V8supercars 2016

Chat about Formula 1, V8's, Indycar etc
Forum rules
Please be careful about posting results in threads discussing current sporting events.

Where possible can the first person to start a thread on an event add *spoilers included* (or similar) to the thread title so that all discussion on the event is kept in one place and readers are aware that the content may contain the results.

wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Re: V8supercars 2016

Post by wobblysauce »

And the safety gear looks unchanged..
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

Was that the Meter that went flying in the car?
I drink a great deal, I sleep a little and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two hundred percent form - Sir Winston Churchill
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

looks like the cover off something. Not sure what though.
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

From memory the broadcasting gear is on the back seat area.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

Courtney and Pye have been announced as Walkinshaw drivers for next year. No word on where Tander is going yet. Rumors are he'll be at GRM.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
Bails MacKenzie

Post by Bails MacKenzie »

Well, how was that for a Bathurst 1000?
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

How many bathurst wins can whincup throw away?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

Keep getting shitted off at comments about the pussy wagon doing well. They were 2 seconds off the pace and got lapped on pace alone. How are people thinking this is good?
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

How many opportunities do they get to drive these cars? Need a lot of seat time to drive these things well. They've had 4 days in a year under race weekend conditions.

I say good on them for finishing and having a go :yes:
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

I reckon whincups penalty was rough. Was hoping giz would win though

Hello :aussie:
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

Gracie has had 2 fucking years in these cars, all the other drivers who don't drive V8's full time were up to pace. Just no excuse at all
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Shaun wrote:I reckon whincups penalty was rough. Was hoping giz would win though

nope.

He slowed dramatically on the racing line, to stop Tander getting in front of him.

he caused that WHOLE incident. had he have redressed the position safely, Tander wouldnt have been where he was when Mclaughlin came back on track.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

I agree he shouldnt have tried to re address so soon. Scotty shouldn't have come belting on the track at full pace. As he did that tander was trying to pass whincup. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but everyone played a part in it

GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

Red Bull have filed a protest against the 15 second penalty in a move that surprises noone
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

What a shambles that was. I agree they all played their part in it but it started with Whincup & a penalty had to be issued.
My issue with it was the penalty should have been a PLP, no way should Whincup have been allowed to continue at the front of the race, no less.
Who knew what could have happened by the end of the race, he could've still won it albeit under very extraordinary circumstances but the chance was still there.
A PLP would have put him at the back of the queue & out of contention for the win or even a descent place. It would have been a more fitting penalty & much less confusing, especially for the TV audience (some who only tune in late) as well as us fans & everyone in the paddock trying to work out where Whincup would end up placing.

I too wanted SVG to win it but I'm wrapped for Tekno & for Jono Webb, he's put so much into the sport as a privateer, single car team.
It was also great to see after what happened in 2014 with him & ironically SVG missing the win at the last pit-stop with a stall & no working starter motor.

It was also a day for the not so typical drivers of each team placing well compared to their more established team-mates.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

GT VIRUS wrote:Red Bull have filed a protest against the 15 second penalty in a move that surprises noone
oh great.
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Great race again for Tekno, always at the right spot at the right time.

Any further info on the BOC that went into the wall? guessing something with the RF wheel area for it to dart like that, others where in the marbles and still made the turn.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Just felt weird that the car that won didn't lead a lap in the whole race. Pit lane penalty would've been more normal i think

NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Yeah I don't see why they couldn't have given a pit lane penalty. Atm they can get the time back....
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

Apparently it was a level 1 incident which is a car leaving the track but not spinning after a touch with a competitor. If a redress isn't carried out then it's a 10 point deduction from the drivers points. Sounds like the officials made up their own penalty and that's why 888 are protesting. To be honest they have a case.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Umm yes the initial incident my have been level 1 but the redress is what caused the bigger incident. That took 2 cars off track & is why I still believe a PLP was what should have been issued. (without actually reading the V8SC rule book).

Be interesting to see what comes of the protest if there has indeed been an incorrect implementation of the rules.
Just not sure there would be anything specific to cover that situation though.

I do feel for JW as he was trying to do the correct thing & it was really a misjudgment by all parties involved.
Hence McLaughlin getting a post race penalty for his part in it.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

I think the redress rules are the main thing at fault here rather than anything the drivers did. The initial contact wasnt really much but under the rules JW has to slow down to let SM back in front which he was doing. He didn't seem to be trying to block Garth, once out of the corner he stuck to the left to let Garth pass and let Scott back on the track to then get back in front. Technically JW did everything by the book, the problem was an unfortunate series of events with Scott coming back into the middle of the track from the right as Garth went to the middle of the track from the left. No one really did anything wrong, it just all happened in the same spot at the same time.
Shaun

Re: RE: Re: V8supercars 2016

Post by Shaun »

Duke wrote:Umm yes the initial incident my have been level 1 but the redress is what caused the bigger incident. That took 2 cars off track & is why I still believe a PLP was what should have been issued. (without actually reading the V8SC rule book).

Be interesting to see what comes of the protest if there has indeed been an incorrect implementation of the rules.
Just not sure there would be anything specific to cover that situation though.

I do feel for JW as he was trying to do the correct thing & it was really a misjudgment by all parties involved.
Hence McLaughlin getting a post race penalty for his part in it.
While what you say is correct supercars told redbull the 15 sec time penalty was soley for the hit with scotty and nothing to do with the accident after. Therefore redbull have a case he should get the win and a 10 point deduction if they followed the rules they made

GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

Without seeing the charge sheet, I'l have him under cams 7.2 (v)
It is not permitted to drive an automobile unnecessarily slowly, erratically or in a manner deemed potentially
dangerous to other Drivers at any time

By slowing unexpectedly on race lane, that is what I believe he did
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Im not a fan of appeals in motorsport. You dont see Geelong appealing against a free kick given to hawthorn which then won the hawks the game. Umpires decision should be final. Otherwise the last 10 laps were run under false conditions and every other team can appeal.

End of day Jaimie made a silly move that ultimately caused all this. Screwed up. Move on.