ago was anything like what Kenseth did. Kenseth had already squeezed him a couple of times and then when he blocked him for the 3rd time Joey didn't back off. They were both going for the win and Joey was faster.

What Kenseth did on the weekend was much more dangerous than what Patrick did and he was 9 laps down. I know you're not a Logano fan and I think you might be biased against him.
http://500px.com/Warren_Joyce" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

I am predisposed to not like Logano, he is a tool. but how can you say Kenseths was far more dangerous? Danica hit him 3 times, twice trying to wreck him, then chasing him down the track when he came back around after she spun out trying to spin him while its already under caution?

Racing for the win and a berth in the next round for the championship in kansas and he shouldn't try every thing he can to keep logano behind him? Logano was locked in. he didnt need to win, he was already in.
Speed

Post by Speed »

NeilPearson wrote:I am predisposed to not like Logano, he is a tool. but how can you say Kenseths was far more dangerous? Danica hit him 3 times, twice trying to wreck him, then chasing him down the track when he came back around after she spun out trying to spin him while its already under caution?
I'm not saying that Danica isn't a dickhead but what Kenseth did was at much greater speed.
NeilPearson wrote:Racing for the win and a berth in the next round for the championship in kansas and he shouldn't try every thing he can to keep logano behind him? Logano was locked in. he didnt need to win, he was already in.
Just because Logano was locked in doesn't mean he shouldn't do his best to win. Just my opinion. :yes:
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

WTF!!! Really NASCAR... :lol:

Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

why the :lol: ?

its dumb i cant believe they have done it.
bengatta
Ladies Motorkhana Champion

Post by bengatta »

I love it... It will be about putting bums on seats, and Americans have short attention spans in sport... It's worth a try in the lower categories...
They say, any day you wake up not dead is the start of a better day than it could be...

You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice...

You're never too old to learn something stupid....
Speed

Post by Speed »

Talking about trucks Rico Abreu is a 23 year old midget who just won the Chili Bowl for the 2nd year running from 300ish entries. Check out his victory donuts.

Anyway, back to trucks, he has a full time drive this year. I'll be interested to see how he goes, he's pretty awesome in a "midget"/speedcar.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

His small statue as in lack of body weight would be an advantage wouldn't it...?
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Speed

Post by Speed »

Duke wrote:His small statue as in lack of body weight would be an advantage wouldn't it...?
Probably not as there is a minimum weight limit including water, oil, fuel and the driver.

I reckon he would be seriously hampered by lack of arm and leg reach and range of movement.
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

Any one watch the Dover race..

Number 48 got stuck in gear and couldn't accelerate on restart... 18 cars taken out.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Speed wrote:
Duke wrote:His small statue as in lack of body weight would be an advantage wouldn't it...?
Probably not as there is a minimum weight limit including water, oil, fuel and the driver.

I reckon he would be seriously hampered by lack of arm and leg reach and range of movement.
He'd have to use a small diameter wheel to achieve the same rotation with smaller arms wouldn't he? It's seriously impressive either way

wobblysauce wrote:Any one watch the Dover race..

Number 48 got stuck in gear and couldn't accelerate on restart... 18 cars taken out.
Yea big wreck, made me lol. The end was an impressive 20 odd laps. Truex Jnr must be cursed
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Cant wait for tony stewart to retire.
Speed

Post by Speed »

Oh yeah, Tony has serious anger issues and seems to get angry that other, lesser people are sharing his track. He's really the only person in the field I never want to win.
He's very lucky he wasn't charged with the death of Kevin Ward and he quietened down for a while after that but his true colours are showing again.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

I usually get a chuckle over some of the sponsored event names Nascar rounds attract. But I think we have a new winner!!!

http://blackflag.jalopnik.com/this-week ... 1786533536

WTF!!!

Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Speed wrote:Oh yeah, Tony has serious anger issues and seems to get angry that other, lesser people are sharing his track. He's really the only person in the field I never want to win.
He's very lucky he wasn't charged with the death of Kevin Ward and he quietened down for a while after that but his true colours are showing again.
He is the worst, and his fans are the most one sided i have ever seen.

and LOL at that name!
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Before this, Jimmy Johnson was no where, in 10th losing ground to the leaders.

gets through that, wins the race and his 7th championship in 11 years.
Speed

Post by Speed »

Johnson and Knaus have an amazing ability to adapt to circumstances.
They were certainly lucky but it is incredible how often they win races after struggling in the opening segments.
7 championships against such tough competition is just awesome. :eyepop:
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

lot of american fluff, but all up a great video of the last race. focusing on the radio chatter

Speed

Post by Speed »

NeilPearson wrote:lot of american fluff, but all up a great video of the last race. focusing on the radio chatter
Cool, thanks for the link. :yes:
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

yeah cool clip. Not seen any this year

cheers
--------------
Stu
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

So on Reddit about a week ago, someone posted a rumor that a driver was going to retire before the season starts. he couldnt give any details as it would get him fired, but said a few things, most people thought it would be Allmendinger. he said it wasnt, then it died off and everone thought it was a joke.

Last night, Carl Edwards announced he wont be racing this year.

should have won a championship, to retirement... crazy offseason.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

I was almost more surprised about that than Rosberg. Mainly because he hasn't just won a title and it's getting towards the start of the new season. Plus he's already done promo work for this season, now he quits. Something's fucky.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

yeah same here.

JGR seem to be loyal to their drivers, so I wonder if it was all Carl or what
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Re: NASCAR 2017

Post by NeilPearson »

UGH
The crux of the changes will focus on dividing each race of the entire season into segments – typically three, multiple sources confirmed.

In general, the system will work as follows:

Teams will know before the season begins how each race will be divided, which will be based on race and track length.

At the end of each segment during the races, bonus points will be awarded for those drivers running in the Top 10.

During the segment breaks, there will be coordination between NASCAR and the TV networks to ensure as little on-track action (including pit stops) will be missed as possible.

At the end of the race, the normal points will be awarded to the finishing order of the race as they have been.

A driver’s total for the event will include the normal race finish points plus any top-10 running bonus points collected in the segments.

The 10-race Chase for the championship will be conducted in most part as it has, but there is expected to be an opportunity for drivers to earn bonus points during the Chase.
http://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/ne ... 17-867723/